Page 305 of 397 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 9911

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Forbidden World

Roger Corman produced, ridiculous, trashy, low budget rip-off of Alien. The creature is hilariously awful and all the movie's flaws are a joy to point out with pals. Terrible stuff yet totally fun...and boobs. Stars June Chadwick who we all know from Spinal Tap
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Forbidden World

Roger Corman produced, ridiculous, trashy, low budget rip-off of Alien. The creature is hilariously awful and all the movie's flaws are a joy to point out with pals. Terrible stuff yet totally fun...and boobs. Stars June Chadwick who we all know from Spinal Tap
    ...and Dawn Dunlap. Yeah, I like that one.

I saw Nope. Too long for me, and really not "scary". Clever with metaphors/symbolism/etc but at the end of the day I need something great to watch. Also WAAAAAY too loud in this stadium seating theatre.

Little known British film from 1976.

The Poseidon Adventure--early disaster picture with big cast.

Locke (2014). Stars Tom Hardy, Olvia Colman, Ruth Wilson and a pre-Webhead Tom Holland.

Think a movie that takes place entirely "inside a car" for 85 minutes won't be interesting? Think again.

Hardy plays a successful concrete foreman named Ivan Locke who, on the eve of the "biggest pour in Europe" outside a job for government/military, tries to ensure the operation runs smoothly in absentia by enabling his primary subordinate to check everything over (and to try to keep him from drinking while doing so).

Throughout the night drive (and movie), Locke also tries to salvage his marriage as well as his job. Why? You'll have to watch the film.

Tom Hardy was writer-director Steven Knight's first and only choice for the role of Ivan Locke.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Locke (2014)
    Here's an interesting coincidence: "Painter" reviewed that movie four years ago – to the day.

I watched it right after that and I found it compelling.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Locke (2014). Stars Tom Hardy, Olvia Colman, Ruth Wilson and a pre-Webhead Tom Holland.

Think a movie that takes place entirely "inside a car" for 85 minutes won't be interesting? Think again.

Hardy plays a successful concrete foreman named Ivan Locke who, on the eve of the "biggest pour in Europe" outside a job for government/military, tries to ensure the operation runs smoothly in absentia by enabling his primary subordinate to check everything over (and to try to keep him from drinking while doing so).

Throughout the night drive (and movie), Locke also tries to salvage his marriage as well as his job. Why? You'll have to watch the film.

Tom Hardy was writer-director Steven Knight's first and only choice for the role of Ivan Locke.

I want to check this out. Reminds me...Have you seen the netflix original movie Wheelman from 2017? It's about a getaway driver for a bank robbery that is double-crossed. The whole movie is him in the car trying to get to his family and find who set him up. Low budget, but pretty damn solid! Really enjoyed it. I actually read that it holds a record for amount of "fuck"s ever said in a narrative film

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Here's an interesting coincidence: "Painter" reviewed that movie four years ago – to the day.

No kidding!? Sweet.

I want to check this out. Reminds me...Have you seen the netflix original movie Wheelman from 2017? It's about a getaway driver for a bank robbery that is double-crossed. The whole movie is him in the car trying to get to his family and find who set him up. Low budget, but pretty damn solid! Really enjoyed it. I actually read that it holds a record for amount of "fuck"s ever said in a narrative film
    I haven't seen it, but now I want to.

The most f-bombs, eh? I'm surprised Jay Mewes hasn't recommended it.

That was quite an entertaining film!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

I saw this movie when it was new and have been looking for it on dvd lately, but had forgotten the name of it. Thanks for the reminder.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

Wow. That's something
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Two flicks I enjoyed greatly. Last Night In Soho, a supernatural thing and Blue Bayou, a totally sad movie that's based upon real crap that our governments and people do. I highly suggest watching both.

Matt Smith is the bad guy in Soho and I can't wait to see him be evil in the GOT prequel coming up. So nice and crazy as Dr. Who, he's not doing nice right now.
    Bayou is heart wrenching. It would take too much space so I'm gonna leave this as just frakking watch it.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Watched the latest Predator movie Prey, pretty good, I liked the lead.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Last Night In Soho
    This was recommended to me recently. Heard it was very good. Thanks for the reminder...may hit it tonight.

Galaxy of Terror

Another Roger Corman production. I find these cheesy 80's sci/fi horrors so much fun. I mean cmon, a giant maggot rapes a woman in this Some pretty recognizable faces in Erin Moran, Grace Zabriskie, Robert Englund, Sid Haig and Mr. Hand! I think James Cameron was involved too. Ridiculous, late night bliss

I watched Halloween H20 last night....not horrendous. I've only seen 3, 4, and this one besides the two old classics and the two new ones. Michael's mask in H20 was pathetic though....c'mon!

This was recommended to me recently. Heard it was very good. Thanks for the reminder...may hit it tonight.

Galaxy of Terror

Another Roger Corman production. I find these cheesy 80's sci/fi horrors so much fun. I mean cmon, a giant maggot rapes a woman in this Some pretty recognizable faces in Erin Moran, Grace Zabriskie, Robert Englund, Sid Haig and Mr. Hand! I think James Cameron was involved too. Ridiculous, late night bliss
    Yeah! Now you have to watch Laserblast with Roddy McDowall and Rainbeaux Smith.

Yeah! Now you have to watch Laserblast with Roddy McDowall and Rainbeaux Smith.
    Now I will!

Slightly off topic, but the Back To The Future musical comes to Broadway next year.

I saw it twice in London over the last few weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Technically it's superb and very cleverly put together. There is good use of transparent digital screens both front and back of the stage that really help to give movement to the Delorean.

They hit most of those famous 'beats' that we all know and love and indeed expect, though there are obviously some changes. One moment will have people losing their shit, I guarantee...

Roger Bart was Doc Brown when I first saw it and he was an absolute riot. The actors playing Marty, Jennifer and George McFly are very good, I just wasn't too keen on the guy playing Biff.

Choreography is excellent, though the songs don't stand out as they should. But I enjoyed them more second time round.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Watched the latest Predator movie Prey, pretty good, I liked the lead.
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one.
    Its dreadful

It's basically a remake except its Indians from the 1700s vs Pred instead of 1980s soldiers in the jungle vs Pred.

None of it made sense to me

Imagine bows and arrows and a little tomahawk from a teenage girl kicking Preds ass
    Last edited by nosebone; 08-09-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Moonfall - Saving the earth from the moon out of orbit. It is one of the most far fetched movies I've ever seen and cheesy lines. I think most people would view this as garbage. For me, totally enjoyed it and the characters.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I watched Grizzly from like 1976. Like Jaws of the woods. Pretty bad but enjoyable.

A random YouTube video reminded me today of the existence of the 2019 Brad Pitt vehicle Ad Astra. I remember being excited ahead of time because I'd read it had car chases on the moon and a scene where Pitt fights a chimp in zero gravity. While those were indeed there, the overall tone was much slower and more thoughtful than I'd expected (the climax was Pitt having a thoughtful conversation with his father). I love slow thoughtful sci-fi (big Stalker and Solaris fan) but my thought at the time was that it had a little too much nutty space action to work as an art film and a little too much slow contemplation to work as a nutty space action film. I'm wondering now if I underrated it. Does anyone remember this film and/or have passionate feelings about it?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It was waaay too slow for me, the whole second half seemed to take forever.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.