Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Watched Seth Mcfarlane's Ted. Opening with the Bear smoking a bong. That sets the tone for really enjoyble comedy.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Watched Seth Mcfarlane's Ted. Opening with the Bear smoking a bong. That sets the tone for really enjoyble comedy.
    I thought Ted was pretty good. It didn't blow me away, but agree it was enjoyable.

Anyone seen Irresistible yet? We'd really like to, but are unwilling to plump for $19.99 to watch a movie at home.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Is that a pay-per-view fee, or the cost of the dvd? Until now, I hadn't heard of Irresistible.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

The way I understand it, the movie is seeing only limited release in theatres, most likely because of the coronavirus, and is at the same time being offered as a VOD, at the $19.99 price point. I think it's for a single viewing, but I'm not sure.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Thanks. I know very few films are being released while the virus has the movie theaters closed (they're closed here). When something does come out, I just have to guess the format and venue. $20 does seem steep to see a movie one time, anywhere.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Typically they are $20 when they first appear on my streaming services but drop to atound $5 a few weeks after that. I usually wait for the $5.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I still need to see that. I hear they spend a lot of time riffing on Flash Gordon.

One of the theater chains is set to reopen in July. Sounds crazy to me.

Mother (2009 Korea), written and directed by Bong Joon Ho (Parasite). A boy considered a "retard" in his town is accused of a girl's murder. His doting mother must try to prove him innocent.

For those of you with HBO, three movies I've been wanting to see have just been added: Ad Astra, Doctor Sleep, and Ford vs Ferrari.
    I never drink water. Fish fuck in it. - W. C. Fields

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    For those of you with HBO, three movies I've been wanting to see have just been added: Ad Astra, Doctor Sleep, and Ford vs Ferrari.
    Ford vs Ferrari is very good, nice performances all round. Ad Astra is very very slow with very little happening at all. Brad Pitt does stoic the entire movie.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ford vs Ferrari is very good, nice performances all round. Ad Astra is very very slow with very little happening at all. Brad Pitt does stoic the entire movie.
    Agree Ford V Ferrari is great. I saw it in a theater, so not sure how well it will transfer to the small screen, but I totally dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I still need to see that. I hear they spend a lot of time riffing on Flash Gordon.
    I thought DC did The Crisis to set everything straight but alas, my crows tell me they are making a Flash movie that doesn't tie into the mythology of the Arrowverse they have set up in all their shows. I guess they just can't get it right but I don't care, it's all stupid to me but for some reason, I watch it. Even the new nonsense Stargirl. Damn that Legends show. I never intended to watch comic books.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

HODOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Thanks. Want to see Dr. Sleep and the others, well, lets see what happens. I'm so not a car guy but I do think I'll enjoy FvF.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

HODOR!