Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Progressive Rockers who were/are Masons

Sorry, don't know why it came out so tiny.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Although I agree with you, atheism has also been called that, I think you will either extend this discussion to oblivion, or risk the end of this thread.
    Calling atheism a belief system is like calling not believing in Bigfoot a belief system

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, the whole mapping of the human genome was based on an evolutionary understanding of Biology. That's hardly the only proof, but it's good enough for me.
    there is no proof whatsoever of one type of life-form "evolving" into a completely different type. Evolution is a con, designed by haughty humans to rob you of your life. It is a lie and not the intelligent choice of belief. I am certainly not going to put my eternal destiny in the hands of evolutionists. You can put faith in evolutionists if you like, but when analyzed from a purely logical standpoint, it is not the intelligent choice.

You can reply, but I've stated all that need be stated. If you wish to gain a greater depth of understanding then PM me. What I wrote is sufficient for this public thread.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Why does it have to be either/or. Why not both/and. You can't reconcile your religious beliefs with established science?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    there is no proof whatsoever of one type of life-form "evolving" into a completely different type. Evolution is a con, designed by haughty humans to rob you of your life. It is a lie and not the intelligent choice of belief. I am certainly not going to put my eternal destiny in the hands of evolutionists. You can put faith in evolutionists if you like, but when analyzed from a purely logical standpoint, it is not the intelligent choice.

You can reply, but I've stated all that need be stated. If you wish to gain a greater depth of understanding then PM me. What I wrote is sufficient for this public thread.
    I don't need to contact you. I went to school to be a preacher in the 80s and hold a certificate from an American bible college. I'd wager I've forgotten more about Christianity than you know.

If you study the scientific literature on the subject of Evolution, you'll find out that the evidence is overwhelming, and not just a belief or opinion. The creation myth is not the only thing in the bible that doesn't hold up, but to their credit, the mythology does hold up better than the American Indian myths of the Earth being on the back of a turtle, so score one for the Hebrews.

Last I'll say to you as well, given that Mr.Powell may hyperventilate when he sees the direction this thread has taken.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 08-15-2018 at 08:36 PM.

there is no proof whatsoever of one type of life-form "evolving" into a completely different type.
    Does that mean you believe in SOME instances of evolution, or in evolution to some degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Sorry, don't know why it came out so tiny.
    That's what Trump said to Stormy.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Why does it have to be either/or. Why not both/and. You can't reconcile your religious beliefs with established science?
    The Pope accepts evolution. You can believe in one god or no god or a hundred gods and still understand the fact that evolution is how organisms got to be the way they are today.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    The Pope accepts evolution. You can believe in one god or no god or a hundred gods and still understand the fact that evolution is how organisms got to be the way they are today.
    Especially humans!

Yes the Pope is who I had in mind along with The Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama attends all these scientific symposiums and writes books informed by both modern science and ancient Buddhist beliefs and practices.

there is no proof whatsoever of one type of life-form "evolving" into a completely different type. ..
    What's next, you're gonna tell us the sky isn't blue?

I realize the Smithsonian is in on the "con," but since I found it on the interweb ...

Human Evolution Evidence

Do you believe the Earth is round? Just wondering.

MASA
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

there is no proof whatsoever of one type of life-form "evolving" into a completely different type.
    There is a great deal of proof of just that, both in the fossil record, where clear lines of descent can be established, and in the presence of vestiges in modern animals. Consider the vestigial pelvis in the boid snakes, or the tiny, useless leg bones in whales, which show that both animals evolved from ancestors that had legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    MASA
    Amen.

Hey, what about dog breeds that have been intentionally bred to emphasize certain traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    There is a great deal of proof of just that, both in the fossil record, where clear lines of descent can be established, and in the presence of vestiges in modern animals. Consider the vestigial pelvis in the boid snakes, or the tiny, useless leg bones in whales, which show that both animals evolved from ancestors that had legs.
    Consider the Peppered Moth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Because the bible describes acts of Special Creation. You can argue whether this was accomplished in literal days or not, but the book of Genesis in no way describes Evolution. Nor have any of the Christian Apologists such as Irenaeus or many of the myriads who followed ever posited the theory that the book of Genesis describes a process similar to Evolution. It has been glommed onto by latter day religionists who realize that Evolution is a kill shot to the mythology, and have tried to cobble them together in a failed effort to preserve the belief. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Because the bible describes acts of Special Creation. You can argue whether this was accomplished in literal days or not, but the book of Genesis in no way describes Evolution. Nor have any of the Christian Apologists such as Irenaeus or many of the myriads who followed ever posited the theory that the book of Genesis describes a process similar to Evolution. It has been glommed onto by latter day religionists who realize that Evolution is a kill shot to the mythology, and have tried to cobble them together in a failed effort to preserve the belief. End of story.
    No, not really. Who made you the authority on this?

I’m honestly surprised it took this long for the thread to reach the point where folks are attacking others’ beliefs, but here we are. It’s pointless to discuss this here on an Internet forum, where a bunch of people shout down those they disagree with.

Believe what you want. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey, what about dog breeds that have been intentionally bred to emphasize certain traits?
    The difference is those are still dogs, not another type of animal. Of course adaptation and natural selection, genetic traits being passed down the generations — no one is disputing that here.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I just want to point out to the mods that I'm no longer participating. I do not want to be banned.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I just want to point out to the mods that I'm no longer participating. I do not want to be banned.
    Do these threads have a reset button?

^^ Yes me too. As enticing as it is to comment I'm done with this thread.

Whoever suggested that animals evolved into different species? One needs to understand the theory of evolution in order to debate it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Whoever suggested that animals evolved into different species? One needs to understand the theory of evolution in order to debate it.
    I'm not debating anything here actually, just replying to Jed's post about dog breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    The difference is those are still dogs, not another type of animal. Of course adaptation and natural selection, genetic traits being passed down the generations — no one is disputing that here.
    Just putting this here, from the American Museum of Natural History website:

"Separate groups of organisms belonging to the same species may adapt in different ways to better exploit diverse environments or resources. They also may evolve varied characteristics for attracting mates. That is, different groups evolve in different directions. Over time, these groups or populations may become so different that they can no longer breed together--separate species are formed."

^^ Again, I'm not here to debate or argue on the matter. This isn't the place for it anyway.