Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROG Issue #89 Gabriel Cover (again)

PROG Issue #89 Gabriel Cover (again)

Well......Street date was July 19th. Anyone in the USA receive a copy yet? The last two Issues arrived within DAYS of release.....now were looking at 1 Month past release.....I guess the decent shipping speed was a Two-off fluke.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

same here, did email the mag about this, they told me it was dispatched , that was about a week ago, still no issue.

This is why I have finally let my subscription lapse (this one should be my final issue, and no I don't have it yet either.) It's just taking too long now... I've been subscribing since about issue #12 but I'm finally done - no last minute re-subscribing this time!

Over the last year and a half, I've had issues arrive where the date on the issue was two months ago. If I'm waiting that long anyway, I'll just grab them individually when the local bookstore gets them - and maybe I'll finally start picking and choosing the ones I want.

Rock Society (also a UK mag) arrives in very good time.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    About 12 days ago I bought the issue with The Final Cut cover story. What’s the cover of the issue after that?

received today.

No physical mag yet. I have the digital though. Still need time to read it :-/
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Mine has not arrived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    About 12 days ago I bought the issue with The Final Cut cover story. What’s the cover of the issue after that?
    The Gabriel cover (current) is the one after that.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    The Gabriel cover (current) is the one after that.
    What could they have found to say about Gabriel, or to ask him, that hasn't already been printed several times (probably in PROG)?

What could they have found to say about Gabriel, or to ask him, that hasn't already been printed several times (probably in PROG)?
    They want to ask him why his Dad used to stand on his head on street corners.

Why do Genesis threads keep appearing on PE--what could they possibly contain that we haven't hashed out a hundred times already?

Why do Genesis threads keep appearing on PE--what could they possibly contain that we haven't hashed out a hundred times already?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    See above.
    Because when he stood on his head in the street itself he kept getting run over.

Because when he stood on his head in the street itself he kept getting run over.
    Ahh. Full contact Yoga. No wonder it had a short shelf life.

(I wasn't joking about his Dad, though.)

I actually bought the previous Prog mag (the one with Waters' TFC on the cover) , the first time I picked anything up from Prog and Classy Crock in two or three years.

It had a fair amount of interesting pieces, including a six page spread of second-era Traffic and a Klaus Schulze overview and interview.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I actually bought the previous Prog mag (the one with Waters' TFC on the cover) , the first time I picked anything up from Prog and Classy Crock in two or three years.

It had a fair amount of interesting pieces, including a six page spread of second-era Traffic and a Klaus Schulze overview and interview.
    While I’ve gotten a bit tired of reading PROG, they’ve always had more interesting articles about a wider variety of bands than many give them credit for. It’s actually their coverage of new bands that sometimes bores me. Some are interesting but some seem like bands I’d have no interest in.

I haven't received mine yet (here in Ohio) but I always get them - even if they're a little late.

And it's not like articles about Peter Gabriel, Peter Hammill and Ian Anderson are particularly time-sensitive!!!
    The Prog Corner

After many months where I seemed to get it just a few days after those in the UK had it, I STILL don't have the Gabriel issue-and I have a half page ad and a blurb review in it! Someone there sent me a PDF of the issue-a rarity-which was cool but damn what's up??

While I’ve gotten a bit tired of reading PROG, they’ve always had more interesting articles about a wider variety of bands than many give them credit for. It’s actually their coverage of new bands that sometimes bores me. Some are interesting but some seem like bands I’d have no interest in.
    Actually, there are many things I've grown tired from Prog:
    One is the way they want to tell us that everything they talk about is prog.
    I'm really very rarely interested in the "new prog" they feature... When they do step out of the UK/US realm, they pick bands for which I have little interest as well (TFK, Kaipa, & Gazpacho, for ex)
    the magic of the first few mags is long gone.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

This issue (July) arrived today (August 23rd.)

From here on in, I will scan the bookstore shelves and pick them up individually.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Still waiting on mine.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This issue (July) arrived today (August 23rd.)
    Heh--the same day the Burning Shed mailing arrives offering issue #90 (Camel cover).

Mine arrived today here on the Left Coast of the US. Five weeks. Guess were back to the old schedule.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Mine arrived today here on the Left Coast of the US. Five weeks. Guess were back to the old schedule.
    Party on Wayne.

Finally got my sub one over the weekend....and 2 delivered from their advertising department a day later!