Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 89

Thread: Martin Barre, Clive Bunker, Johnathan Noyce(Rosfest 2019)

  1. #26

  2. #27
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,507
    This should be a good Ian Anderson tribute show.

  3. #28
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,475
    I see they changed the poster to say Official Band Members instead of Original.

    Better?

  4. #29
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I see they changed the poster to say Official Band Members instead of Original.

    Better?
    You mean Robert and Geoff aren't the only ones reading this site?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa City IA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I see they changed the poster to say Official Band Members instead of Original.

    Better?
    Yes. A heavy burden has been lifted from my soul.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Yes. A heavy burden has been lifted from my soul.
    Sending thoughts and prayers.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  7. #32
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I see they changed the poster to say Official Band Members instead of Original.

    Better?
    Who were the unofficial members of Jethro Tull?

  8. #33
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Sending thoughts and prayers.
    And crab dip!

  9. #34
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You mean Robert and Geoff aren't the only ones reading this site?
    Maybe, though I saw some folks giving them 'what for' over it at FB too.

  10. #35
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Maybe, though I saw some folks giving them 'what for' over it at FB too.
    I used that phrase on a friend from Virginia back around 1984, and he looked at me like I just got off the bus from Mars. You're from the South too (Georgia,) and you know it. SMH.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  11. #36
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Dee Palmer, who is just not the man she used to be.
    But the Lady is doing some strong stuff still:

    https://missdeepalmer.bandcamp.com/a...darkened-glass

  12. #37
    Hey, if Neil Peart could still be considered "the new guy", then...
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

  13. #38
    Member Camelogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lovetron
    Posts
    1,045
    Will this help/hinder/have no effect on attendance?

  14. #39
    It won't have any effect on Rosfest's audience. They are a savvy group of customers who understand what's going on. It WOULD make a sizable difference to shows for the general public, some of whom might have different expectations. No comparison seeing Jethro Tull vs. just Martin Barre

    IMO, the biggest problem might be if the band announces a tour. If they're going to be playing "my city," that dilutes their value as a draw for Rosfest. Honestly, I can't see the band preparing for one show like this. I wouldn't be surprised if a tour were announced somewhere in the same time frame. If so, I hope the announcement is made after Rosfest tickets go on sale.
    Amazon Marketplace - http://www.amazon.com/shops/A3UJ306B3ZDWF4
    Many hard to find CDs (mostly prog)

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    It won't have any effect on Rosfest's audience. They are a savvy group of customers who understand what's going on.
    Just to clarify, I meant that the announced line-up of this version of Jethro Tull won't have much effect. Simply having the band as the headliner hopefully will have a sizable impact on the size of Rosfest's audience (aside from my concerns about a general tour announcement by them). Calling the band "Jethro Tull" for Rosfest will get people's attention, but people will decide for themselves if this group of musicians is what they want to see. I would be very happy to see them, myself!
    Amazon Marketplace - http://www.amazon.com/shops/A3UJ306B3ZDWF4
    Many hard to find CDs (mostly prog)

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Just to clarify, I meant that the announced line-up of this version of Jethro Tull won't have much effect. Simply having the band as the headliner hopefully will have a sizable impact on the size of Rosfest's audience (aside from my concerns about a general tour announcement by them). Calling the band "Jethro Tull" for Rosfest will get people's attention, but people will decide for themselves if this group of musicians is what they want to see. I would be very happy to see them, myself!
    I didn't think they were calling themselves "Jethro Tull"; its being billed as a Jethro Tull 50th anniversary tour as a tribute to the music of the band, performed by former, official band members.

  17. #42
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    IMO, the biggest problem might be if the band announces a tour. If they're going to be playing "my city," that dilutes their value as a draw for Rosfest. Honestly, I can't see the band preparing for one show like this. I wouldn't be surprised if a tour were announced somewhere in the same time frame. If so, I hope the announcement is made after Rosfest tickets go on sale.
    Martin announced in interviews a good year ago that he was planning to tour in 2018 with a couple of former Tull members. I don't think this was ever supposed to be a festival exclusive.

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Martin announced in interviews a good year ago that he was planning to tour in 2018 with a couple of former Tull members. I don't think this was ever supposed to be a festival exclusive.
    I'll disagree (Peter Marshall says hello), Clive isn't touring 100%, Martin already has a bass player so no need for Noyce and most of the other former members still performing aren't doing live shows for one reason or another, mostly health related.

  19. #44
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,416
    Well, what Martin said in early 2017 was:

    I've got two, if not more, ex-Jethro Tull musicians to be guests. They're significant ex-members who were there for a long time and the audience will know their names. I'll be playing flute on the few songs that require it, and it'll be a whole evening dedicated to the music of Jethro Tull. It will be concerts in the UK, Europe and America. The first gig that's going to showcase this presentation will be Cruise to the Edge in February 2018.
    Since I never saw any reports of ex-Tull guests on the Cruise, maybe the whole idea fell through.

  20. #45
    Member StevegSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Brexit Empire
    Posts
    80
    Be there or hand in your prog credentials forever.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

  21. #46
    Moderator Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,475
    Yeeeeeaaaah

  22. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Well, what Martin said in early 2017 was:



    Since I never saw any reports of ex-Tull guests on the Cruise, maybe the whole idea fell through.
    I was there, there weren't any.

  23. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parlin, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,600
    since Ian's voice is shot, whoever is singing in this line up can make or break it.

  24. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    since Ian's voice is shot, whoever is singing in this line up can make or break it.
    Dan Crisp, Martin's singer-in-residence.

  25. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I'll disagree (Peter Marshall says hello), Clive isn't touring 100%, Martin already has a bass player so no need for Noyce and most of the other former members still performing aren't doing live shows for one reason or another, mostly health related.
    Disagreeing with my disagreement (?), Martin has announced this morning that in 2019 his band will be touring with "special guests" Clive and Jonathan, take that! (punches self)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •