Thread: Firefox Quantum blocks PE due to security issues

Firefox Quantum blocks PE due to security issues

The two last days I'm not able to display correctly P.E. pages due to Firefox Quantum permissions. The site notifies me in the address bar that "connection is not secure" and that I need to manually disable protection on each individual page loaded in order to view it correctly. It's the first time that such thing happens and I cannot figure correctly how to bypass this problem...

I have no problem with any other web site I'm visiting.

Any idea?
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Same here using Chrome.

Same in Edge as well. Previous version of IE I'm using at work, displays content correctly.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

PE does not load properly in Chrome. IE will load, but only if I click "load insecure pages". All browsers are loading https by default, and PE appears to not be ssl ready.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    PE does not load properly in Chrome. IE will load, but only if I click "load insecure pages". All browsers are loading https by default, and PE appears to not be ssl ready.
    Understandable, but few days ago I was able to load it correctly...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I managed to track the origin of the problem. It was the "DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials" add-on.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    I managed to track the origin of the problem. It was the "DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials" add-on.
    Yep, that helps. But the bigger issue is that PE is not SSL/HTTPS complaint, which, at some point needs to be addressed.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Yep, that helps. But the bigger issue is that PE is not SSL/HTTPS complaint, which, at some point needs to be addressed.
    From what people have been saying, it is SSL/HTTPS complaint, but not SSL/HTTPS compliant. ;^)

Touche! PE should be on SSL, in fact, all websites, especially ones where there's login/posting. The web's moved that direction...

https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/24/...re-http-sites/

P.E. refuses to load again on Firefox Quantum after its last update in version 62.0 (64 bit)
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Not sure what settings you might have different than mine, but I have no problems.
    And I run several 'privacy add-ons' that tend to cause problems.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'm having no problem getting in, out & around PE with Chrome, BUT it does show the site as "Not secure".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

i have no problem, fire damage restoration mold michigan but i get a not secure notification from google chrome from time to time
    Last edited by coldaquila; 06-15-2021 at 01:00 PM.