Thread: Arch/Matheos - New Album coming in 2019

Arch/Matheos - New Album coming in 2019

Can't fucking wait for this!

Sympathetic Resonance is 1 of the best prog metal albums of the last 10 years.

And take a look at the GUEST LIST: it's like a Fates Warning-fan's dream mix of musicians.

https://www.facebook.com/metalblader...type=3&theater

Arch / Matheos re-signs with Metal Blade Records; begins work on new album

Metal Blade Records has proudly re-signed Arch/Matheos for a worldwide deal!

Arch/Matheos began as a reunion between founding Fates Warning members John Arch (vocals) and Jim Matheos (guitar), who hadn't collaborated since John Arch's solo EP, A Twist Of Fate (2003) - and hadn't fully collaborated for a whole album since Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian (1986). In 2010, the duo began working on a record together and brought along three Fates Warning members to the fold. The five members would in turn release their debut album Sympathetic Resonance in 2011, under the name Arch/Matheos.

Since then, John Arch and Jim Matheos have kept busy with their other projects - but now the time has come for them to join forces once again, for a new Arch/Matheos release, due out 2019 via Metal Blade Records.

John Arch comments: "The desire and commitment from both of us is first and foremost, but the impetus to move forward with another A/M project fell in good part on how well 'Sympathetic Resonance' was received, and how the fans have continued to show their support through a variety of mediums, stating they would like a follow-up effort. The timing for Jim and I seems to be right and things are coming along nicely. We look forward to sharing the results with you soon!"

Jim Matheos adds: "It's great to be working with my old friend John Arch again. We push each other creatively in ways that brings out the best in both of us, I think. We've come up with what I hope is a worthy successor to 'Sympathetic Resonance', and a great lineup of musicians to help us bring it to fruition."

Already featuring special guests Thomas Lang, Bobby Jarzombek, Baard Kolstad, Mark Zonder, Matt Lynch, Steve Di Giorgio, Joey Vera, Sean Malone, Joe DiBiase, and Frank Aresti - with more to come! - this upcoming Arch/Matheos album is currently being tracked, with Jens Bogren (Fates Warning, Opeth, Devin Townsend, etc.) handling mixing duties in November. Stay tuned for more news coming soon!
    Last edited by mnprogger; 08-19-2018 at 01:23 AM.

I love Arch's voice and was so glad when he came back to music. Everything he and Matheos have done has been a treat.

Don't care if I don't recognize half the names in that announcement--this is fantastic news.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    Everything he and Matheos have done has been a treat.
    Seconded. It's hard to believe the first is several years old already, but it's had serious staying power. I'm sure I'll be happy with anything more they choose to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Don't care if I don't recognize half the names in that announcement--this is fantastic news.
    FW now and then
    Joe DiBiase,
    Frank Aresti
    Bobby Jarzombek,
    Mark Zonder,
    Joey Vera,

The other guys:

Matt Lynch, (Cynic)
    Steve Di Giorgio, (Sadus,Death,Testament,Iced Earth)
    Sean Malone, (Cynic, Gordian Knot)
    Thomas Lang, (Asia, Peter Gabriel)
    Baard Kolstad, (Leprous)

Thanks. Basically the Fates members were the ones I knew. It'll be interesting to learn about the others.. I trust these guys know what they're doing when it comes to casting.

Big FW fan, though only from Perfect Symmetry onwards as I just can't acquire the taste for John Arch's voice. Because of that I couldn't really get into Sympathetic Resonance, though could enjoy it in smaller doses from time to time.

That is a pretty impressive list of drummers though: Thomas Lang, Bobby Jarzombek, Baard Kolstad, Mark Zonder, Matt Lynch.

Cool to have Zonder back for this, although with that many drummers they might just all play on one track each.

Best news I've heard in a long time. Love the first one, this can't come out soon enough.

Firefox does not work for the Video function right now

anyway, "Winter Ethereal" coming out on May 10th, 2019.

Preorders, the 1st Single/Video, Press Release are all shared in my blog here:
    https://allmediareviews.blogspot.com...2018-2019.html

I guess this one won't be a happy accident like the first one. Looking forward to it.

2nd single "Wanderlust"

I'm getting excited... impressive list of contributing drummers. fark yeah, bring it on!

Sympathetic Resonance is top notch progressive metal. The first two singles sounds promising. Arch still delivers a passionate performances Cant wait to hear the rest of the new album.

yep, only 1 week.

I won't be surprised if this is my Album of the Year.

came out yesterday.

this album is incredible.

whole thing is streaming

Nothing new in the world of Heavy Metal with few prog tendencies