Page 236 of 397 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 9911

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    For you sci-fi fans with Netflix: Stowaway

I liked it, but there seemed to me to be some plot holes and obviously inaccurate choices near the end that perhaps I just missed the explanation for. To be specific would require spoilers, so I'll wait a bit before asking.

We saw “Together Together” yesterday afternoon. It was a cute film and my wife and I both liked it. On the surface it looks like a Rom Com, but the film is a unique take on the genre and that is not really what it is. At first I did not really like the ending, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. Anyway, it is a cool little film.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge
    Just watched: Hired Gun

I found this 2016 documentary on Tubi (via Roku).
    Thanks for the instructions on how to find the movie. We watched Hired Gun yesterday and quite enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Thanks for the instructions on how to find the movie. We watched Hired Gun yesterday and quite enjoyed it.
    Right on!

Tonight we watched Another Round, a Danish film about four friends in the 40-50ish range who decide to try and keep their blood alcohol level at a steady but workable rate throughout the work day to see if it improves their lives. It's a comedy-drama, but mostly drama. Absolutely beautiful film. I loved it.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Tonight we watched Another Round, a Danish film about four friends in the 40-50ish range who decide to try and keep their blood alcohol level at a steady but workable rate throughout the work day to see if it improves their lives. It's a comedy-drama, but mostly drama. Absolutely beautiful film. I loved it.

Great movie!

Won best foreign film
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    We watched The Father tonight. We'll deserved Oscar for Anthony.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Love and Monsters. Caught this one while browsing and figured I'd give it a whirl. This surprised the hell out of me! Kind of like a Tremors/Zombieland hybrid. Very fun adventure/monster flick with a lot of heart and some good laughs thrown in along the way. From the Stranger Things crew.

8 out of 10 atomic creepy crawlers.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Saw Academy Award winner "Nomadland" over the weekend. It was very good, although not sure that I would say it is best picture of the year good. It almost plays like a documentary in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Love and Monsters... Kind of like a Tremors/Zombieland hybrid. Very fun adventure/monster flick with a lot of heart and some good laughs thrown in along the way. From the Stranger Things crew.
    Definitely up my alley as I really liked Tremors and love Zombieland.

What's it on?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    We rented on Amazon.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

We saw Another Round. A dark descent and yet, the most uplifting ending I've seen in ages.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We saw Another Round. A dark descent and yet, the most uplifting ending I've seen in ages.
    Agreed, I really loved that. I see that Leonardo Di Caprio wants to remake it as an American version. I like him well enough, but no thanks. There's no way it will be as good as the original.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Saw Guy Richie's new film "Wrath Of Man" in IMAX yesterday. It was much better than I was expecting it to be and I ended up really enjoying it. The film has a great cast and a good story. At the end enough things left unanswered for a sequel. I dug it.

I saw a doc last night on Rock N Roll comics. They were a small indie comic that came out in the black and white glut days of comics. They made unauthorized comics on Pink Floyd, Kiss, etc. I never bought any of their comics because I always thought their comics looked amateurish and never cared that much for the bands they covered, however, I remembered them and wondered what the doc was about. You can watch it free, but the only place I have found where to watch it was on Roku thru their YuYu channel or online here.

Underwater with Kristen Stewart, underwater mix of Alien and The Abyss. Some scenes were way to murky and too much camera shaking to tell what was going on for me. Otherwise okay watch, HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I saw a doc last night on Rock N Roll comics. They were a small indie comic that came out in the black and white glut days of comics. They made unauthorized comics on Pink Floyd, Kiss, etc. I never bought any of their comics because I always thought their comics looked amateurish and never cared that much for the bands they covered, however, I remembered them and wondered what the doc was about. You can watch it free, but the only place I have found where to watch it was on Roku thru their YuYu channel or online here.
    Unauthorized and Proud of It — nice! Thanks for the tip. I had to stop watching it with thirty minutes to go. I'll finish it today. Talk about a flashback! I met one of the guys who worked for Todd at Comic Con — way, way back in '90, when Revolutionary was barely a year old. Their output was trash, but it was amusing trash. It was hilarious to hear the booth rep tell us (upon learning we were massive Rush fans) that "the upcoming Rush comic has a good story, you'll like it"!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Unauthorized and Proud of It — nice! Thanks for the tip. I had to stop watching it with thirty minutes to go. I'll finish it today. Talk about a flashback! I met one of the guys who worked for Todd at Comic Con — way, way back in '90, when Revolutionary was barely a year old. Their output was trash, but it was amusing trash. It was hilarious to hear the booth rep tell us (upon learning we were massive Rush fans) that "the upcoming Rush comic has a good story, you'll like it"!
    I actually know a guy, couple, I met him thru his wife when she was single. But they were both comic fans and live in NYC. His name is Mitch Waxman and is credited at the end of the film. He didn't even know they'd made a movie about it. I asked him which comic he'd worked on and he said Kiss. I think there were several Kiss comics however. Anyway, I asked him if he'd gotten paid, and he said no. :P

I actually know a guy, couple, I met him thru his wife when she was single. But they were both comic fans and live in NYC. His name is Mitch Waxman and is credited at the end of the film. He didn't even know they'd made a movie about it. I asked him which comic he'd worked on and he said Kiss. I think there were several Kiss comics however. Anyway, I asked him if he'd gotten paid, and he said no. :P
    Wasn't Mitch the guy who cold-pitched Todd, which resulted in his commissioning the KISS comic?

Cue the story about Todd's "rubber stamp contract" (on the back of the paychecks)...!! Sign away your rights, guys...for-EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Wasn't Mitch the guy who cold-pitched Todd, which resulted in his commissioning the KISS comic?
    I don't know about that, however, he said he got his revenge, but I'll have to ask him what he meant. I asked, but he never answered me.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Watched Hidden (2015) last night. Starred Alexander Skarsgård. Pretty good horror/sci-fi flick that seemed to me like somewhat of a precursor to A Quiet Place (2018).

We saw this in the theater yesterday. It was different, but nothing spectacular. Good cast, pretty good story. Probably not worth going to the theater for, but maybe worth catching on TV.

I don't know about that, however, he said he got his revenge, but I'll have to ask him what he meant. I asked, but he never answered me.
    Finished it. Damn, that was good. That phone convo with Gene Simmons was hilarious. He's the poster boy for commercial opportunism — but he did wear the RnRComics shirt, which they proudly proclaimed on the order form page.

And the late Noel Redding ("the bassist, who was living in Ireland") actually contacted them to say the Jimi Hendrix comic was great...wow. Maybe he just loved the bit with Cynthia Plaster Caster!

We rewatched this over-the-top 80s gem the other night on Prime.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We rewatched this over-the-top 80s gem the other night on Prime.

Brilliant stuff. A perfect of low budget but highly entertaining filmmaking.

How can you not love a movie where the alien likes to drive red Ferrari's really fast, and stuff his face with junk food?

Great action scenes, good acting, silly stuff in some ways but you just have to go with it.