Thread: UK - Reunion - Live In Tokyo DVD (2011)

UK - Reunion - Live In Tokyo DVD (2011)

I watched this DVD several years ago and I recently viewed it again. On first view, it didn't register with me that the drummer in this incarnation of the group was Marco Minnemann. His performance (and that of the others) was really impressive.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Nice! Drumming is excellent.

I should order this but I've heard the crowd noise is brutal....

btw if you like Marco Minnemann's drumming, he is on the new Dave Kerzner project In Continuum.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 09-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Marco is awesome and has excellent taste in collaborators...Mike Keneally, Alex Machacek. Trey Gunn, Tony Levin, Brian Beller, Guthrie Govan and many others.

There are definite sound issues with this but I still treasure it, especially as a momento of the last Nearfest show they did which I saw in 2012, which is where I bought the DVD. In retrospect should have bought multiple copies--this is OOP so hard to find at a decent price.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 09-23-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    Marco is awesome and has excellent taste in collaborators...Mike Keneally, Alex Machacek. Trey Gunn, Tony Levin, Brian Beller, Guthrie Govan and many others.
    Did he really collaborate with Gunn? Gunn added music to Marco’s drum solo thing. It’s good and works as a piece of music, but my understanding was that anyone could do whatever they wanted with the piece.

Both were in that UKZ EP, too. (Missed opportunity there. That band could’ve done so much more.)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    The high end on this DVD kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    The high end on this DVD kills me.
    I've been trying to trade for this DVD. I made what I thought was a very generous offer on the trade list forum, but no takers yet.

I regret not buying this when it was available. There are a number of tracks on YouTube at least. I actually prefer Marcos playing to what Bozzio did on the reunion tour. He's so clearly not into being part of a band anymore.

On a slightly related note, did the price of the 4 Decades of Eddie Jobson DVD that was released only in Japan come down to a reasonable level anywhere? It’s still $70+ on Amazon

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Did he really collaborate with Gunn?
    He was on the 2009 tour that had Phillips and Minnemann on drums and Greg Howe on guitar.