Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: PRoPoRTIoNS Reboot

  1. #1

    PRoPoRTIoNS Reboot

    Hi all,

    Just an update about shipping pricing for our new album, Reboot. It turns out that to lower shipping costs to outside the US, if we ship the disc and artwork alone, it can go as a different type of shipment, a non-rigid envelope containing documents. So we are continuing the direct from the band sales for a little longer.

    Our album is now available! 🎶🎶🎶
    Paypal 10.00 USD + postage to andykub@gmail.com. Postage is an additional:
    3.50 for domestic US
    10.00 for Canada
    14.00 for most other countries
    3.50 for most countries with disc and artwork only, no jewel case and no tracking.

    Here is a short teaser video I hope you'll enjoy:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMbadJa5Fs

  2. #2


    Nice vid!



    Fans of the instrumental side of Gentle Giant should check this out!

  3. #3
    Really enjoying this disc so far! It's got plenty of good melodies, interesting chord changes, and a surprisingly amount of variety from one track to the next. This is one I'll be listening to for a while yet. Kudos!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Really enjoying this disc so far! It's got plenty of good melodies, interesting chord changes, and a surprisingly amount of variety from one track to the next. This is one I'll be listening to for a while yet. Kudos!
    Thanks so very much! We are glad when our music can cause an endorphin release! I'll be posting a preview track for the next one when ready

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    http://xymphonia.aafm.nl/ (Album of the month!)
    Wow! I am really honored. I didn't see an English version on the page, but album of the month is really quite enough for now! Thanks Rene!

    Andy

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    http://xymphonia.aafm.nl/ (Album of the month!)
    Awesome! Congrats!

  8. #8
    Thank you!!


  9. #9
    Member Steve F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fluffy Cloud
    Posts
    4,225
    Steve F.

    www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

    "Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

    please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

  10. #10
    Somehow I missed the new CD After All These Years, released in June 2021:



    Haven't found a physical CD to order yet, maybe only direct from the band.

  11. #11
    ^ I completely missed that as well. Thanks for the heads up!

  12. #12
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,361
    Aargh!...Like I need to be buying more music! C'mon guys!

    No way I don't buy this. Guess I need to check out an earlier release as well.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Lac Beauport, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    1
    Hi. You can get a physical CD at the studio website www.studioonreflexion.com/credits Thanks from Proportions!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio ON|REFLEXION View Post
    Hi. You can get a physical CD at the studio website www.studioonreflexion.com/credits Thanks from Proportions!
    Awesome, I just bought it! Thanks.

    Out of curiosity, is your 2018 album Reboot also available on CD? (I have Visions from a Distant Past).

    Bill

  15. #15
    Hi all!

    It's so nice to see the interest in our music! Sorry, I was out of town for a bit, but I see that Denis has answered the question. It was due officially to come out Sept 15, but the cat is out of the bag now, at least here on PE. In the past, I handled the distribution of physical CDs, but this year, Denis gave me a break and took on that task.

    Sorry Bill, we have sold out Reboot. Available for download only. I do have copies of Visions From a Distant Past, and it's available from several resellers of Prog music.

    Cheers!

  16. #16
    I just saw this on Syn-Phonic, it might be available there Bill:

    http://synphonicmusic.com/country/usa.html

    Please let me know if you find it!

    Good luck!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyyyy View Post
    I just saw this on Syn-Phonic, it might be available there Bill:

    http://synphonicmusic.com/country/usa.html

    Please let me know if you find it!

    Good luck!
    Yeah, CD-R. I don't really buy those. I'll consider the download.

    Thanks,

    Bill

  18. #18
    The new CD arrived today from Canada. Wonderful stuff for over one hour. Such a warm, gentle sound. Yes, you still hear some Gentle Giant-influences, but the arrangements a lot more symphonic, while some of the guitar-parts are played in the same vein as Steve Hackett. With Glenn Liljeblad PRoPoRTIoNS has three guitarists b.t.w.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    The new CD arrived today from Canada. Wonderful stuff for over one hour. Such a warm, gentle sound. Yes, you still hear some Gentle Giant-influences, but the arrangements a lot more symphonic, while some of the guitar-parts are played in the same vein as Steve Hackett. With Glenn Liljeblad PRoPoRTIoNS has three guitarists b.t.w.
    Mine arrived today, it's in the queue. Looking forward to it!

  20. #20
    The fourth track, Fading Away, is gorgeous. It's probably sung by one of the daughters of Gentle Giant-expert Dan Bornemark (Signe or Hjördis), who was also one of the musicians on the Gentle Giant-tribute A Reflection from 2008. That album also features members of Proportions (full circle...).

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    The fourth track, Fading Away, is gorgeous. It's probably sung by one of the daughters of Gentle Giant-expert Dan Bornemark (Signe or Hjördis), who was also one of the musicians on the Gentle Giant-tribute A Reflection from 2008. That album also features members of Proportions (full circle...).
    Hey Rene! Sorry I missed this earlier. You are half correct, both Dan's daughters sang on this! Voices of angels, eh?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyyyy View Post
    Hey Rene! Sorry I missed this earlier. You are half correct, both Dan's daughters sang on this! Voices of angels, eh?
    Thanks Andy. The liner-notes in the digipack weren't specific on what the guest-musicians did on which song, but I noticed the Bandcamp gives you all that information.

    BOYS IN THE BAND
    Andy Kubicki (USA) - Bass, keyboards and orchestration
    Tomas Stark (Sweden) - Keyboards, vocals, acoustic and electric guitars
    Lennart Ståhle (Sweden) - Keyboards, guitars, flûte, upright bass
    Denis Boucher (Canada) - Drums and percussion
    Glenn Liljeblad (USA) - Electric guitar

    SPECIAL GUESTS
    Toby Trott (USA) - Vocals on The Confession
    John Eyre (UK) - Vocals on Birth
    Signe Bornemark (Sweden) - Vocals on Fading Away
    Hjordis Bornemark (Sweden) - Vocals on Fading Away
    Stefan Kubicki (USA) - Electric guitar on QuBix Cube and La Froi
    Pierre Bordeleau (Canada) - Narration on The Confession
    Sandy Kubicki (USA) - Back vocals on After All These Years

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •