Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glass Hammer Announce "Chronomonaut" Concept Album For October 2018

Glass Hammer Announce "Chronomonaut" Concept Album For October 2018

A follow up to Chronometree is official. Chronomonaut! Check out our teaser

From PROG “Tom was, and remains, the ultimate prog-rock fan, that guy who just takes his music way too seriously. In other words, he’s someone we can all relate to.” Chronomonaut will be released on October 12, with autographed pre-orders getting underway on September 12 via the band’s website.

All over it! Will pre-order on September 12!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Woohoo! Awesome!

I'll buy it just for this fantastic cover art and the great music is even better.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I need to know how the person posting under the name The Elf King fits in with this before committing.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 08-13-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Elf King or not...I"M IN!!!
    The Prog Corner

COOL! I love Chronometree so this = autobuy.

So excited for this! I think the last time I felt this excited for a GH album was the time leading up to the release of the Inconsolable Secret. To me, Lex Rex and Shadowlands were such kick butt prog records I couldn't wait for the new double album. I was pretty excited for the first album with Davison too and it turned out to be stellar, but I never expected a follow up like this album is shaping up to be.

I went forward in time and pre-ordered this.

Lots of articles coming out...each with some different info about the release.

https://progarchy.com/2018/08/13/gla...-chronomonaut/

Guest appearances include Discipline’s Matthew Parmenter and Chris Herin.

Holy cow -- I did not see that coming. Very cool!

The teaser sounds really good. Once again, Suzie shines on vocals.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sounds great! Saw Glass Hammer in Quebec City a few years ago and they were awesome.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 08-15-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Well, they've impressed me with the last several albums, so I'll be getting this one for sure. Chronomotree was the first Glass Hammer album I bought and heard, and I still love it, so this is an auto buy for me.

So I guess Alan Sikoh is no longer in the band? Not very clear from the articles, but they seem to be missing a guitarist (obviously, both Fred and Steve can play guitar, but Alan has been there for the past several albums). I find that just a tad disappointing as I really like his playing, but I'm sure it will be fine (he wasn't on Chronomotree, after all).

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    So I guess Alan Sikoh is no longer in the band? Not very clear from the articles, but they seem to be missing a guitarist
    He was lost in the time streams and has yet to resurface in our continuum.

We live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He was lost in the time streams and has yet to resurface in our continuum.

We live in hope.
    Babb, Bogdanowicz, Raulston & Schendel (the band) along with several guest appearances on guitars and other instruments. Very strong guitar work on Chronomonaut - we think you'll approve!

Not worried about the guitars. MiniMoogs, Mellotrons, Clavinets, ARP Odysseys, Prophet 5's, Oberheim Matrix-12's & OB8's, please! (JK, I'll take whatever.)

Will there be a t-shirt? If it shrinks, I'll go back in time and take it out of the dryer.

Now that I've had a taste of the wonderful new Elf King project, I'm not really interested in Glass Hammer anymore. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I need to know how the person posting under the name The Elf King fits in with this before committing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    Now that I've had a taste of the wonderful new Elf King project, I'm not really interested in Glass Hammer anymore. Sorry.
    These are interesting comments and I fully understand someone being upset if they'd commented in the Elf King thread thinking it was real, and offering advise and support for the music.
    Do either of you feel your generosity was taken advantage of?
    Do you feel it was wrong for GH to post as a fictitious person?

I think it's important to have this discussion because I would hate to see what sounds like a wonderful new Glass Hammer album be marred by bad feelings from the Elf King thread.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Babb, Bogdanowicz, Raulston & Schendel (the band) along with several guest appearances on guitars and other instruments. Very strong guitar work on Chronomonaut - we think you'll approve!
    Not worried really, just liked Alan's playing. I have no doubt the guitars will be excellent regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    These are interesting comments and I fully understand someone being upset if they'd commented in the Elf King thread thinking it was real, and offering advise and support for the music.
    Do either of you feel your generosity was taken advantage of?
    Do you feel it was wrong for GH to post as a fictitious person?

I think it's important to have this discussion because I would hate to see what sounds like a wonderful new Glass Hammer album be marred by bad feelings from the Elf King thread.
    No, no bad feelings from me at all, my post was a joke. I had indeed commented in the Elf King thread, so it was a kind of retaliation, but just for fun. After all, in an alternate reality, the Elf King preview could have generated such a buzz that it would have overshadowed GH's album…

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    No, no bad feelings from me at all, my post was a joke. I had indeed commented in the Elf King thread, so it was a kind of retaliation, but just for fun. After all, in an alternate reality, the Elf King preview could have generated such a buzz that it would have overshadowed GH's album…
    Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure. I didn't have a problem with it either, but I didn't comment in that thread.
    I'm looking forward to this new release.