Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dead Can Dance coming in Nov - DIONYSUS

The major complaint seems to be that it clocks in at just over 36 minutes! You would think that given the amount of time between the last release and this one, they could have pushed it up near 60 minutes to help win back their fan base...

Quantity wouldn't be an issue if the quality was good, but obviously both aspects are not there. In fact, the album cover is what I like most about it so far...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silantyev View Post
    Quantity wouldn't be an issue if the quality was good, but obviously both aspects are not there. In fact, the album cover is what I like most about it so far...
    That's not exactly a glowing reference in this digital world
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Definitely not as good as Brendan’s Ark album nor any other DCD album.

Feels almost like false advertising calling this a DCD album.

Hoping this gets better with subsequent listens, but very disappointed so far.

Ik agree that the length of the album is a disappointment.
    I like the music though. The (almost) absence of Lisa doesn't really bother me much, althoug I like her contributions to the older music a lot. I want to listen tot the album repeatedly which is a good sign for me.

I'd have to say this fanboy is disappointed. I don't think Lisa is even on the first track! There are really no new sounds here....just a repetition of past styles. The "Second Act" ends abruptly as if never completed...a bit jarring. Visually stunning but sonicly nonplussed. At $98.00 for the deluxe box......it was an expensive gamble not to be repeated. For an outfit who spent 30+ years pushing boundaries, this seems like a "cash-grab".
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Dead Can Dance take us inside their concept album, "Dionysus", the Echoes November CD of the Month. Hear Brendan Perry take us to the Bacchanal tonight on Echoes. https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-eKV

Really nice album. Essential? Probably not but if DCD ring your bell then you won't be disappointed.
    Prog's Not Dead

Bought it, spun it several times on repeat over the weekend, and came away nonplussed.

It's nice music, easy on the ears, with echoes of the previous albums, but not really essential.

Not exactly bland, but none of it sticks afterward, except maybe the rhythmic opening section.

I hoped this new album would have a stronger personality than Anastasia, but these first reviews make me reassess my expectations.
    Still on autobuy mode though.

To me it's them going back to the Spiritchaser sound but not to overall great results...there aren't a lot of solid melodies or arrangements.

With one listen i thought The Forest track was best.