Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supertramp Reunion

Supertramp Reunion

Is not going to happen!

However, the remastered Paris concert from 1979 is fantastic.

I could not help but think what a different world it was for a quirky band like Supertramp to have the #1 album in the world
    in 1979.

A band of many multi instrumentalists moving around the stage like a game of musical chairs, at times 4 keyboardists.
    I found it interesting to see how they put this music together instrumentally and staged for concert.

Enjoy

That was a great performance, and I'm thankful to have it captured in audio and video to enjoy after the fact (seeing as I wasn't born yet in 1979 ).

Great band with great songs.

The concert video is so good I'll forgive the cruel thread title...

Quote Originally Posted by SunshipVoyager1976 View Post
    The concert video is so good I'll forgive the cruel thread title...
    Agreed on the concert video. But I'm still on the fence about the forgiveness part.

Mark me on the side of unforgiving for the click bait title..

Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

This is from the long released Paris concert that is on DVD/Blu Ray isn't it? I have the BR, and yes it is a great concert. Did you just discover this Skullhead? I don't think I've seen you post about Supertramp before . My question--how is this "remastered"? Is this somehow a better or more improved version than the Blu-ray?
    And getting hopes up re a Supertramp Reunion is kind of a cheap parlor trick.....

Was the title really necessary?

Yes, freaking fantastic CD/DVD, but it’s been out years now, and I’ve posted about it numerous times.

old news......

and after his recent battle with Cancer, Rick Davis touring days are over anyway.

Roger is touring though.

Marty Walsh recently shared a photo of himself and other 80's touring members of Supertramp with Davies at Davies's home and mentioned that they had played some music. I don't know if it will lead to shows but it was a pleasant surprise.

One of the few bands I never had a chance to see in concert. So I always enjoy this one. [emoji3][emoji106]

This video sheds some light on Rick Davies' current condition and the possibility of a Supertramp reunion (next to nil, to cut to the chase).

I don't think the OP was seriously bringing up the potential of a reunion. I think he was just trying to get people to view his "discovery".

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I don't think the OP was seriously bringing up the potential of a reunion. I think he was just trying to get people to view his "discovery".
    I believe the term you are looking for is "click-bait".
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I'm very happy that Rick seems to be feeling better now.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post

The YouTube news update was a great view!

I saw the 1979 Tour with Jean Luc Ponty backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    I believe the term you are looking for is "click-bait".
    typical

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    Yessss, quite unexpected - I had him already almost buried about 18 months ago - but I'm happy for him.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm glad Rick is doing better. But, if Roger's conditions were only to have someone else managing the band besides Rick's wife (sounds like Spinal Tap!) and separate writing credits to go to the actual writers instead of the auto-split Lennon/McCartney thing (which I did too once and also regret it) then man... life's too short to not do it because of that. All Supertramp fans want to hear Roger with Supertramp again. At least Roger is touring though and it's great. I almost played keys with him actually! I mean, it was discussed. I've never met him in person though but he liked my music. That's cool. I also knew Mark Hart from his Crowded House days (I did sampling and keyboard programming for him). Roger WITH Mark would actually be awesome. Oh well... although I'm still holding out hope for it.

this popped up in my YT suggestions

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by EdWiser View Post
    One of the few bands I never had a chance to see in concert.
    I came as close as one could get. They broke up the day I was supposed to see them.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by EdWiser View Post
    One of the few bands I never had a chance to see in concert. So I always enjoy this one. [emoji3][emoji106]
    Go see Roger solo... fantastic live. He only plays 3 solo tunes if I remember correctly the rest of the set list is Supertramp. His band is top notch and his voice is truly as good as ever.

I was going to see them (late 90's I think) at the Royal Albert Hall but a short notice business trip put paid to that. I did however see them back in 1972 or so, however I have very little recollection of the gig, all that I can recall was a drum solo were the drummer got up from behind his kit and used the stage floor. He then jumped off the stage and drummed using the hall floor moving around the audience. Or perhaps I dreamed it.

Seeing Hodgson next year at the RAH.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I came as close as one could get. They broke up the day I was supposed to see them.
    Did they actually break up in the middle of a tour? I was under the impression that Hodgson agreed to do the Famous Last Words tour before leaving.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Did they actually break up in the middle of a tour? I was under the impression that Hodgson agreed to do the Famous Last Words tour before leaving.
    I lived it, bro. Hodgson quit in the middle of the tour.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I just saw Hodgson two nights in a row this past month and the shows were fantastic. He's in great voice and you hear pretty much all the signature Hodgson Supertramp tunes. Highlights were hearing his best solo tune Had a Dream (Sleeping With the Enemy), A SoapBox Opera!, Hide in Your Shell, Quietest Moments and of course Fools Overture, which was very cool to hear live. His backing band was very good, especially the guy playing the reed instruments and singing Davies' parts on a few of the tunes. It's frustrating to not hear the RD tunes, but it's a great show. I think he only played 2 American cities on the tour this year, 4! shows in Milwaukee and 2 sellouts in St Louis, which is interesting.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 12-02-2018 at 06:28 PM.