Thread: KARMIC JUGGERNAUT To Play ProgDay 2018!

KARMIC JUGGERNAUT To Play ProgDay 2018!

KARMIC JUGGERNAUT To Play ProgDay 2018!

"Damn! Just got turned onto this amazing psychedelic progressive jazzy band and am BLOWN AWAY! I’m definitely now a fan and this is also definitely in my Top 10 Of 2018. Shades of King Crimson, Zappa, Mr Bungle, Bigelf, The Mars Volta, Yes... BRAVO"
    - MIKE PORTNOY (Dream Theater, Transatlantic, Winery Dogs, Adrenaline Mob, Sons of Apollo, etc.)

Founded in 2004, KARMIC JUGGERNAUT has spent the past 14 years pursuing the idea of creating music that exists without boundaries, that organically develops based on what a particular tune requires. This has led the band to evolve from an instrumental four piece outfit to a vocal 6 piece, with a further extended ensemble when required. The result is a collection of eclectic music that combines elements of psychedelic rock, symphonic rock, funk, jazz, blues, jamband, world music, and whatever other genres might be appropriate at the time.

Ultimately the band’s website tags its music as “Progressive Freakout Fusion Rock.” That sounds about right to us…

Join KARMIC JUGGERNAUT, ALEC K. REDFEARN & THE EYESORES, FERNANDO PERDOMO & THE OUT TO SEA BAND, PIXIE NINJA and SOFTEN THE GLARE for the twenty-fourth edition of ProgDay. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 2018 will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 1st and 2nd, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Three more bands to be announced. For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music page (http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

Thanks.

Michael

Grand!!!

Nice, sort of this years bubblemath/Out of the beardspace mashup.
    They have theremin!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

And it continues...

G'Evening -

Yessir! This year is shaping up VERY nicely!

Thank You Band Selection bunch.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Very good band. Had not realized they had been at it that long!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

While it's an older instrumental tune with a slightly different lineup, be sure to check out "Transgressions" which pops up as an option on the video after Frunobulax plays.

Also, for those who notice, yes, the band's bass player is Cody McCorry who also plays in Thank You Scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    Also, for those who notice, yes, the band's bass player is Cody McCorry who also plays in Thank You Scientist.
    Based on my hearing their latest album - which is all I know (and thank you Ken Golden for telling me about them), TYS is a good beginning comparison point for those who wonder what they sound like.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Pretty tasty! The singer reminds me of the dude from The Mars Volta, and I see that's one of the bands Portnoy references. I never really thought about TMV as an influence on a band like Thank You Scientist, but I guess may be. Pretty cool that they've become an influence on newer bands (even if they often gave me a headache!).

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    While it's an older instrumental tune with a slightly different lineup, be sure to check out "Transgressions" which pops up as an option on the video after Frunobulax plays.

I knew I recognized him from somewhere, but never made the connection.

After watching the video for Transgressions i came to the conclusion they will be perfect for Storybook, or my next camping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    After watching the video for Transgressions i came to the conclusion they will be perfect for Storybook, or my next camping trip.
    I love this tune, though I'm not sure why I characterized it as instrumental - it clearly isn't. I wish there was a released version of this song, but so far it hasn't appeared on any of their recordings. I'm hoping a version of it pops up in their ProgDay set, but it probably won't.

That was the best thing I’ve heard in a long time! Whoa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk