Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New (Trolls) kid in town

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Do you think maybe people saw this, and that's why NEARfest 2011 was cancelled? (Just kidding though, I love New Trolls!)

If you only watch moment, go to 2:15. LOL!

WOW... that was painful
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Concerto Grosso one and two are great. The first one has this long jam on it with a five minute drum solo. Pretty crazy. It sounds like a cross between early Tull and early DP. Gotta love that(unless you don't like DP or JT). Number two had some wacked out bee gees type of vocals and some vocals that would make the Moody BLues cringe but I still liked it especially the more jazz rockish numbers on there. Im not as familiar with their other discs. I think I had the first two CG discs as a two on one and it was one of the first ever Italian prog cds I ever bought(even before I heard PFM).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Concerto gross 3? Released tomorrow?!?!?

http://www.newtrolls.it/page2013/hom...A96KA.facebook
    Last edited by Harbottle; 02-25-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Concerto Grosso one and two are great. The first one has this long jam on it with a five minute drum solo. Pretty crazy. It sounds like a cross between early Tull and early DP. Gotta love that(unless you don't like DP or JT). Number two had some wacked out bee gees type of vocals and some vocals that would make the Moody BLues cringe but I still liked it especially the more jazz rockish numbers on there. Im not as familiar with their other discs. I think I had the first two CG discs as a two on one and it was one of the first ever Italian prog cds I ever bought(even before I heard PFM).
    Isn't that drum solo longer than 5 minutes? It sure FEELS endless, anyway!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    Concerto gross 3? Released tomorrow?!?!?

http://www.newtrolls.it/page2013/hom...A96KA.facebook
    That got me a little bit exited.

I don't see CG3 on Amazon as yet : (

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    http://www.hamelinprog.com/esce-oggi...to-grosso-n-3/
    Got the link from Gianni Beleno but he removed it from his facebook. Might be it's not entirely correct? Anyway, we have a tracklist. Five tracks written by Luis Bacalov (who also co-wrote the previous two and Osanna's Milano Calibro and Rovescio Della Medaglia's Contaminazione. And Django):
    Tracklist:

1) The mythical city

2) Oh Venice

3) Storm in Venice

4) Like Ophelia

5) My guitar from the heart

6) The magical city

7) Per Nico

8) Per chi combatte per noi

9) Per Freddie

10) Per tutti i bambini del mondo

11) Per lui

12) Per amore

13) Per chi non capisce
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Isn't it funny how our occasional trolls here don't care a thing about New Trolls. They'd rather argue about Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Isn't it funny how our occasional trolls here don't care a thing about New Trolls. They'd rather argue about Genesis.
    And never once has Shadow posted in "Shadowfax" thread!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Hey guys here it is!
    http://www.btf.it/concerto-grosso-n-...l-5-marzo.html
    I ran it through Google translate for your convenience

Details

"Concerto Grosso No. 3," the highly anticipated new album from The Legend NEW TROLLS with LUIS BACALOV of label Immaginifica by Aereostella (Self / Pirames International), available on CD and VINYL DOUBLE.

After a long wait, the band formation composed of the four elements of historical NEW TROLLS: Gianni Belleno (drums, vocals, backing vocals), Giorgio D'ADAMO (bass), Vittorio De Scalzi (piano, flute, keyboards, computer programming, voice ) and NICO POLE (keyboards, vocals, guitar), accompanied by Andrea Maddalone (guitars, vocals) and Francesco Bellia (backing vocals), with the Orchestra of the Teatro Carlo Felice in Genoa, directed by Maestro LUIS BACALOV, has a new job of unpublished works.

Thirteen tracks from the refined sound, lyrical and powerful at the same time. The music of five songs of the tracklist was composed by Maestro Luis Bacalov with lyrics written by the members of the band's history, while the remaining songs have lyrics and music composed entirely of Legend NEW TROLLS.

"Concerto Grosso # 3" closes a trilogy that began about forty years ago was 1971 when Luis Bacalov composed the music for "Concerto Grosso by New Trolls" which was followed in 1976 "Concerto Grosso N ° 2".
    As an hour, in this work the progressive music is intertwined with classical and baroque, rock guitars wrap around the notes of the orchestra, especially the strings, flutes and trumpets, all the A-side of the album is dedicated to atmospheres, themes and sounds that evoke the earlier productions, a red thread timeless that only music can hold tight.
    In the second part of the disc to emerge is primarily the soul pop of The Legend NEW TROLLS, where we find hymns friendship, love, brotherhood and above all the music, as in the song "To Nico", dedicated to Nico Di Palo, or, "Freddie", a tribute to Freddie Mercury in the years between the first two editions of "Concerto Grosso" worked "A Night at the Opera" (1975) by Queen, a masterpiece of rock music and classical contained, among others, the song "Bohemian Rhapsody." And in "For Freddy" as in "My Guitar from the Heart" are two pearls of this album: two guitar solo played by Nico Di Palo, thanks to recordings made before the accident.

"Concerto Grosso No. 3" is therefore a unique work and missed. A gift that the band wanted to do to the fans and collectors and lovers of music copyright.
    Man, I'm looking forward to this new classic piece of Italian Prog!
    HuGo

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

It's now on iTunes! Listening to it now as I type. Very, very good indeed so far. Fans of the original Concert Grosso should enjoy this. Dodgy English singing, but that's all part of the character. Quite a modern sound in places as well.
    Last edited by Harbottle; 02-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.

I like Searching For A New Land (only one i've heard) I understand Latte e Miele drummer Alfio Vitanza joined the band, he's really good.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

Not on Amazon as yet - I'll use the dreaded Itunes this weekend if that is still the case then

Really looking forward to this

BG

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    I like Searching For A New Land (only one i've heard) I understand Latte e Miele drummer Alfio Vitanza joined the band, he's really good.
    Yes he was, he played on the CG the 7 Seasons album. It seams that their original drummer joined in this time.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    I have the two 70's CG's, UT, plus, and I don't think this one's been mentioned, Night on the Bare Mountain. There's moments on all four that are excellent, yet also parts here and there that keep them from being classics, IMO. Having said that I'd love to pick up this new CG, plus Seven Seasons at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Night on the Bare Mountain.
    This is the English language version of the first Atomic System album with the title track (a non-LP single track) added.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“Blind Freedom”-Lucifer’s Friend/I’m Just a Rock & Roll Singer

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Night on the Bare Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    This is the English language version of the first Atomic System album with the title track (a non-LP single track) added.
    Thanks for that info Progbear. I've likely read/heard that before, but it's long since been deleted from my RAM.

NB: I justed checked an old card catalog system I used for keeping track of my lp's, and see that I owned Atomic System (plus Tempi Dispari & Aldebaran) but traded them - probably mid to late eighties. Definitely the RAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    It's now on iTunes!
    Looked this AM, I assume it is not the US I-tunes you speak of, as it's not there, unless it's been removed

Still not on Amazon

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Still not on Amazon

BG
    What's this?
    http://www.amazon.it/Concerto-Grosso...2052823&sr=1-1
    HuGo

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    That's the Italian site

I'm in the good ole US, not there as yet

Looked like 16 Euro for a digital download?

I want it now, but not that bad!

BG

That is for the CD release.

It's good stuff. A bit odd, though, as one of the tracks, Per Freddie, sounds like a very rough demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    That's the Italian site

I'm in the good ole US, not there as yet

Looked like 16 Euro for a digital download?

I want it now, but not that bad!

BG
    You can order using your Amazon.com acount. No problem.
    HuGo

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    You can order using your Amazon.com acount. No problem.
    I recently purchased the three prior ones on Amazon, with very little thought

When they make this one easy to buy , I will

Believe me, I'll be checking!

BG

Attached Images Attached Images
    HuGo