Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubu - El Eco Del Sol 2018

Bubu - El Eco Del Sol 2018

It might have taken 40 years, but the legendary, Argentinian band Bubu is finally releasing a second LP called El Eco Del Sol.

You can find it here https://viajeroinmovilrecords.bandca...o-del-sol-2018

This sounds very promising on first listen, symphonic prog of the highest caliber, with some avant-prog edges.

There is also a CD available somewhere, my friend has emailed the band to acquire it. I will let you know for the details as soon as they are available.

Great news!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

So glad they followed up the 3-song EP from 2016 with this full album (note that the EP has three of the tracks on the new album, though one is a somewhat different version).

I think that fans of their original album will really dig this one - a great effort and in a similar vein as Anabelas. I hear occasional touches of Änglagård which is never a bad thing. Come to think of it, perhaps Anabelas was an influence for Änglagård?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    It might have taken 40 years, but the legendary, Argentinian band Bubu is finally releasing a second LP called El Eco Del Sol.

You can find it here https://viajeroinmovilrecords.bandca...o-del-sol-2018

This sounds very promising on first listen, symphonic prog of the highest caliber, with some avant-prog edges.

There is also a CD available somewhere, my friend has emailed the band to acquire it. I will let you know for the details as soon as they are available.
    I'd be grateful for any information on ordering a CD. I already bought the download on Bandcamp, but would also get the CD unless shipping (to the UK) is insane.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I'd be grateful for any information on ordering a CD. I already bought the download on Bandcamp, but would also get the CD unless shipping (to the UK) is insane.
    http://www.viajeroinmovil.com/en/home - the link is on the bandcamp page.

Thanks for the heads up!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I guess no vinyl release of this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I mean, you can only hope.

Actually on a serious note, I don't think that label has released anything on vinyl now that I think about it.

Banned
    Amazing! The old folks keep coming out of the wordwork when I least expect it. Another auto-buy. If you see this Steve please let me know if you plan to stock it. I'm trying to resist that damn Reichel box but I don't know how much longer I can hold out ;-)

Fuck it! The brats can pay for their own college..

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    And if there is, I'll just betcha there's no poster or even sticker inside the jacket!

FWIW, I think it's quite amazing that Andreoli even attempts to release another work. The original Bubu was as much a performance ensemble (choreography included) as wa musical group (or small orchestra), With Andreoli's role mainly being that of composer and some piano. AFAIK, he mostly worked as a music teacher and made the odd ditty for theatre and television after Bubu, there was no more "rock" on his part.

Great news either way! I'll buy the cassette.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    http://www.viajeroinmovil.com/en/home - the link is on the bandcamp page.
    Thanks - I missed that. The label makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'll buy the cassette.
    I'm holding out for the 8-track

but seriously... this album sounds just as good as Anabelas upon first listen
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Thanks - I missed that. The label makes sense.
    Yes, we ordered the cd there. Quilmes delivers!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Amazing! The old folks keep coming out of the wordwork when I least expect it.
    Who said Prog-Rock is dead? It just got older!

Great stuff.. Thanks for sharing..
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    All joking aside...will Wayside be carrying this (the CD) at some point? I am always happy to order direct but I am also happy to "play favorites" as it were...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    All joking aside...will Wayside be carrying this (the CD) at some point? I am always happy to order direct but I am also happy to "play favorites" as it were...
    Also curious about this, I'll get it domestically if I can.

Bill

currently listening to the album

Am I alone in thinking that the first three tracks are noisy in the neo-prog whining sense?? and that it's recorded at loud volume

It gets better after that, but I'm wondering about the production... or is it because I'm listening to bandcamp via small earplugs (seinnheiser, though)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I've ordered them and I know the guy who runs the label who is a totally nice feller - he's a professional and they should be here soon-ish.

But not on vinyl.....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Peachy
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Peachy!

Banned
    Peachy Keen!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    With Andreoli's role mainly being that of composer and some piano.
    Bass.

But it turned out that the bass parts he had written on Anabelas were too hard for him to play, so he had to get a more virtuosic guy to actually perform them. On El Eco Del Sol, though, he does play bass, so maybe he figured out how to simplify his own part, or simply got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Bass.

But it turned out that the bass parts he had written on Anabelas were too hard for him to play, so he had to get a more virtuosic guy to actually perform them. On El Eco Del Sol, though, he does play bass, so maybe he figured out how to simplify his own part, or simply got better.
    He's pretty good in Eco del Sol, there are parts where he stands out