Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eddie Jobson "1971-1979 The Band Years" 2CD set (Globe) 10/26/2018

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Jobson has said that Legacy (in the solo album form with Aaron Lippert replacing Wetton on vocals) was basically finished and just needs assembling, and of course three short tracks were released on Voices of Life. But he's also talked about rights issues and unhappiness with sonic choices made then that he wouldn't make now. To be frank, I do not understand why he doesn't just release Legacy, but then many decisions Jobson makes baffle me. Legacy began in 1995, with a chunk of recording work in 1999, when it was still to be a UK album, I think, and then some work later... so which decade does it fall into?
    I would have hoped that in the light of Wetton's passing, he would assemble the album with his performances on it but you never know.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    The Band Years had a lot of material that you'd've thought anyone interested in buying it already had
    3, or at most 5 of the 21 tracks are of interest because I don't already have them, but the description of the set includes "digitally remastered", words that might frighten away anyone who's spent money on some of Jobson's other releases in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    I would have hoped that in the light of Wetton's passing, he would assemble the album with his performances on it but you never know.
    Wasn't he in some legal battle with Wetton's estate? I would suspect/imagine that if that's still a thing, he's actually more likely to NOT touch that stuff.

But I'm mostly in Henry's camp...when it comes to EJ it's hard to say what will happen and when, and it's likely it'll be perhaps a tad "say what now?" when it does finally happen.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

In all intents and purposes Eddie always seemed eccentric. What’s in the vaults may never see the light of day because he’s not happy with it or for some legality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    With Jobson embroiled in a lawsuit with Wetton's estate, I don't see him trying to release anything that would include Wetton on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    With Jobson embroiled in a lawsuit with Wetton's estate, I don't see him trying to release anything that would include Wetton on it.
    In fact, he may be legally constrained from doing so, even if he wanted to.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    3, or at most 5 of the 21 tracks are of interest because I don't already have them, but the description of the set includes "digitally remastered", words that might frighten away anyone who's spent money on some of Jobson's other releases in the past decade.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    In all intents and purposes Eddie always seemed eccentric. What’s in the vaults may never see the light of day because he’s not happy with it or for some legality.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Wasn't he in some legal battle with Wetton's estate? I would suspect/imagine that if that's still a thing, he's actually more likely to NOT touch that stuff.

But I'm mostly in Henry's camp...when it comes to EJ it's hard to say what will happen and when, and it's likely it'll be perhaps a tad "say what now?" when it does finally happen.
    Indeed.

But I still love the music. :-) I've given up worrying about Jobson's eccentricities. There's nothing we can do about them, and he's not going to change now.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/