Thread: Jeff Beck Slays on Stars Align Tour

Jeff Beck Slays on Stars Align Tour

In the Stars Align Tour, Jeff Beck was a shooting star, even though Paul Rodgers sang that song. Ready my review of the Stars Align stop at BB&T Pavilion this past Saturday with Ann Wilson of Heart, Paul Rodgers of Free and Bad Company and Jeff Beck of godhood. https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-emM

Thanks for the review, would like to see this tour but I'm in the UK, Jeff Beck IS God

Great review, i purposely avoided this tour because i was worried that it was going to feature all 3 of them on stage together (Beck Rogers & Wilson) a lot and it just seemed like a weird combination. I've seen Beck with Jimmy Hall before and thought he did a fairly decent job with the vocal tunes at the time. Did Rhonda Smith do any vocals? That girl's a force of nature.

Seeing the show Wednesday night in Cincy. Looking forward to it. Given that there are four acts performing (Deborah Bonham opens the show), I have no idea how they'll fit them all in in about 4 1/2 hours time including time between each act. I imagine no one gets to do a very long set which is a shame, I'd rather see 4 1/2 hours of Jeff Beck.

Did he actually kill someone?

Beck played great, though the setlist was a little lacking if you prefer his more aggressive stuff (no Blue Wind or Star Cycle at the show I saw). But DAMN, Paul Rodgers...50 years on and he's lost absolutely nothing. Six Free songs in the set, "Woman" and "My Brother Jake" alone with the admission.

Seeing him next week in Port Chester, just him and his band...can not wait! Looking fwd to see Vinnie again!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Seeing the show Wednesday night in Cincy. Looking forward to it. Given that there are four acts performing (Deborah Bonham opens the show), I have no idea how they'll fit them all in in about 4 1/2 hours time including time between each act. I imagine no one gets to do a very long set which is a shame, I'd rather see 4 1/2 hours of Jeff Beck.
    Bonham's set, which I missed, is miniscule. Wilson player for about 45 minutes. Rodgers and Beck did full sets between 60-90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Great review, Did Rhonda Smith do any vocals? That girl's a force of nature.
    No. Just slammed it on bass.