Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soleil Zeuhl news

Well, Vak is well on the way to figure in my top 5 of the year.

TBH, after the superb 03, I'm kind of disappointed by Scherzoo's 04
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Well, Vak is well on the way to figure in my top 5 of the year.

TBH, after the superb 03, I'm kind of disappointed by Scherzoo's 04
    Agree on the Vak. Haven't heard the new Scherzoo yet, but loved 03, as well. Where do you feel it is not measuring up?

neil

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thought I'd heard that Neom had folded, but that Setna was still working on some new music. Could someone more in-the-know verify?
    I'm told that recording for the Setna album has been completed, but that post-production is dragging on. On the other hand, I met Neom's bass player last year and he told me the band was basically over and there's little hope of a second album being made despite all the unrecorded material.
    Truth be told, the two times I've seen Setna in concert (the SZ festival in Paris and the PR Convention in Soignies, Aymeric was at both as well), the band played with Neom members integrated within Setna.
    FTM, if I remember well, the after-gig conference (interview), Yannick Duschene had told us that Neom was +/- dead.
    Whether the two factions form only one permanent band, I don't know, because Setna is based in Rouen (that 250 km NW of Paris), while Neom was based in Lyon (that's +/-600 km SE of Paris)

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Agree on the Vak. Haven't heard the new Scherzoo yet, but loved 03, as well. Where do you feel it is not measuring up?

neil
    Well, it seems to me that 04 is a return to 02 and 01, though I've practically not heard any of it in ages. Last time was at the SZ festival in 2013, and their set had driven mad - for a few reasons 1) I was saturated (they were third on the bill and had reached my fill) 2) playing after the fantastic Setna set and before the great Neom set made Scherzoo seem uninventive. But things chand and 03 has the merit of being quite different of their previous stuff, having a guitarist and a sax player (which are both gone in 04) gave them very different opportunities. TBH, 03 pleased me so much not only in the lengthy Contagion track, but also on the three bonus track with a very different line-up (Thollot actually switched from bass to drums), and some of that stuff was almost chamber rock music. You have none of that in 04 as the group is a quartet with two KB players. I've only spined 04 three times, but so far I can't find the open spaces I found in 03 (and our Udi didn't participate inn the new one either)
    Last edited by Trane; 09-26-2018 at 04:24 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post

Due to (very) low dematerialized sales for our previous prods (notably Corima "Amaterasu", Unit Wail "Beyond space edges" + couple of others), the decision to sell digital or not isn't that clear at the moment. Looow motivation so far...
    That is sad to hear. The Corima release, it is probably the most played album for me since its release, played it just last weekend and I always look forward to a Unit Wail release.

Hi all!
    Good news : the Vak bandcamp page confusing setting issue is fixed, it’s now possible to get the album directly from bandcamp with the normal process.
    Our apologies for its weird settings of these past weeks.
    Thanks a lot for all the great feedback we’re reading on this forum, we are really thrilled of seeing such comments about the album!

Alex/VAK

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Hi all!
    Good news : the Vak bandcamp page confusing setting issue is fixed, it’s now possible to get the album directly from bandcamp with the normal process.
    Our apologies for its weird settings of these past weeks.
    Thanks a lot for all the great feedback we’re reading on this forum, we are really thrilled of seeing such comments about the album!

Alex/VAK
    No need to apologize, Alex.

I really enjoyed the first VAK CD, and have ordered Budo from a retailer in the US so it should hopefully be arriving in my mailbox within the next day or two. Cannot wait to hear it!