Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your most valuable (monetarily) LP?

I have second and third state Beatles "Butcher" covers as well as an authentic "Introducing The Beatles" on Vee-Jay, but it's been years since I looked into their respective values.

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    I have a Verve pressing of Zappa's Freak Out,
    I have it too, as well as the accompanying "Freak Out with the Mothers of Invention" promotional button.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    I have a Vertigo "swirl" first press of Gentle Giant - Octopus.
    +1. Most of my classic era Prog albums are UK first pressings.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

My copies of GG’s Acquiring the Taste and the first Jade Warrior album had the Vertigo swirl label, too—but I always assumed they weren’t worth much, considering they were US releases. I also have the US releases of Beggars Opera’s Act One and the Affinity album, but on different labels (Vervé and Paramount, respectively).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    I have a Verve pressing of Zappa's Freak Out, though it's not in great shape. I paid $20 for it back in the late '80s, and I'm sure it's worth a fair bit more than that.
    That was exactly what I was about to write before I saw your post. I have an original pressing. It must be worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by llanwydd View Post
    That was exactly what I was about to write before I saw your post. I have an original pressing. It must be worth something.
    Apparently not a fortune
    https://www.discogs.com/The-Mothers-...elease/2690657

Hmmm...let's see, I have:

The Beatles and Frank Ifield "Jolly Wot!" album on Veejay records
    Original Beatles red, white and blue vinyls from Capitol Records ("Beatles 1962-1966", "The Beatles" and "Beatles 1967-1970")
    Alice Cooper "School's Out" 1972 desk album with the original panties album sleeve.
    Several Elvis Presley 45s on the Sun label
    And...I'm sure there's more. I haven't looked at my vinyl records for perhaps 30 years.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/