Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill Bruford autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    For me, Bill's book and Keith Emerson's Pictures of an Exhibitionist are #1 and #1A.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, two of the top R & R biographies for sure. Both great books.
    Hmmm... that's pretty high praise, maybe I should read Emerson's. I'm not an ELP fanatic, I have (and like) their 70s studio albums, but that's about it. Might be interesting to delve into the story of a musician I'm not as familiar with.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hmmm... that's pretty high praise, maybe I should read Emerson's. I'm not an ELP fanatic, I have (and like) their 70s studio albums, but that's about it. Might be interesting to delve into the story of a musician I'm not as familiar with.
    One of the things that I like about it, is that he isn't shy about going behind the scenes about the band and his life on the road and is frank with his opinions on things. It's not one of those walking on eggshells, don't want to say anything remotely negative about anyone, type of bios.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    One of the things that I like about it, is that he isn't shy about going behind the scenes about the band and his life on the road and is frank with his opinions on things. It's not one of those walking on eggshells, don't want to say anything remotely negative about anyone, type of bios.

Neil
    Yup, it has been a while since I read it, but Emerson pulls no punches. He lead the rock star life for sure, and appears to be pretty honest about how it all went down.

Just ordered the book today, can't wait. Bill has lots of history in my experiences and preferences.