Thread: RIP Lindsay Kemp

RIP Lindsay Kemp

Lindsay Kemp, a boundary-pushing British dancer, choreographer and mime who taught David Bowie and Kate Bush how to move, died on Friday at his home in Livorno, Italy. He was 80.
    Read the rest here...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/o...gtype=Homepage
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I guess no one is going to reply to this post, so I will. Thank you Lindsay Kemp for inspiring David Bowie and Kate Bush. You will be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by jowallan lid View Post
    I guess no one is going to reply to this post, so I will. Thank you Lindsay Kemp for inspiring David Bowie and Kate Bush. You will be remembered.
    Yeah, I recall seeing/reading a Bowie bio some time ago and when it got to the part where Bowie met Lindsay Kemp you could just tell that's when Bowie's creativity went *snap*! It's also easy to see that he had a similar influence on Kate Bush, that "don't worry if it looks funny, because people won't be able to forget it" approach to dance.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Lindsay Kemp is also remembered by Zaine Griff on his FB-page: https://nl-nl.facebook.com/Zainegriff.officialnews/

Kate Bush sang on the Griff-tune Flowers from the album Figures, which was dedicated to Kemp:

dance in peace

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this - missed the news with all the Progday hysteria. RIP...