Thread: Rick Wakeman - Cape Crusader Volume 2

Rick Wakeman - Cape Crusader Volume 2

Just found on eBay the Bootleg Box volume 2. Looks like an amazing package with some cool concert recordings. Any of my fellow Wakey fans care to share their thoughts???

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

got it and volume 1. can't recall exactly what is on each of htem but I do recall there were some issues with the tracklists not reflecting what was actually there (though usually that meant there were actually more tracks). the packaging is fairly cheap and flimsy but the music is pretty good and covers a good deal of ground over his career. the stuff from journey era is not great sound quality but the later they are the better they sound I particularly like the 1984 tour and the silent nights tour have a few songs that were not really played aside from those tours.

if you are into downloading bootlegs you can get most of what is in there fairly easily but if you like having actual cds not a bad buy.

Both of these boxes are a lot of fun. You have to have a tolerance for boots, but they're decent boots as goji says. Vol 2 is the better one IMHO. Two 70s shows with all the usual suspects and a full 1981 show with the female singer. That is a pretty rare thing.

I prefer Batman.

I particularly like disc 4&5 "Live in Preston Lancs 1981" and listen to them quite often. As it's a "bootleg" issue don't expect perfect audio.

and I guess I should clarify when I say 1984 tour I do mean the 1981 preson lancs show which is for the album 1984(maybe shoulda waited 3 years to release that one Rick)

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    and I guess I should clarify when I say 1984 tour I do mean the 1981 preson lancs show which is for the album 1984(maybe shoulda waited 3 years to release that one Rick)
    He had to get it out while it was still futuristic!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx