Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: STEVE HACKETT Peforms Selling England By The Pound!

Very disappointed, no South East US dates this year. Saw him for the Wolflight tour in Clearwater, Fl at the Capitol theater and the gig was sold out, so it's not a matter of selling tickets.
    Must be scheduling or promoters..who knows, just feel bad but the Wolflight tour show is counted as one of my wife's and I all time favorite concerts.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Bummed there’s no DC area date... odd as both times I saw him at the Lincoln Theater here the shows were very well attended and crowds enthusiastic.

And still no Dallas, yet again!

TTBOMM, Steve has not played in the Dallas area since the early 80's!

Found it! November 22, 1981 at the Agora Ballroom in North Dallas on the "Cured" tour. I was there! Saw PG there as well a few months later.

He played at Dallas City Limits off NW HWY in maybe 1989 or 90. I was there. But I think that was the last time. Yeah I was really hoping for a Dallas show this time around. Seeing some people say they are skipping this tour because they have seen him too many times recently makes me think he needs to tour some new turf. All of us here are ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    He played at Dallas City Limits off NW HWY in maybe 1989 or 90. I was there. But I think that was the last time. Yeah I was really hoping for a Dallas show this time around. Seeing some people say they are skipping this tour because they have seen him too many times recently makes me think he needs to tour some new turf. All of us here are ready to go!

Seems like Steve basically plays the same areas every time he tours the US, with the NE getting the heaviest coverage then Chicago/Milwaukee & maybe a few west coast cities (LA, SF, Seattle). That's usually it. I guarantee he would be very well received in Dallas. The prog is strong in D these days.

He also seems to hit the AZ alot. This time he is doing Phoenix & Tucson. Is there a strong geezer-Prog community out there? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Seeing some people say they are skipping this tour because they have seen him too many times recently makes me think he needs to tour some new turf.
    THe reason he (and a lot of other bands) play the same markets again and again is, perhaps, that's where the promoters and venue owners are willing to book him. Maybe the reason he doesn't play Dallas anymore is because there's nobody there with the connections and the interest to book him.

Perhaps you need to find out who the people who do shows in the Dallas area are and try to motivate them to book Steve (or whomever it is you might wish to have play in Dallas).

I think I've only ever seen Steve four times, including the thing he did at a Borders bookstore about a mile from my house (I literally walked there) back in 2003 (same week as the Big Blackout).