Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musea back on the reissues market

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    They did a vinyl edition of Shub Niggurath a couple of years ago
    I would love to know how it sounds and if they took the bother of using the master tapes...
    I would suggest they simply reprinted their magnificent original release of that album from 1986 - which is definitely from mastertapes and sounds like an orgasmic earthquake. I believe that's what they did when issuing the Gazul CD version some 20 years ago.

Too bad about Fromy's Quatre Axes Mutants from 1988 staying so much in the dark, as it deserves to be heard by more folks. It's perhaps not a 'rock' album as such, but I thoroughly enjoy its overwhelmingly armageddish vibe.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I would suggest they simply reprinted their magnificent original
    Too bad about Fromy's Quatre Axes Mutants from 1988 staying so much in the dark, as it deserves to be heard by more folks. It's perhaps not a 'rock' album as such, but I thoroughly enjoy its overwhelmingly armageddish vibe.
    A few years ago saw the multi track tapes lying on the floor of Frank’s workshop gathering dust...

^ That's disconcerting! That whole recording sounds very much like a work of hard-earned love and intense labour, as he obviously had to hire an entire electroacoustic ensemble, have them learn the sheets and rehearse it (which must have been a bitchy undertaking, as this is almost as much of a 'play' as a musical piece) - before taping it in what sounds like a gymnastic's hall or something. Some of the vocals here are obviously performed by professional singers, still the piano, the percussion charts and Ballaud's lethal bass extravaganza is what makes it a winner to me.

It takes patience and reciliense to sit through it, though. This is genuinely challenging stuff.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ That's disconcerting! That whole recording sounds very much like a work of hard-earned love and intense labour, as he obviously had to hire an entire electroacoustic ensemble, have them learn the sheets and rehearse it (which must have been a bitchy undertaking, as this is almost as much of a 'play' as a musical piece) - before taping it in what sounds like a gymnastic's hall or something. Some of the vocals here are obviously performed by professional singers, still the piano, the percussion charts and Ballaud's lethal bass extravaganza is what makes it a winner to me.
    It takes patience and reciliense to sit through it, though. This is genuinely challenging stuff.
    The baritone/bass male vocal is Frank
    Maybe I will interview him about the making of the album

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    The baritone/bass male vocal is Frank

I never doubted the talents of the guy - I mean, there's practically a whole world of Development between Shub, Axes, 000's Crypto Sensus and Unit Wail - still, if that's his voice and 'engagement' on "Beata Dolores" then that's quite astonishing in the way he interacts with highly dense notations! This is devastating stuff…

I think Argo’s first two were on Musea. I missed getting those....Hoping for reissue soon....especially since they just released a great new album!
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Are the SOleil Zeuhl releases for Potemkine OOP??

Unless you mean the Foetus debut album, which got split up on the other two albums reissue
    I got confirmation from Musea that the Potemkine album they plan to reissue is Foetus and it will be a vinyl only release scheduled for January 2019.

I really want that Ex Vitae. And Artcane too. Will they have'em at Walmart's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Artcane was already released, as someone else pointed out. I also have inside knowledge that they plan a CD release for Moravagine and Potemkine, in addition to the tiles you mention above.
    There was a bootleg release of Artcane in 2014, not a proper reissue.

I really want that Ex Vitae. And Artcane too. Will they have'em at Walmart's?
    Yes. With Walmart-exclusive bonus tracks I'm sure.

That one might even be more obscure than the NPTOLPQSIVRT album.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    That one might even be more obscure than the NPTOLPQSIVRT album.
    No, that one was a local hit in Bethesda back in April '94.