Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Kentucky Fried Movie (1978)

Could NOT get away with this anymore! One of the original satire films. Directed by John Landis
    I'm not sure what you mean by "original satire films" since satirical films had been around for decades by then.

But yeah, there's stuff in that movie they probably wouldn't let you do now.

"You'll be scared SHITLESS by That's Armageddon!"

Don't forget: Big Jim Slade!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Kentucky Fried Movie (1978)

Could NOT get away with this anymore! One of the original satire films. Directed by John Landis
    And written by the same guys who made Airplane! and Police Squad! Yeah, there are a lot of things in it that are offensive.

I saw KFM at the drive-in when it was first released, part of a double feature with The Groove Tube.

My favorite bits are "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble" (the chick getting plowed in the shower kills me), the commercial for the board game "Scot Free", the commercial for United Appeal for the Dead (Henry Gibson at his deadpan best), and "Eyewitness News" (with the young couple making out on the couch). Of course, the movie "A Fistful of Yen" is pretty good, too.
    I never drink water. Fish fuck in it. - W. C. Fields