Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Watched Seth Mcfarlane's Ted. Opening with the Bear smoking a bong. That sets the tone for really enjoyble comedy.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Watched Seth Mcfarlane's Ted. Opening with the Bear smoking a bong. That sets the tone for really enjoyble comedy.
    I thought Ted was pretty good. It didn't blow me away, but agree it was enjoyable.

Anyone seen Irresistible yet? We'd really like to, but are unwilling to plump for $19.99 to watch a movie at home.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Is that a pay-per-view fee, or the cost of the dvd? Until now, I hadn't heard of Irresistible.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

The way I understand it, the movie is seeing only limited release in theatres, most likely because of the coronavirus, and is at the same time being offered as a VOD, at the $19.99 price point. I think it's for a single viewing, but I'm not sure.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Thanks. I know very few films are being released while the virus has the movie theaters closed (they're closed here). When something does come out, I just have to guess the format and venue. $20 does seem steep to see a movie one time, anywhere.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Typically they are $20 when they first appear on my streaming services but drop to atound $5 a few weeks after that. I usually wait for the $5.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I still need to see that. I hear they spend a lot of time riffing on Flash Gordon.

One of the theater chains is set to reopen in July. Sounds crazy to me.

Mother (2009 Korea), written and directed by Bong Joon Ho (Parasite). A boy considered a "retard" in his town is accused of a girl's murder. His doting mother must try to prove him innocent.