Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gryphon - ReInvention(Pre-Order)

Gryphon - ReInvention(Pre-Order)

http://www.thegryphonpages.com/shopuk.html
    Good evening everybody - website work all done - sorry to keep you waiting, been busy rehearsing for Union Chapel and other vital stuff. You can now order the new ReInvention CD direct from our website. The first hundred copies bought from there will be signed by the band. It is also available from today at Fairport's Cropredy Festival from the Talking Elephant stall, and from September 1st you will be able to order copies from distributors Burning Shed and Dark Peak. Vinyl copies will be made available as soon as possible but they take rather longer to manufacture so why not purchase a CD to keep you going!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Good evening everybody - website work all done - sorry to keep you waiting, been busy rehearsing for Union Chapel and other vital stuff. You can now order the new ReInvention CD direct from our website. The first hundred copies bought from there will be signed by the band. It is also available from today at Fairport's Cropredy Festival from the Talking Elephant stall, and from September 1st you will be able to order copies from distributors Burning Shed and Dark Peak. Vinyl copies will be made available as soon as possible but they take rather longer to manufacture so why not purchase a CD to keep you going!
    Excellent news! Well, I ordered a CD. Very much hoping that all the rumours about the band's new direction into drill rap are true.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Excellent news! Well, I ordered a CD. Very much hoping that all the rumours about the band's new direction into drill rap are true.
    It's actually Old School Rap with Grandmaster Flash as MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    It's actually Old School Rap with Grandmaster Flash as MJ.
    Excellent! Hope they finally got rid of those stupid Crumhorns too! I just ordered one and can't wait to bust a few moves when it arrives!

Bill

^^

Crumhorns have been replaced by a mighty Vuvuzela drone! Shake it Bro'

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Download option?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We have this on pre-order and will have copies in stock around the 1st week of September, for those in the USA who want physical product.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If they don't do download I'll pick up a copy when it comes in.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Progman1975, are you associated with the band or label, or just posting this? Can't tell.

Just posting this from his FB page

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Banned
    A new Gryphon album? Yay! Please tell me there ARE crumhorns!

I'm bloody in

Hard to believe it's been 41 years since the last release.

Excelent! I will wait to the vinyl release!

Wow this is news! Are the original members present? Notably Richard Harvey, but Gulland and Taylor were essential as well. Very exciting!!

Edit: Company internet is blocking my access to the Gryphon website, but I suppose I shouldn't expect Richard Harvey as he is pretty prolific in other areas these days, but it would be very nice! I'm in, of course, either way
    Last edited by bill g; 08-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Wow this is news! Are the original members present? Notably Richard Harvey, but Gulland and Taylor were essential as well. Very exciting!!

Edit: Company internet is blocking my access to the Gryphon website, but I suppose I shouldn't expect Richard Harvey as he is pretty prolific in other areas these days, but it would be very nice! I'm in, of course, either way
    Richard Harvey is not in the current version of the band, but the other three originals are present.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Richard Harvey is not in the current version of the band, but the other three originals are present.
    Ah figured as much. Interesting to see what they have created.

Rap? Tell me its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Excellent! Hope they finally got rid of those stupid Crumhorns too! I just ordered one and can't wait to bust a few moves when it arrives!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

Crumhorns have been replaced by a mighty Vuvuzela drone! Shake it Bro'
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

It feels like I should know more about Gryphon than I do... but I’ve never even heard their music actually. What should I start with?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It feels like I should know more about Gryphon than I do... but I’ve never even heard their music actually. What should I start with?
    They only have 5 albums, so for the most accurate understanding of what they are about, take what is usually the best course: Start with the debut and then go in chronological order.

For a prog-head the best album to start with is Red queen to Gryphon three, and then Mudnight Mushrumps (which is currently my favourite)
    The rest are more medieval / folk oriented (but still good)

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    For a prog-head the best album to start with is Red queen to Gryphon three, and then Mudnight Mushrumps (which is currently my favourite)
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    For a prog-head the best album to start with is Red Queen to Gryphon Three, and then Mudnight Mushrumps (which is currently my favourite)
    While I agree with your starting sequence, I don't with your assessment of "the rest" (which could be valid only for their debut)

In some ways, none of their albums are "samey" and they had a constant change from one album to the other.
    The S/T debut is nothing to do with the rock realm, IMHO. It's about as close as you can get to pre-renaissance music in the 70's (well beyond Malicorne or Amazing Blondel)... Mushrumps is definitely a step forward, but we're not really in the "rock territory" yet, but it's highly rated with progheads.
    With Red Queen, we're in the thick of things, and in some ways Raindances takes the Red Queen and adds some Yes-influences, and it is very advisable as well. Their last one Treason is exactly that: the reneg their pre-classical influences to go Yes-clone.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    While I agree with your starting sequence, I don't with your assessment of "the rest" (which could be valid only for their debut)

In some ways, none of their albums are "samey" and they had a constant change from one album to the other.
    The S/T debut is nothing to do with the rock realm, IMHO. It's about as close as you can get to pre-renaissance music in the 70's (well beyond Malicorne or Amazing Blondel)... Mushrumps is definitely a step forward, but we're not really in the "rock territory" yet, but it's highly rated with progheads.
    With Red Queen, we're in the thick of things, and in some ways Raindances takes the Red Queen and adds some Yes-influences, and it is very advisable as well. Their last one Treason is exactly that: the reneg their pre-classical influences to go Yes-clone.
    You are right, I would also add that Raindances is more poppy / simpler, in addition to its Yes influences. I did not want to open this pandora box so wrote the very short and lazy version