Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: STEVE HACKETT Peforms Selling England By The Pound!

STEVE HACKETT Peforms Selling England By The Pound!

From Steve Hackett's website:

Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited Tour 2019. Selling England by the Pound: The Entire Album plus Spectral Mornings & New Album Highlights. (32 concerts in Europe).

I'll buy that DVD.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Damn, bring that to the US Steve! Actually, I'm holding out hope that he'll one day do the entire Lamb live.

I’d love to see that !

The only downside will be Nad Sylvan again...

I like Nad Sylvan!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Damn, bring that to the US Steve! Actually, I'm holding out hope that he'll one day do the entire Lamb live.
    Me too! I know they can pull it off, and the fans will want it. I predict it will be done, possibly the following tour.

And remember Steve is recording a show or shows with an Orchrestra which he said will be released on DVD.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Nad will be great on Epping IMHO. I wouldn’t miss a Hackett show (haven’t since the Guitar Noir tour) but I do kinda wish he’d concentrate more on his solo albums. Guess Genesis sells better.

Bring Back Hicks and Steve's brother. Nad has run it's course

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I like Nad Sylvan!
    Me too.

excited for this though honestly I would rather him play spectral mornings in completeness... hope he does pull out something rarer from spectral.

Come on Steve, do Acolyte and PDT with guest singers (hey, Steve Walsh is available). That would probably be enough to fill the theaters he usually plays.

I don't need to see Steve's band do the less guitar-centric Genesis material. After the Ordeal will be a treat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Come on Steve, do Acolyte and PDT with guest singers (hey, Steve Walsh is available). That would probably be enough to fill the theaters he usually plays.

I don't need to see Steve's band do the less guitar-centric Genesis material. After the Ordeal will be a treat, though.
    uh, I think Steve is doing quite well selling out the venues he appears at, and I think he and his management have done a great job resurrecting his career.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

After the Ordeal will be a treat, though.
    I saw him play that a few years back on the Acolyte To Wolflight tour. Steve on 12-string and Roine Stolt guitar solo. It was really nice!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    uh, I think Steve is doing quite well selling out the venues he appears at, and I think he and his management have done a great job resurrecting his career.

Which was my point. I think he has a pretty solid fanbase, and they'd still be coming if he toured vintage Hackett material (with some Genesis thrown in) rather than building tours around the latter.
    Last edited by bRETT; 09-25-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I like Nad Sylvan!
    I have no issues with Nad but would rather hear his solo and Agents of Mercy material. Mix in some Unifaun as well.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Which was my point. I think he has a pretty solid fanbase, and they'd still be coming if he toured vintage Hackett material (with some Genesis thrown in) rather than building tours around the latter.
    As a very long time fan of Steve Hackett I agree, I'd love to see him tour doing more of his solo stuff, but I do believe a certain percentage of the audience is there for the Genesis stuff. We got in to listening to a Hackett marathon one night, albums like HIghly Strung, Cured, Defector and it's amazing how much of his material still holds up.

I only commented on the thing about filling seats because of having guest singers(which I think would be impractical considering the added costs of paying extra people, lodging, food, etc, just for a few songs). Maybe Hicks, Walsh and Nick Magnus as guests for a one time show and filmed video for DVD.

As fans of Steve H, it's all good bro.

Who's Nad?

seems like there is a bit of a divide about Nad (which, even tho i like him, i can understand)

i think the two groups need to face off, one shouting "stay nad, stay nad...", the other shouting...oops...never mind

I'm amazed that people are so spoiled/picky that there are complaints that he will be doing the entire Selling England album live and not more of his solo stuff. Where else are you going to get to hear the Selling England album performed in its entirety with quality musicians including the original guitarist on the album live?! These are great times for Genesis fans to be able to hear this great material live performed by the only core member willing to and able to carry on the legacy and celebrate it. Enjoy these tours while they are here--they won't go on forever.

Hackett toured for years doing mostly his own material with just bits of Genesis thrown in--those tours were smaller and not quite as popular as the Gen Revisited themed tours, that's just the reality. Hackett is proud of his Genesis career and should be lauded at every opportunity for continuing to carry the torch. He's still doing a signicant chunk of his own classic albums on most of these tours, so it's win-win in my view. I'll continue to travel to see every tour as long as he does this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I'm amazed that people are so spoiled/picky that there are complaints that he will be doing the entire Selling England album live and not more of his solo stuff. Where else are you going to get to hear the Selling England album performed in its entirety with quality musicians including the original guitarist on the album live?! These are great times for Genesis fans to be able to hear this great material live performed by the only core member willing to and able to carry on the legacy and celebrate it. Enjoy these tours while they are here--they won't go on forever.

Hackett toured for years doing mostly his own material with just bits of Genesis thrown in--those tours were smaller and not quite as popular as the Gen Revisited themed tours, that's just the reality. Hackett is proud of his Genesis career and should be lauded at every opportunity for continuing to carry the torch. He's still doing a signicant chunk of his own classic albums on most of these tours, so it's win-win in my view. I'll continue to travel to see every tour as long as he does this.
    Point taken you're absolutely correct, this is actually awesome! And I like Nad just fine. Plus, not that it matters for the music (but it does for other areas) Nad seems to be a real quality person. It is nice to have a 2nd vocalist at times too to mix things up. To me Nad sounds more like Phil did in the real early years. Anyway, Steve puts on such incredible performances of Genesis material, this is going to be a timeless and great show

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Point taken you're absolutely correct, this is actually awesome! And I like Nad just fine. Plus, not that it matters for the music (but it does for other areas) Nad seems to be a real quality person. It is nice to have a 2nd vocalist at times too to mix things up. To me Nad sounds more like Phil did in the real early years. Anyway, Steve puts on such incredible performances of Genesis material, this is going to be a timeless and great show
    Agreed with everything you just said.

And I too think that Nad seems to be a good guy in real life, at least judging from what I've seen and read about. I also really like his voice!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    As many know, Nad used to post on PE during the Unifaun years. I like his voice a lot and he has many good shows to still perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    As a very long time fan of Steve Hackett I agree, I'd love to see him tour doing more of his solo stuff, but I do believe a certain percentage of the audience is there for the Genesis stuff. We got in to listening to a Hackett marathon one night, albums like HIghly Strung, Cured, Defector and it's amazing how much of his material still holds up.
    Agreed completely. The Genesis Revisited stuff was fine for a couple of go-rounds, but at this point it's really tiresome.

Make it stop.