Thread: GET WELL MICHAEL NESMITH!

GET WELL MICHAEL NESMITH!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...urgery-703665/

QUADRUPLE BYPASS SURGERY

There obviously was more to what happened when some of the Mike & Micky dates last month got canceled due to his health.

"His doctors weren’t sure about sending him home even after a month, but he convinced them he’d heal faster in his own environment. “I think, candidly, I’m back to 80 percent,” he says. “I feel like I’m increasing exponentially daily, or at least by orders of five or six percent at a time. I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My thinking is clear and I know who I am and where I am. It all feels like a natural healing process.”
    Things are going so well that he’s going ahead with a previously planned First National Band tour that kicks off September 7th in Houston and wraps up September 23rd in Ridgefield, Connecticut. He played a short California club tour with a new incarnation of his pioneering country rock band earlier this year, but this is his first nationwide tour with them since their 1972 split. “Most of it is sold out, so that was really encouraging,” he says. “I thought the First National Band was just marginal and had been tossed away by the Monkees powers and nobody liked them.”
    Thankfully he is recovering and believes he's at about 80%.

But whether he should be doing the First National Band shows in September and the makeup Mike & Micky concerts in January I wonder.

Get well, Nez! Did not know he was planning a First National Band tour, I had those albums!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Hope things go well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, Nez!
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Hope he recovers fully.

i read the Rolling Stone article a few days ago, i love his optimism about making up those cancelled dates and doing more touring. All the best!

Get well soon Mike !!
    G.A.S -aholic