I'm thrilled to announce the start of a new Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for Cloud Arrangers, a new book of music photography by my good friend, photo artist Žiga Koritnik.

Full disclosure: I wrote the intro to the book, but was honoured to have been asked to do so, and am in truly esteemed company, with Joëlle Léandre, Ken Vandermark, Joe McPhee and Mats Gustafsson also contributing texts to Cloud Arrangers.

Žiga is truly a photographer like no other; he sees things, sometimes in the most mundane of circumstances, that most of us do not, and is further able to share his distinctive vision with everyone through his profoundly astute imagery and storytelling skill, transporting viewers to unexpected, inevitably revelatory places.

I've written a press release that was published late yesterday, and I'd encourage everyone to check it out, and follow it to the Kickstarter page, where there's even more info. I can say, without hesitation, that I've never seen a book of music imagery that capture artists as Źiga has, and strongly encourage anyone who has an interest in photo journalism (and, even, those who thought they didn't until they've seen his work) to support the campaign so that the book, years in the making, can finally be published.

There is nobody like Žiga, who works almost exclusively in the black and white domain. Please check out the press release here, and support this important contribution to the canon of definitive photo journalism.