Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supertramp Reunion

Thanks for the video heads up
    Figured it was a tease though!
    Saw them live around 80 in San Diego on Breakfast in America Tour with Tull
    Cannot remember who the headliner was
    I love Crime of the Century and wish I had seen them before BinA

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I lived it, bro. Hodgson quit in the middle of the tour.
    I believe you, I was too young. I just never knew.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I lived it, bro. Hodgson quit in the middle of the tour.
    I never heard this. I saw them in '79 and '83 (first show of the US tour). Roger announced from the stage he was going to be leaving.
    Where was your show supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    I never heard this. I saw them in '79 and '83 (first show of the US tour). Roger announced from the stage he was going to be leaving.
    Pittsburgh.

You saw them in Jersey on August 9, then?

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=604748

The latest show listed here is September 24 in LA.

http://db.etree.org/db/shows/browse/...3727/year/1983

This might not be a full tour list

I don't recall the date of the Pittsburgh show.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I saw Roger about 2 months ago at the American Music Theater in Lancaster, while the show itself was great and the set list also good, the mix and sound in the theater was horrible, unless all you want to hear is the bass drum. I'm a drummer, but it was just really to distracting to even listen to, I left early and told somebody in the lobby who was involved in Rogers entourage why I was leaving, but it was too late at that point. Bottom line, great theater, great show, horrible sound, a real disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    that was my understanding as well... He warned that Munich 83 (the end of the tour) would be his last gig before the start of the tour

I guess that's why it was filmed too.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    old news......

and after his recent battle with Cancer, Rick Davis touring days are over anyway.

Roger is touring though.

I just bought a ticket for a June date in Long Island NY, Ricky and the Rockets featuring GE Smith and Marty Walsh

the venue looks like a bed and breakfast dinner theater type of thing and should be low key and cool

after seeing Supertramp a few times, with and without Roger, seeing several solo, dup and band Hodgson shows, I am stoked to see Rick sing some of these classic songs.
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    that was my understanding as well... He warned that Munich 83 (the end of the tour) would be his last gig before the start of the tour

I guess that's why it was filmed too.
    Munich was the end of the European tour. They did a US tour after that.

All I know if that we had tickets and found out the day of the show it was cancelled and they were no more. We had to return the tickets for a refund.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

JUNE
    1 Stockholm
    2 Stockholm
    5 Copenhagen
    8 Amsterdam
    10 Brussels
    12 Frankfurt
    14 Vienna
    17 Cologne
    19 Dortmund
    21 Hamburg
    23 Berlin
    24 Paris
    26 Nantes
    29 London
    30 London

JULY
    1 London
    2 London
    3 Lyon
    5 Barcelona
    7 Madrid
    10 Karlsruhe
    12 Verona
    14 Viareggio
    16 Basel
    19 Biarritz
    21 Nice
    23 Munich

AUGUST
    5 Philadelphia
    6 Hampton
    8 Long Island
    9 New York
    10 Pittsburgh
    11 Buffalo
    13 Atlanta
    15 Baltimore
    17 Worcester
    18 Montreal
    19 Montreal
    20 Montreal
    22 Ottawa
    24 Toronto
    25 Toronto
    26 Milwaukee
    27 Alpine Valley
    28 Minneapolis/St.Paul
    31 Portland

SEPTEMBER
    1 Seattle
    3 Vancouver
    5 Calgary
    6 Edmonton
    9 Chicago
    10 Detroit
    11 Cleveland
    13 Indianapolis
    14 St. Louis
    16 Norman
    17 Houston
    18 Austin
    21 San Diego
    23 Los Angeles
    24 Los Angeles
    25 Irvine

average setlist:

Crazy 

Ain't Nobody but Me 

Breakfast in America 

Bloody Well Right 

It's Raining Again 

Put on Your Old Brown Shoes 

Hide in Your Shell 

Waiting So Long 

Give a Little Bit 

From Now On 

Child of Vision 

Asylum 

The Logical Song 

Goodbye Stranger 

Rudy 

Dreamer 

Don't Leave Me Now 

Fool's Overture 

e:
    School 

Crime of the Century
    2trevorsforlife

^^ So, what puzzles me is why it was announced locally as a breakup when the Pittsburgh show was cancelled, yet there were performances after that. I have to say I believed the local DJ, which could have been a mistake. But, they did cancel the day of the show.

Sounds like what happened to my friends & I in 1975. Had tickets to see Genesis in Dallas (Lamb tour) We get to the concert and there was a piece of copy paper on the front doors: "Genesis is Cancelled" The concert was never rescheduled, the tour ended & Gabriel left, never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Sounds like what happened to my friends & I in 1975. Had tickets to see Genesis in Dallas (Lamb tour) We get to the concert and there was a piece of copy paper on the front doors: "Genesis is Cancelled" The concert was never rescheduled, the tour ended & Gabriel left, never to return.
    Gabriel finished the Lamb tour in Europe as I recall, he didn't quit in the middle of the tour. The US portion of the tour was already concluded wasn't it? From Wiki:
    "The decision to quit the band was made before the tour supporting The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, with Gabriel explaining his decision to the band while keeping it from the press until the conclusion of that tour."

I have never heard they had scheduled another leg to come back to the States after Europe when they knew he was leaving.

Hodgson announced he was leaving at the end of the tour- he didn't quit in the middle of the tour.

^^ So, what puzzles me is why it was announced locally as a breakup when the Pittsburgh show was cancelled, yet there were performances after that. I have to say I believed the local DJ, which could have been a mistake. But, they did cancel the day of the show.
    Could have been a sickness in the band caused a cancellation of your date. I saw the Philly show. It was great but what a bring down when Roger said he was leaving.

Hodgson announced he was leaving at the end of the tour- he didn't quit in the middle of the tour.

no. this is a wrong statement

he announced to the band beforehand and even announced it mid-set in some cases. live!
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post

he announced to the band beforehand and even announced it mid-set in some cases. live!
    first you said i was wrong, then you stated the same thing.

One reads it as, "at the end of the tour, he announced he was leaving."

The other reads it as, "before the tour, he announced he was leaving at the end of the tour."

One reads it as, "at the end of the tour, he announced he was leaving."

The other reads it as, "before the tour, he announced he was leaving at the end of the tour."
    if you quote someone don't omit key words so you can twist it around.
    i said 'Hodgson announced he was leaving at the end of the tour'

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post

Yes, I was at the Austin show and remember this very well. Crowd booed but he said something like it was for the best or some such thing.

Don't you see how that can be read two ways?

One way, it sounds like he told them in advance that he would leave at the end of the tour.

The other was sounds like he waited until the end of the tour to announce he was leaving.

Munich was the end of the European tour. They did a US tour after that.

All I know if that we had tickets and found out the day of the show it was cancelled and they were no more. We had to return the tickets for a refund.
    This would be a good thread topic.

I showed up to see Missing Persons in 1986 and the sign on the box office said "No Show - Band Broke Up - Refunds @ Point of Purchase".

There's a few other shows where I either attended their last show, or the show was cancelled due to a breakup.

So, Missing Persons were a no-show...? Too funny!

I am quite sure he said out loud to someone somewhere sometime "hey, yeah. I am leaving Supertramp" after he actually left lol

the point was he said it privately to the band and management (and label presumably) but actually announcing it mid-show was the first time the public was notified

not that hard to comprehend
    2trevorsforlife

Saw them multiple times, twice with RH. Second time was the August 1983 show at Madison Square Garden. RH was there lol, and did ‘announce’ that he was leaving the band. I think my favorite show was actually the Brother tour - before they were employing guest singers to do bad impressions of RH. Always liked the harder edge, bluesy quality to RD stuff.