Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Jobson "1971-1979 The Band Years" 2CD set (Globe) 10/26/2018

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    for 2010s maybe something from the jobson bonilla tribute shows for wetton don't think anything has been released from those right?
    punctuation what is it

If a CD of some live Jobson & Bonilla recordings was released, I'd buy it without hesitation. The show I went to was fantastic. I might hesitate if I found out that Jobson was in charge of engineering/mixing & what-not, but I'd end up buying it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    punctuation what is it

Something even more outdated and uncool than the music we love.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    for 2010s maybe something from the jobson bonilla tribute shows for wetton don't think anything has been released from those right?
    I would buy this even without punctuation. Not sure why Eddie hasn't exploited that tour with a nice release. I saw there's one on sale in Japan but it's a bootleg CDR. The sample sounded like shit.

I would also buy the 2 disc set of "Night After Night" that came in the box set.

We're long past the point of expecting Jobson to make sensible decisions about releases! There's a good Jobson/Bonilla recording on Dimeadozen. The UK boxed set was not well put together, but I just thought, f*** it, UK bootlegs have brought me so much joy, I'll just pay whatever the cost is in compensation for all those boots I downloaded.

I'll buy this release, unless it's ridiculously priced, and I'll pray the next few appear and have good selections.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    We're long past the point of expecting Jobson to make sensible decisions about releases! There's a good Jobson/Bonilla recording on Dimeadozen. The UK boxed set was not well put together, but I just thought, f*** it, UK bootlegs have brought me so much joy, I'll just pay whatever the cost is in compensation for all those boots I downloaded.

I'll buy this release, unless it's ridiculously priced, and I'll pray the next few appear and have good selections.

Henry
    This one?
    Eddie Jobson Band, 21 08 2011
    headliner at Zappanale #22, Galopprennbahn Bad Doberan, Germany

Setlist

01 Intro 5.22 *** cuts in
    02 Caesar´s Palace Blues 4.33
    03 Eddie talks about his time with Zappa 2.25
    04 Caesar´s Palace Blues (2nd try) 4.16
    05 In the Dead of Night 13.36
    a) In the Dead of Night
    b) By the Light of Day
    c) Presto vivace and Reprise
    06 "Läther" Preamble 2.41
    07 I promise not to come in your mouth/Läther (Zappa) 3.39
    08 Carrying no Cross 13.50
    09 Nevermore 8.22
    10 Drum Solo 10.50
    11 Alaska 4.51
    12 City of tiny Lights (Zappa) 9.13
    13 Inca Roads (Zappa) 9.31
    14 The only thing she needs 8.30
    15 encore break 2.22
    16 Red (King Crimson) 6.01
    17 Muffin Man (Zappa) 7.10
    18 Purple Lagoon Outro (Zappa) 0.49

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I suspect this one. Sounds good.
    DDIE JOBSON & MARC BONILLA
    Boerderij, Zoetermeer
    2017-04-26

bnz recording: at831 > SP-SPSB-11 > Edirol R05 > Mastering > FLAC

Eddie Jobson: keyboards, violin
    Marc Bonilla: acoustic guitar, vocals

CD1:
    1. Eddit Jobson talks
    2. Trilogy
    3. Starless
    4. Rendezvous 6:02
    5. In The Dead Of Night
    6. By The Light Of Day

CD2:
    1. Nostalgia
    2. Violin Solo
    3. Piano Medley
    (incl. The Barbarian / Take A Pebble / Metamorphosis / Jeremy Bender)
    4. Bitches Crystal
    5. Fallen Angel
    6. Marc Bonilla talks
    7. A Place To Hide
    8. From The Beginning
    9. Carrying No Cross
    10. Lucky Man

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    This one?
    Eddie Jobson Band, 21 08 2011
    headliner at Zappanale #22, Galopprennbahn Bad Doberan, Germany
    No, and I can't see that one on Dime at present. As rickawakeman said, there's the Zoetermeer show. There's also a Virginia show.

Henry

In rock music, I find it rare for a keyboard player to have a distinctive sound. The rig that get's used is the primary voice, and the player's nuances don't come through as well as they do with a guitarist, bassist, or percussionist. I know keyboard players will probably shoot me for this heresy, but it's just my opinion. That said, I find Jobson's playing to be very distinctive. I find him to be up there with Emerson, Banks, Dave Stewart, Wakeman, and Lord. It's really a shame that he has such a hard time staying in bands or releasing solo material. I would think that a keyboardist of his gifts would have been a LOT more successful.

I was really hoping for something special from him after Green. Didn't a lot of the Pink stuff end up on Theme of Secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post

I was really hoping for something special from him after Green. Didn't a lot of the Pink stuff end up on Theme of Secrets?
    I was too. I fell in love with the Green Album and was eagerly awaiting its follow up. Theme of Secrets was another affair completely. It was one of the first releases on Peter Baumann’s new record label and it was entirely performed on the synclavier. Very different from Green - almost new-agey. It is my understanding that this was totally separate from his Pink Sessions.

+1 on Green Album. I loved it back when it came out. I thought the "sound" was wonderful; it could have been a template for prog in the 80s. I kept waiting for a follow up...

But I kind of see why it fell by the wayside pretty quickly. The songs weren't distinctive enough to get radio play, and Eddie's voice isn't exactly radio-ready either. I read an interview with Eddie where said something like that he joined Yes after hearing 90125 and realizing how much more potential that had, relative to his solo album.

Maybe the 80s set will be a enhanced cd with a video of owner of a lonely heart on it where you can see him for a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Theme of Secrets was another affair completely. It was one of the first releases on Peter Baumann’s new record label and it was entirely performed on the synclavier. Very different from Green - almost new-agey. .
    I bought it upon release, and it was marketed as New Age. I wasn't that into the style, but was a fan of Eddie, so...

New age for sure. I also bought and enjoyed a few of Patrick O'Hearn's albums from that time, as well as Jerry Goodman (both on that same Private Music label).

Here's a little side note from Progstock. Eddie is selling this set here at the merch tables. Asking $20.....$10 if you are a Prog-ducer (gold ticket holder) and the CD makes you a Zelot for the weekend and admission to the after show party. I don't really know what that means but I'll probably get the cd signed.......Thought it kinda neat he discounted the cd in support of the scene.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Note from Eddie on The Zealots Lounge:

Welcome to the rebuilt Zealots Lounge. The site is once again closed to the general public and available only to short-term and lifetime Lounge members. The new Lounge will also now work on mobile devices such as iPads and iPhones. Over time, we will add more videos, as well as music files and exclusive downloads. Going forward, the store will only be used for virtual (non-physical) products; presently we are offering the “Entourage” Z-Funder package – an opportunity to spend time with me over the ProgStock weekend, attending the rehearsals, soundcheck and more. Physical products, such as CDs, will be available in the coming months from an online store hosted by Burning Shed in London. Lastly, I have decided to open a new Zealots-only forum; hopefully, we can reconnect our Zealots’ community from around the world. Once again, welcome back to the Lounge.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/1971-1979-Ban...bqL9b4EUYEZqSw

Not sure if I'll be buying this. The bolded lines are the only thing's I'd be getting that I don't already have in some form.

Two CD collection. 1971-1979 The Band Years is the first of five planned compilation albums, one for each decade of Eddie Jobson's outstanding career as an award-winning composer and internationally acclaimed keyboardist and electric violinist. This first double-CD release features tracks from Jobson's band years in the '70s, including his work as a member of Curved Air, Roxy Music, Frank Zappa's band and UK, the progressive-rock supergroup he co-founded in 1977 with John Wetton, Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford. Classic tracks include Curved Air's "Metamorphosis," written by Jobson at the age of 17; Roxy Music's "Out of the Blue;" and UK's "In The Dead of Night." Presented in a 6-panel digipack with an 8-page booklet featuring personal stories for each track.

Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. Spanish Dream (Live Synthesizer Solo from 1971 - Age 16)
    2. Metamorphosis (Curved Air Album "Air Cut')
    3. Armin (Curved Air Album "Air Cut')
    4. On a Still Night (Eddie Jobson - Early Solo Recording) (Simon Phillips on Drums)
    5. Yesterday Boulevard (Eddie Jobson - Early Solo Recording)
    6. As the World Turns (Bryan Ferry - Non-Album Track) (Robert Fripp on Guitar)
    7. She Sells (Roxy Music Album "Siren")
    8. A Song for Europe (Roxy Music Album "Stranded")
    9. Out of the Blue (Roxy Music Album "Country Life")
    10. Läther (Frank Zappa - Live Recording)
    11. In the Dead of Night (UK Album "U.K.")
    12. By the Light of Day (UK Album "U.K.")
    13. Presto Vivace & Reprise (UK Album "U.K.")

Disc: 2
    1. Alaska (UK Album "U.K.")
    2. Time to Kill (UK Album "U.K.")
    3. Nevermore (UK Album "U.K.")
    4. Danger Money (UK Album "Danger Money")
    5. The Only Thing She Needs (UK Album "Danger Money")
    6. Rendezvous 6:02 (UK Album "Danger Money")
    7. Caesar's Palace Blues (UK Album "Danger Money")
    8. Carrying No Cross (UK Album "Danger Money")

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/1971-1979-Ban...bqL9b4EUYEZqSw

Not sure if I'll be buying this. The bolded lines are the only thing's I'd be getting that I don't already have in some form.

Two CD collection. 1971-1979 The Band Years is the first of five planned compilation albums, one for each decade of Eddie Jobson's outstanding career as an award-winning composer and internationally acclaimed keyboardist and electric violinist. This first double-CD release features tracks from Jobson's band years in the '70s, including his work as a member of Curved Air, Roxy Music, Frank Zappa's band and UK, the progressive-rock supergroup he co-founded in 1977 with John Wetton, Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford. Classic tracks include Curved Air's "Metamorphosis," written by Jobson at the age of 17; Roxy Music's "Out of the Blue;" and UK's "In The Dead of Night." Presented in a 6-panel digipack with an 8-page booklet featuring personal stories for each track.

Track Listings
    Disc: 1
    1. Spanish Dream (Live Synthesizer Solo from 1971 - Age 16)
    2. Metamorphosis (Curved Air Album "Air Cut')
    3. Armin (Curved Air Album "Air Cut')
    4. On a Still Night (Eddie Jobson - Early Solo Recording) (Simon Phillips on Drums)
    5. Yesterday Boulevard (Eddie Jobson - Early Solo Recording)
    6. As the World Turns (Bryan Ferry - Non-Album Track) (Robert Fripp on Guitar)
    7. She Sells (Roxy Music Album "Siren")
    8. A Song for Europe (Roxy Music Album "Stranded")
    9. Out of the Blue (Roxy Music Album "Country Life")
    10. Läther (Frank Zappa - Live Recording)
    11. In the Dead of Night (UK Album "U.K.")
    12. By the Light of Day (UK Album "U.K.")
    13. Presto Vivace & Reprise (UK Album "U.K.")

Disc: 2
    1. Alaska (UK Album "U.K.")
    2. Time to Kill (UK Album "U.K.")
    3. Nevermore (UK Album "U.K.")
    4. Danger Money (UK Album "Danger Money")
    5. The Only Thing She Needs (UK Album "Danger Money")
    6. Rendezvous 6:02 (UK Album "Danger Money")
    7. Caesar's Palace Blues (UK Album "Danger Money")
    8. Carrying No Cross (UK Album "Danger Money")
    I understand but for 5 tracks and the ability to support the artist, Im in

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I understand but for 5 tracks and the ability to support the artist, Im in
    I'd like to but it's currently at over £34 on UK Amazon! Compare, say, the Harmony in Diversity release, which is 6 CDs and out for £15 (including postage).

Henry

I'd like to but it's currently at over £34 on UK Amazon! Compare, say, the Harmony in Diversity release, which is 6 CDs and out for £15 (including postage).

Henry
    I try not to buy from the Walmart of the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I try not to buy from the Walmart of the Internet.
    If you can provide me with a list of UK stockists, that would be great.

Henry

If you can provide me with a list of UK stockists, that would be great.

Henry
    Burning Shed

^ Not listed yet. I will await a listing and see what the price is.

Henry

Henry
    Woah; I was interested in this, not having any Jobson stuff except the RM tracks, but at that price...

^ Not listed yet. I will await a listing and see what the price is.

Henry
    https://burningshed.com/store/eddiej...band-years_2cd