Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUN news !!!

DUN news !!!

For those who might be around NANTES (France) on September 30th, DUN (whose album "Eros" is widely considered as a must in the prog/zeuhl genre) will reunite for a unique live event !! ....

Christ, please just tell me they aren't going out as "YES FEATURING DUN"
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

DUN = YES

^ ^ ^

would be happy to hear a report from someone / anyone.....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    For the love of all that is good and great can someone please record this!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Will ask.....

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    going out as "YES FEATURING DUN"
    That's very, very mean of you, John. Such a drag for a complete monster band like Yes to be burdened with some obscure non-Angloamerican dud allegedly named "Dun" to open for them.

Who calls their band "Dun"? Haw-haw. Next you'll have some dude named Scott Walker opening for Steven Wilson, hoy-hoy.
    Last edited by Scrotum Scissor; 09-07-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Pleeeaaase! I wan't more Dün!!!!!

Alain, can I send my mother (who lives in Nantes) to film/record it??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Banned
    Nice. Is this event unique as in a one-off? Nothing else in the works?

Shit, I would gladly have made the trip to see this, but I have tickets to that Zappa thing at the Philharmonie in Paris on the same day...
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I mastered that album twice and know it so well yet My expectations are not that high
    40 years ...

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Shit, I would gladly have made the trip to see this, but I have tickets to that Zappa thing at the Philharmonie in Paris on the same day...
    I would leave Zappa behind and go. There will be plenty of Zappa events in the future. DUN? Maybe never again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Alain, can I send my mother (who lives in Nantes) to film/record it??
    Yes you can - just got the reply from J. Geeraerts (Dun guitar player).
    He added that the show will be officially filmed + recorded. No further details. Anymay, your mother is welsome :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post
    He added that the show will be officially filmed + recorded. No further details. Anymay, your mother is welsome :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post

mmmmhhh!!!...

****Embarrased cough****

I was only kidding about my mom...

She's over 80 and who totally hate Dün, and, despite loving classical music, she's really conservative...

She'd probably approve more Dearth Metal, gangsta rap or hardcore punk than she would of Dün
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

For those who can understand french, a message from Jean GEERAERTS (DUN guitar player) :

Bonjour les amis,
    C'est une histoire assez incroyable et improbable.
    Le groupe DÜN fondé en 1977 a donné en septembre 1978 l'un de ses concert à La Fleuriaye de Carquefou.
    Les organisateurs actuels nous ont proposé de fêter cet anniversaire en donnant un concert le dimanche 30 septembre prochain à partir de 16h au coté de deux autres groupes dont un, Philippe Menard trio était aussi présent en 1978 et le groupe NORWICK.
    Ce qui est improbablec'est de faire jouer 6 musiciens 40 ans plus tard. Pascal Vandenbulke flute & composition, Alain Termolle percussions vibraphone, Bruno Sabathé claviers, Thierry Tranchant basse, Laurent Bertaud batterie, et votre serviteur à la guitare & composition. Les 6 musiciens ont connu des carrières différentes mais quand ce projet nous a été proposé, aucun ne s'est défilé...pas pour se regarder le nombril mais simplement parce que cette musique nous colle encore au cœur et à la peau.
    Ce qui est incroyablec'est que cela fait 40 ans que nous n'avons plus joué ensemble et que nous sommes encore en pleine forme et très motivés pour donner ce concert anniversaire.
    La musique de DÜN est rebelle et anti système. Ni jazz, ni rock ni musique contemporaine mais en partie inspirée de ces trois genres. Tout est écrit et fait pour ne jamais caresser dans le sens du poil, tout un programme ! Ce groupe a connu un certain succès mais sa musique résonne encore à l'international auprès de fans qui s'arrachent le vinyle dans divers pays, Canada, Japon, USA etc. Si vous voulez en savoir un peu plus, rendez-vous sur mon site improvisation-musique.fr à la page « la musique de Jean Geeraerts », le groupe DÜN.
    A faire suivre à vos amis mélomanes
    Mieux vaut réserver ! 02 28 222 222

Google translate is your friend!

"Hello friends,
    It's a pretty incredible and improbable story. The group DÜN founded in 1977 gave in September 1978 one of his concerts at La Fleuriaye de Carquefou.
    The current organizers have offered to celebrate this anniversary by giving a concert on Sunday, September 30 from 16h alongside two other groups including one, Philippe Menard trio was also present in 1978 and the group NORWICK. What is improbable is to play 6 musicians 40 years later. Pascal Vandenbulke flute & composition, Alain Termolle vibraphone percussion, Bruno Sabathé keyboards, Thierry Tranchant bass, Laurent Bertaud drums, and your servant on guitar & composition. The 6 musicians have had different careers, but when this project was proposed to us, none of them went away ... not to look at the navel but simply because this music still sticks to our heart and skin.

What is unbelievable is that we have not played together for 40 years and we are still in good shape and highly motivated to give this anniversary concert.
    DUN's music is rebellious and anti system. Neither jazz, rock nor contemporary music but partly inspired by these three genres. Everything is written and done to never caress in the direction of the hair, a whole program! This group has had some success, but its music still resonates internationally with fans who are selling vinyl in various countries, Canada, Japan, USA etc. If you want to know a little more, go to my site improvisation-musique.fr on the page "the music of Jean Geeraerts", the group DÜN. To forward to your friends music lovers
    Better to book! 02 28 222 222"

Very, very nice! Thanks so much for posting!

Great videos! Thanks for sharing

I'm here hoping they'll go more sympho this time.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Tankx!.
    Really appreciate it!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'm here hoping they'll go more sympho this time.
    We can only hope.