Thread: New album featuring members of MoeTar, miRthkon, Secret Chiefs 3...

New album featuring members of MoeTar, miRthkon, Secret Chiefs 3...

Does this subject line "joke" ever get old? The joke being the referenced members of these bands are all me? Maybe that's annoying. Probably. Sorry. But in any case...

Surprise! I made another solo album! And here it is, just like that! It's called "Buried." This is newer stuff - output from recent instant-composition challenges to which I regularly subject myself. And as such it's deliciously rough and all over the map. Dark epics, indie pop nuggets, a smidge of post rock, several forays into the land of synths and sequencers, and some combinations of the above. A majority have the usual Matt lyrics that may or may not be my actual sentiments and regardless of how you interpret them you can't help but question my mental health. I know I do! Take a break from freaking out about the world and listen to some tunes. Maybe even download them!

https://mattlebofsky.bandcamp.com/album/buried

Thanks for listening!

- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    Does this subject line "joke" ever get old? The joke being the referenced members of these bands are all me? Maybe that's annoying. Probably. Sorry. But in any case...

Surprise! I made another solo album! And here it is, just like that! It's called "Buried." This is newer stuff - output from recent instant-composition challenges to which I regularly subject myself. And as such it's deliciously rough and all over the map. Dark epics, indie pop nuggets, a smidge of post rock, several forays into the land of synths and sequencers, and some combinations of the above. A majority have the usual Matt lyrics that may or may not be my actual sentiments and regardless of how you interpret them you can't help but question my mental health. I know I do! Take a break from freaking out about the world and listen to some tunes. Maybe even download them!

https://mattlebofsky.bandcamp.com/album/buried

Thanks for listening!

- Matt
    Have you really been to Kitchener?
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Have you really been to Kitchener?
    I have, in fact. The story behind this song was that - as you can imagine given the current political situation in the US - many of my friends keep threatening to flee to Canada because it's better. It is in a lot of ways, to be sure. However a recent tour took me all over the US and through Canada, including a night spent in Kitchener. And there was the ONLY place I overheard random people spouting a whole bunch of misinformed, ignorant, pro-Trump rhetoric. I found that hilarious, especially because I went through Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc. on this tour and witnessed none of that until I got to Kitchener of all places... And so I wrote the lyrics based on this unfair anecdote.

- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    And there was the ONLY place I overheard random people spouting a whole bunch of misinformed, ignorant, pro-Trump rhetoric. wrote the lyrics based on this unfair anecdote.

- Matt
    Without getting too political...The only explanation that I could come up with is that T-RUMP must be benefiting from the negativity surrounding our prime minister, Justin Trudeau. a.k.a. Turdeau, for obvious reasons...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cool will check it out! And no the joke doesn't get old.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.