Thread: New music from Hawklords

New music from Hawklords

'Brave New World’, coming out 10/26/18, is part two of a trilogy of new releases that are concerned with War, Peace, Love.
    Jerry Richards (guitar and vocals): “You can’t have one of these themes without the others; the War cannot be won without the Peace that follows, and Love cannot flourish without Peace. All are contingent upon the other and all find their own expression as a symptom of the rest. These are themes which The Hawklords are keen to explore as humanity, once again, faces another ‘Brave New World’ era.”

HARVEY BAINBRIDGE: Synthesizer, FX & Vocals - original member of Hawklords 1978 line-up and long serving member and writer with Hawkwind 1977 - 1993 and respected solo artist.
    JERRY RICHARDS: Guitar & Vocals - veteran of the UK free festival scene of the 1980's. Lead guitarist, writer and producer with Hawkwind, 1996 to 2001.
    DAVE PEARCE: Drums - from the renowned British psych-rock band The Bevis Frond.
    TOM ASHURST: Bass, FX & Vocals - rising star from the British festival circuit and newest member of the band.

Last edited by Dan Roth; 09-22-2018 at 02:26 PM.

I'll give it a chance, but the first thing that went through my head when I saw the thread title was, "How do you have a Hawklords without Robert Calvert?"

What he said

Hawklords guitarist and vocalist, Jerry Richards, said, "It's ten years since we first got together in Herne Bay, Kent, for a benefit concert for Jill Calvert, widow of the late Robert Calvert, writer, vocalist and performance poet for Hawkwind. Robert wrote the lyric for their hit single 'Silver Machine' and many of their most important and popular songs from the 1970s. We will be promoting our seventh studio album, 'Brave New World' with a full UK tour in October. So, we will be celebrating 10 years of The Hawklords and forty years since the release of the original Hawklords album '25 Years On'. 2018 is also the 30th anniversary of Robert's untimely death in 1988. There's a lot going on for the band…"

In the 1980s they called that the "New Math."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    In the 1980s they called that the "New Math."
    Indeed. I always thought The New Math would have made a good album title. Maybe a band called "The New Mathematicians" . ...?

Sorry.

Have a couple of their "return" albums and they are solid stuff. Also saw them live on tour with the Bevis Frond some years ago and they killed on stage. Ron Tree was a perfect frontman...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Didn't they have some more Hawkwind guys in the fold before?

Ron Tree was with them, and I seem to remember that at least Adrian Shaw and Steven Swindell
    where there too.

Harvey Bainbridge is a pillar in the band, but it's really Richards and Tree's project. Ade Shaw was on the first four albums or so. As the OP said, the band started with a benefit concert for Jill Calvert, which btw is a very cool DVD. This is the Hawklords 7th album in about as many of years, plus at least two DVDs I can think of. Not a whole lot of new ideas, but that's the way Hawk bands roll, isn't it? Anyway, hell of a lot more legit than Nik Turner's work with Hedersleben.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Anyway, hell of a lot more legit than Nik Turner's work with Hedersleben.
    True.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS