Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Barre, Clive Bunker, Johnathan Noyce(Rosfest 2019)

Martin Barre, Clive Bunker, Johnathan Noyce(Rosfest 2019)

SECOND HEADLINER ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Jethro Tull 50th Anniversary Tour
    PERFORMED BY ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS:
    Martin Barre, Clive Bunker and Jonathan Noyce

Lets hope for more tour dates!!!!!

That should be great. I've seen one of Martin's solo shows and really enjoyed it. There is some controversy over the way this is being promoted.

Jethro Tull 50th Anniversary Tour
    Performed by original band members:
    Martin Barre
    Clive Bunker
    Jonathan Noyce

rosfest.jpg
    When asked about it on the ROSfest Facebook page, this was the response from ROSfest:

They are not all the first original band members, but they are all confirmed by The Jethro Tull group as original members. Click the link and read the bios. ... This is the official language that the Jethro Tull management groups approved to post. This is not for us to decide.

This is no doubt the greatest lineup to ever play ROS. Kudos.

They are not all the first original band members, but they are all confirmed by The Jethro Tull group as original members.
    Huh?
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Huh?
    Would or wouldn't. Only your hairdresser knows for sure.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Well if Ian can perform a 50th anni "Jethro Tull" tour, no reason Martin can't as well. But the "original" members thing? That is indeed odd.

o·rig·i·nal
    əˈrijənl/
    adjective
    present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.
    "the original owner of the house"

Lmao. Noyce was born in 1971, and started playing with the group in 1995. How he qualifies in any way as an "original member" is absurd.

Ah, let them have their spin/fabrication. They need all the help they can get selling those tickets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Lmao. Noyce was born in 1971, and started playing with the group in 1995. How he qualifies in any way as an "original member" is absurd.
    Martin Barre isn't an original member either! Great lineup in any case and probably a livelier evening of entertainment than the current version of Tull.

If I squint and stand on one leg I can just barely see how they could be using the word "original"...this is a spin-off band, but features three members from Jethro Tull, which is the original band...so they are original members. See?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    If I squint and stand on one leg I can just barely see how they could be using the word "original"...this is a spin-off band, but features three members from Jethro Tull, which is the original band...so they are original members. See?
    If I ever need a spin doctor, I will hire you, Mister Triscuits!

I'd love to see Clive performing Tull music. Even if he's not the drummer he once was, it would be a treat.

ooo definitely hope this one gets some more dates controversial name or not.

LOL! It took me a while to get your point... But it works: they just need to very craftily insert a hyphen such that "original" is modifying "band" as opposed to "members". Original-band members.

And yes I would love to see this outfit and I would love for them to sell a lot of tickets. I've seen Martin 3x and he's been great. But I don't think they need these shenanigans to put butts in seats.

i just might be attending my first Rosfest.

Curios though - who is the first headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by bfd View Post
    Martin Barre isn't an original member either! Great lineup in any case and probably a livelier evening of entertainment than the current version of Tull.
    Yeah, I know that, but he was a signature core member of the band during their most important decade and album output, ie similar situation to Steve Howe, and was the longest serving member aside from IA of course. Far cry from calling a guy who wasn't even born when Tull formed and put out their first few albums an "original". I am seeing Barre play in November, and I skipped the Ian Anderson croaking tour, so I agree with the latter part.

Bootstrapping from Mister Triscuits comment, I can see why they inserted the word "original" so as to emphasize these guys were really in Tull and are not just a tribute band, ie for the casual fans who might not recognize the names. But they still just could have more accurately said "performed by Jethro Tull band members" to get that point across (or even more accurately, "former JT band members").
    Last edited by DocProgger; 08-03-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Utilizing that theory and all the members who’ve been in Tull we could technically have numerous versions of the band touring for the 50th anniversary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like they could have used Classic Lineup Members instead.

Who's the Ian clone?

Seriously, though, I would like to see more dates.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Seems like they could have used Classic Lineup Members instead.
    Most of them no longer play. Mick Abrahams, I believe, had a stroke and can't play anymore. Glenn Cornick and John Glascock are dead. John Evan and Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond haven't played in years. That leaves Dave Pegg, who I kind of was expecting; Barrie Barlow, who is not needed since they already have Clive; and Dee Palmer, who is just not the man she used to be.

Most of them no longer play. Mick Abrahams, I believe, had a stroke and can't play anymore. Glenn Cornick and John Glascock are dead. John Evan and Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond haven't played in years. That leaves Dave Pegg, who I kind of was expecting; Barrie Barlow, who is not needed since they already have Clive; and Dee Palmer, who is just not the man she used to be.
    I meant they could advertise "Classic Lineup Members" instead of "original."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I meant they could advertise "Classic Lineup Members" instead of "original."
    Oh. Duh!

Of course Jonathan Noyce is no more a "classic" member than he is an "original." So we'd all be picking the same nit!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well one definition of original is "not a copy or a fake", using that definition none of them are fake Jethro Tull members.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Interesting that Noyce and Bunker are playing together - from very different generations of this band.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

They are the original guys as apposed to the new guys.

Makes perfect sense to me. Why do advertising blurbs bother people so much?