Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: The last thing you listened to was.....

My wife saying “turn that crap off”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Tightest shredding I have seen in years:

Wow. That was really good. Return To Forever would have competition from these guys.
    Last edited by markwoll; 09-09-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Led Zeppelin:
    The fantastic first 4 !! (IMO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    "F.E.A.R" - Marillion
    I need to revisit that one. I remember liking it, but can't actually recall much about it specifically. Need more time with it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I need to revisit that one. I remember liking it, but can't actually recall much about it specifically. Need more time with it I think.
    That's the same problem I have with the F.E.A.R. album, plus, I can't listen to the whole thing at once without getting bored, so I just listen to parts of it. It's pleasant and I like it, but I can't for the life of me remember any of it when it's all over.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Grateful Dead

Transatlantic - KaLIVEescope
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Daniel Lentz - On the Leopard Alter

The most underappreciated minimalist, in my opinion.

And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

The first Ronettes album, Presenting the Ronettes. I'm in love with all three of them.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Tinariwen - The Radio Tisdas Sessions

Really chill and soulful.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.

I liked this album better than I expected to. "Maxine" was true hipster Steely Dan-o-rama, but I didn't think there'd be a pop confection like "Walk Between Raindrops" on it.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Donald Fagen - The Nightfly.

I liked this album better than I expected to. "Maxine" was true hipster Steely Dan-o-rama, but I didn't think there'd be a pop confection like "Walk Between Raindrops" on it.
    I'm curious, why didn't you think you'd like it as much as you did?

Talk Talk - "Happiness Is Easy"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Mountain - Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I'm curious, why didn't you think you'd like it as much as you did?
    I'm not really much of a Steely Dan fan. I realize they're excellent musicians and good songwriters but their songs leave me cold, though I do find most of Aja a decent listen. I got a friend of mine (who is an SD fan) the Nightfly album as a Christmas gift last year, and he lent it to me recently because I was curious. I expected it to be the same smooth cocktail hour stuff as "New Frontier" (and the cover gives off such a cool-cat hipster vibe that I just grimace) but it surprised me by being brighter than that. In fact, during the title track, I was walking outside with it on my headphones, and I saw the blue sky, and the music just seemed to fit the gorgeousness of the day. Not sure why, considering the song is about a late-night DJ, but there it is. It just surprised me by not being as pretentious as I'd feared. Well, "Maxine" was, but apart from that the album was actually kind of fun.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Mountain - Twin Peaks
    I'll see your Mountain Twin Peaks and raise you one Fillmore East (Flowers of Evil). That's a desert Island disc of mine. (I might have mentioned it a few pages back.)
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The Tony Williams Lifetime - Emergency!.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    I'm not really much of a Steely Dan fan. I realize they're excellent musicians and good songwriters but their songs leave me cold, though I do find most of Aja a decent listen. I got a friend of mine (who is an SD fan) the Nightfly album as a Christmas gift last year, and he lent it to me recently because I was curious. I expected it to be the same smooth cocktail hour stuff as "New Frontier" (and the cover gives off such a cool-cat hipster vibe that I just grimace) but it surprised me by being brighter than that. In fact, during the title track, I was walking outside with it on my headphones, and I saw the blue sky, and the music just seemed to fit the gorgeousness of the day. Not sure why, considering the song is about a late-night DJ, but there it is. It just surprised me by not being as pretentious as I'd feared. Well, "Maxine" was, but apart from that the album was actually kind of fun.
    The Nightfly is pretentious?

Marvin Gaye - 'What's Going On'. Haven't heard any of his others, but always love the chill summery mood of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Marvin Gaye - 'What's Going On'. Haven't heard any of his others, but always love the chill summery mood of this one.
    +1
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Vander-Offering 3 & 4.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Ringo Starr and His All-Star Band at Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh last night.