Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 90125/Asia

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    So, I've always liked 90125, in fact it was the second Yes album I ever bought. However I only got into the 1st Asia album recently, and I found myself enjoying it quite a bit.
    Oh man this means I'm getting old doesnt it?

Actually, as much as I disliked Asia in my youth -- I listened to their first album a year or two ago and actually really enjoyed it (or most of it). Maybe I'm getting old too!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

Actually, as much as I disliked Asia in my youth -- I listened to their first album a year or two ago and actually really enjoyed it (or most of it). Maybe I'm getting old too!
    Or maybe it’s because music these days is so bad that it makes the first Asia album sound good.

Between the two of them, 90125 had pleasant surprises and is still highly listenable all the way through. Asia was a disappointment although with a few highlights - "Time Again" being one of them. Might be the last album where Howe played in an aggressive manner.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Ah, the 2 early 80's Prog albums that almost everyone knew about and/or loved.

I've had this conversation with Tom Brislin (ex-Yes, current Kansas keyboardist) about how the Asia album was out and took the world by storm but then 90125 comes out and it's like so futuristic and the sound is so slick with Trevor Horn hitting it out of the park with all the crazy sonic hooks and all that.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I like 90125 too. On it's own merits, it stands up.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

^ I agree, it stands on its own really well. 90125 is one of my favorite 80s albums by anyone ever.

Right. In the pantheon of Yes albums it is an odd bird and doesn't satisfy like the best Yes albums to some extent, but as an "80's album" or a album production feat, it's a red letter bullet pointed release.