Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Romantic Warriors IV: Krautrock

Damo Suzuki, legendary singer of CAN, has donated 10 LPs to the campaign, signed by him:
    Damo Suzuki & Sound Carriers: Live at Marie-Antoinette, recorded in Berlin, printed in Germany
    Format: Vinyl, Double LP
    Artist: Damo Suzuki & Sound Carriers
    Release date: April 2017
    Band: Tomoko Nakasato, Michael Beckett, Claas Großzeit, Ilpo Väisänen, Dirk Dresselhaus & Damo Suzuki
    Please consider making a contribution at https://igg.me/at/krautrock*
    vkuvdqylmhybp929uqa8.jpg

Today we are announcing the Secret Perk for our PE friends, old and new: Click here to secure your DVD of the upcoming Romantic Warriors 4 - Krautrock Film (Part 1) 20% Off https://bit.ly/2xsVRv6 The Secret Perk is up only for a limited time.

I guess liking Krautrock today makes you a hipster! What about pledging to our campaign and getting this awesome custom, limited edition got Krautrock? T-Shirt? There are I believe 4 or 5 of the listed perks include it! Also, we have a secret perk up: https://bit.ly/2xsVRv6 only until Tuesday. Name of perk: Monoshake: Shhh...the secret's out for you friends this weekend only. You get 20% off the standard contribution for the Limited Edition DVD as a thank you for being an early supporter!

Listen to Doug Curran's statement. Doug is one of our producers, and a progressive rock supporter since the early 70s! Due to his (and our other producers) generous contributions, we have been able to release several films in the series, and we are very grateful to him for this. Join us and spread the word about this campaign, and you will be supporting the absolute most important part of this film: getting it seen by the world. https://igg.me/at/krautrock

Check out this brief excerpt of the film, in which Damo talks about the Damo Suzuki Network, and the Sound Carriers. If you enjoy the idea of a 4-hour Krautrock film, you have a chance to back Part 1 of the project on IndieGoGo here https://igg.me/at/krautrock

Thank you to all PE members who have funded, shared, and gotten involved our “Romantic Warriors IV - Krautrock” campaign! – we are so grateful for your support!

First, we want to keep you posted on what we have accomplished so far: We raised 44% of our goal since last post! Right now, we have 9 days left and we still need to raise $11,000 of the $20,000 that will allow us to complete the film.

Second, we want to emphasize why this movie is unique: the movie tells the story of Krautrock, as told by the musicians whose lives are that story. This movie is therefore not an attempt to duplicate any of other documentations of Krautrock that have appeared before on film.

Watch this short extract of the movie, where Eberhard Kranemann, co-founder of Kraftwerk with Florian Schneider, briefly talks about the beginnings of Kraftwerk.

We are determined to meet and hopefully even exceed our goal, but we can’t do it without you. Please consider making a contribution and pass our campaign https://igg.me/at/krautrock to as many people as you can and help us get the rest of the way there.
    We’re doing this people! Thank you for everything!

Sincerely,
    Jose & Adele

Only 6 days left !!! We have now added to our Krautrock film campaign https://igg.me/at/krautrock a new perk “Gesang der Jünglinge” (named after Stockhausen’s Magnus Opus), which includes the DVD in Limited Edition Digipack autographed by the Directors, PLUS two autographed CDs by Markus Reuter and Bernhard Wöstheinrich’ band Centrozoon, future New Music classics “Blast” and “the cult of: bibbiboo”. Blast is one of the most breathtaking ambient music created in this century. tco:b is filled with beauty intermixed with furious blasts of virtuosity, noise and hypnotically kicking bass drums. Burning Shed said that tco:b is the missing link between Fripp, Stockhausen and Boards Of Canada, and comes beautifully packaged and includes sleeve notes from King Crimson biographer Sid Smith. Centrozoon is Markus & Bernhard's Berlin-based band that was instrumental in inspiring the Krautrock-revival of the early 2000s. The campaign to support the Krautrock film can be accessed here https://igg.me/at/krautrock
    centrozoon-small.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Currently with just five days left to go, we are about one-half of the way towards our $20,000 fund raising goal to complete our new film,
    and we would love for you to be a part of this!!! All PE Friends can NOW access the special “SECRET PERK" Moonshake at https://bit.ly/2xsVRv6
    It includes the film's DVD (All Regions) of the upcoming Romantic Warriors 4 - Krautrock (Part 1) film at 20% Off.

Some of you remember us from our previous film that documented the Canterbury Scene, including Soft Machine, Gong, Caravan, and luminaries such as Daevid Allen, Roy Babbington, Phil Miller, etc. The fourth film of the Progrockumentary series covers the origins, Zeitgeist, and trajectory of the pioneering German experimental & progressive music bands of the 70s emerging from the Hamburg/Düsseldorf/Cologne region, and its influence on contemporary bands. The Krautrock tag covers such a broad spectrum of sounds the only thing some of the bands had in common was a time and a place. The collision of the avant garde, radical politics, electronic innovation and a year zero attitude in 70s West Germany let to some incredible music who’s influence is felt to this day. A second film, slated for late 2019, will cover the Berlin and Munich scenes.
    Bands featured on this film include:

CAN • FAUST • KLUSTER • CLUSTER • KRAFTWERK • FLOH DE COLOGNE • NEU! • LA DÜSSELDORF • JAPANDORF • HARMONIA • KRAUTWERK • ELECTRIC ORANGE • ROBERT RICH & MARKUS REUTER • WUME • DAMO SUZUKI NETWORK

Among some of the various backer perks for the campaign are an autographed
    Demo Suzuki Network album, an awesome custom T-Shirt, and an autographed Malcolm Mooney print of the back cover of his original “Monster Movie”
    album, signed by all original CAN members! Please click here to back our campaign https://igg.me/at/krautrock

Hi Progdocs,
    I am a backer of current campaign and also the previous ones, but I have a little request-
    Can you please tone down the amount of emails that you send?
    I am getting several emails a day, in fact one of my email accounts is 70% from you in the past few weeks (and I am not exaggerating...)
    I am getting each email as a past backer for RW1, then 2, then 3... + Some more (some are addressed personally, others I have no idea where they come from), with a countdown of the days etc etc.
    I am completely for the cause but still, the amount of spam I am getting from this campaign alone is ridiculous...

A COLLECTOR'S ITEM FOR CAN FANS: Miki Karoli's portrait print from the original painting. This piece of exceptional art, of which only 10 will be printed, was created by Malcolm Mooney in 1989, as a show of camaraderie for his band mate. This limited edition 18x24 photo print is hand-signed and numbered by Malcolm Mooney.

Also includes an autographed 18x24 poster of the upcoming 10/2018 Desert Daze festival, designed by John Howard with drawing by Malcolm Mooney, and the autographed 8.5x11 print of the back cover of 1969 “The Can ‎– Monster Movie” 4. And of course, it includes a Limited Edition DVD of the film, signed by Directors. Hurry, only 10 available, claim it here: https://igg.me/at/krautrock
    ipbe4u7kwflzi24na0w8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Hi Progdocs,
    I am a backer of current campaign and also the previous ones, but I have a little request-
    Can you please tone down the amount of emails that you send?
    I am getting several emails a day, in fact one of my email accounts is 70% from you in the past few weeks (and I am not exaggerating...)
    I am getting each email as a past backer for RW1, then 2, then 3... + Some more (some are addressed personally, others I have no idea where they come from), with a countdown of the days etc etc.
    I am completely for the cause but still, the amount of spam I am getting from this campaign alone is ridiculous...
    Because I'm not that much into Krautrock I didn't pledge for this campaign, but as a former backer of previous Romantic Warrior-DVD's I also get multiple emails every day.
    So I'm with you that it can be too much (I know I can unsubscribe, but I'm curious what next DVD they will produce, so that's not an option).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Because I'm not that much into Krautrock I didn't pledge for this campaign, but as a former backer of previous Romantic Warrior-DVD's I also get multiple emails every day.
    So I'm with you that it can be too much (I know I can unsubscribe, but I'm curious what next DVD they will produce, so that's not an option).
    Thanks to flytomars' comment above we have made a few radical changes to minimize the frequency of our communications to our loyal backers, just like you, and to new pledgers as well. Running a campaign on a multiplicity of social networks is tough enough, but consolidating the contact data into a unified dataset across multiple platforms has proven to be just as hard! We’re working to get those sorted out, and I’d like to thank you for your compassion on this issue.

^^Thanks - And good luck with the campaign!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just kicked in $15 so I can stream the doc when it's done. I know that isn't much, but I'm trying to cut back on physical purchases.

Best of luck! Looks like it's getting pretty close...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Best of luck! Looks like it's getting pretty close...
    Our fundraising campaign https://igg.me/at/krautrock for Romantic Warriors 4 - Krautrock (Part 1) has been extended 7 days. With already 190 backers, we are close to the finish line and would love to have you on board....Listen to this new excerpt of the upcoming film, featuring Irmin Schmidt, co-founder of CAN.

Hello everyone,
    Greetings from Adele and José!
    Due to a last minute surge from our supporters this past week Indiegogo granted us an extension until Tuesday, October 16th!
    Thank you all 194 backers, 80% of our goal has been reached!

With only FOUR DAYS LEFT of our campaign, our goal is so close we can almost taste it, and if you haven't shown your love, please do. If you have taken a look already, look again. We've added some new secret perks!

WATCH OUT FOR NEW "SECRET PERKS": We have designed a few awesome, exclusive rewards for you, dear Romantic Warriors! They are called “secret perks” because they are not visible to the public.
    • “got Krautrock? Custom T-Shirt”: the limited edition got Krautrock? t-shirt for just $30 + shipping (that's 25% off!)
    • “Moonshake”: the limited edition DVD Digipack of the film for just $40 + shipping (that's 20% off!)
    • “DVD+T-Shirt Bundle”: the bundle of limited edition DVD of the film and the custom T-Shirt for $65 + shipping (that's 27% off!)
    • “Monster Movie Back Cover Print”: the “Yoo Doo Right” perk for just $20 (and autographed by Malcolm Mooney!) + shipping (that's 33% off!)

About the film:
    The collision of the avant garde, radical politics, electronic innovation and a year-zero attitude in 70s West Germany let to some incredible music who’s influence is felt to this day. The so-called Krautrock genre contributed to the evolution of electronic music, techno, hip hop, ambient music, minimalism and avant-garde.

Romantic Warriors IV – Krautrock (Part 1)
    highlights the following bands:
    CAN • FAUST • KLUSTER • CLUSTER • KRAFTWERK • FLOH DE COLOGNE • NEU! • LA DÜSSELDORF • JAPANDORF • HARMONIA

Part one will focus on bands from the Düsseldorf-Cologne corridor, with part two (release date planned for late 2019) concentrating on bands from the Berlin and Munich scenes.

Shop previous films at www.progdocs.com
    We at Zeitgeist Media have released three films in the series on progressive rock: Romantic Warriors I (2010), Romantic Warriors II - About Rock in Opposition (2012), and Romantic Warriors III – Canterbury Tales (2015), plus the Special Features DVDs "got RIO?" (2013) and "got CANTERBURY?" (2016), which include concerts and curated interviews of the legendary musicians not appearing on the films. These films have been screened and watched by thousands of progressive music fans around the world, contributing to the recent rise of interest in progressive music in this decade.

Connect with us
    Facebook * Twitter * Instagram *
    Zeitgeist Media LLC | 301 Potter Ln, Rockville, MD 20850
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 10-13-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    WATCH OUT FOR NEW "SECRET PERKS":
    The links to the secret perks can be found on this page:
    https://www.progdocs.com/secret-perks/

Quote Originally Posted by Progdocs.com
    Estimated Release Date is January 2019.
    Time is running out Adele.

Quote Originally Posted by Adele Schmidt
    Hi Folks, GREAT NEWS!.... the Krautrock part 1 DVD is being manufactured as we speak, and we will start shipping it out by April 15th.
    Details and pre-order available here.

Banned
    Really looking forward to this - already got my "Got Krautrock" T-shirt which I love. Met José at the Baltimore Soft Machne gig and he was a fine knowledgable gentleman, it seems like they put a lot of work and reasearch into this and I bet he and his comrades did a great job.

The Krautrock part 1 DVD is being manufactured as we speak, and we will start shipping it out by April 15th. Not only can you pre-order the RW IV - Krautrock (part 1) DVD but also the Got Krautrock (1) Special Features DVD (projected ship date May 30th) at https://www.progdocs.com/pre-order Among the musicians of the Krautrock Scene (that were active in the 70s), the following have been interviewed for Part 1: Jean-Hervé Peron, Zappi Diermaier, Malcolm Mooney, Jaki Liebezeit, Damo Suzuki, Irmin Schmidt, Wolfgang Flür, Eberhard Kranemann, Dieter Klemm, Dick Staedler, Theo König, Vridolin Enxing, Michael Rother, Hans Lampe, and Harald Grosskopf.

This is the official trailer of the Part 1 of the Krautrock trilogy:

SAVE THE DATE! Friday, April 19th, 8pm!

SCREENING OF ROMANTIC WARRIORS IV - KRAUTROCK (PART 1)
    at Orion Studios in Baltimore

followed by a performance of the band
    WUME
    featured in the film
    When: Friday, April 19th
    Time: 8pm
    Where: Orion Studios
    2903 Whittington Ave. #3
    Baltimore, MD 21230
    Tickets $20
    Buy tickets here

Dear friends and supporters!

The Krautrock DVD will be released on April 15
    Pre-order discount is ending, get $2 thru $6 off while you still can!
    Only a few days left on savings! Click Here

$2 OFF Romantic Warriors 4 (Part 1) (DVD)
    Shipping Date April 15 (free shipping in the USA only)

$6 OFF when you Pre-Order the Bundle ! Romantic Warriors 4 (Part 1) & Got Krautrock? DVD
    Shipping Date May 30th (free shipping in the USA only)

The fourth film covers the origins, Zeitgeist, and trajectory of the pioneering German progressive music bands of the 70s emerging from the Düsseldorf/Cologne region, and one singular band from Hamburg.
    Featuring:
    CAN, KRAFTWERK, faUSt
    DAMO SUZUKI'S NETWORK
    ELECTRIC ORANGE,
    FLOH DE COLOGNE, JAPANDORF, KRAUTWERK
    LA DÜSSELDORF, NEU!, WUME

Dear friends and supporters!

Wow! The DVDs arrived and are shipping now.
    Pre-order discount ends today,
    Monday, April 15th at noon (US-Eastern Time)
    After that, the DVD will be available
    at the regular retail rate.

Get $2 thru $6 off while you still can!
    Click Here

Bundle ordered. If it isn't Krautrock, it's total and utter Krapp.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson