Page 373 of 389 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 9714

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Mannequin Andrew McCarthy
    I ran into a McCarthy episode on one of the Tales of the Crypt. I never saw those back in the day off HBO. Someone has posted a bunch of them on YT if interested. Fun to see some of those actors again.

In the mood for a Nicholis Cage villian at his most unhinged over the top level? Then , Sympathy For The Devil is just the ticket. Cage hijacks a man trying to get to his wifes hospital child birth ala Cruise in Collateral and mahem ensues. This picture was a piss. What seems to be a straight forward stoyline , really isn't with a prety cool surprise twist. Violent signature Cage , who's always fun to watch. The choice of music was great , I'll be trying to get some of it , the soundtrach just has the score unfortunitly. Multiple thumbs and toes up.

LBJ--Rob Reiner film starring Woody Harrelson in the titular role. I caught it off the Roku app. Pretty decent, tho, not as good as perhaps a few other presidental movies, but then, it takes on a different perspective. It's more homespun in some ways, yet highlights the areas that need to be highlighted, along with his rise and accomplishments, frailties, surly nature, etc. Overall pretty decent.

Yesterday's double feature: Escape From New York and The Thing. Apparently I was in a John Carpenter/Kurt Russell mood.

So, two questions:

1. Who was cooler? Snake Plisskin or McCready?

2. In The Thing, the movie ends with McCready and Childs being the only two characters left alive. Does anyone else think either is infected?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yesterday's double feature: Escape From New York and The Thing. Apparently I was in a John Carpenter/Kurt Russell mood.

So, two questions:

2. In The Thing, the movie ends with McCready and Childs being the only two characters left alive. Does anyone else think either is infected?
    1, Snake but only by a whisker

2. John Carpener has confirmed that yes, one of them is infected but he's not telling which one
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    1, Snake but only by a whisker
    I see what you did there.

2. John Carpener has confirmed that yes, one of them is infected but he's not telling which one
    Huh. I had never heard that.

Well, that makes it obvious to me that it's Childs.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

So, two questions:

Ha! I just watched my collectors edition 4K of Escape From New York last night. Looks amazing and sounds great. Fun, gritty, campy, early 80's sci/fi...what a cast! Love this movie. My 4K of The Thing (probably my favorite movie of all time) will hit the screen later in the winter

I'll say McCReady is cooler, but only because he isn't wearing those tight white striped pants and I'm going with neither of them being infected.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

IIRC, at the end of The Thing the music comes in focusing on Childs which is why I always thought it was him. It can't be Kurt as he's the main character, right?

Still some of the best practical FX ever done. If I saw that movie for the first time tonight I'd be terrified just like I was a a teen.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Unhinged--Amazon Prime, road rage film, which isn't a new topic, starred Russell Crowe, still worth a watch.

I need to watch The Thing again. Such a great winter film.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Saw “Napoleon” at the theater yesterday. It was not as good as I had hoped it would be, but I did enjoy it a lot. The film follows Napoleon’s life from the French Revolution through his death on Saint Helena Island at the age of 51. Jaquin Pheonix is ok as Napoleon, but I don’t think this will be looked back on as one of his great roles. The movie spends a lot of time with his relationship to Josephene. Overall, the movie is relatively historical accurate although there are a few liberties and exaggerations taken. The battle scenes are extremely well done, especially the battle of Waterloo where Napoleon meets his final defeat. The film is more than 3 hours long and apparently director Ridley Scott has also made a 4.5-hour long director’s cut that will eventually see the light of day. Overall, it is a good, but not great movie IMO. I will give it 6 out of 10. I would be interested to hear others thoughts on this film if anyone goes to see it.

The Lobster--I'd added this movie and taken it off my queue list many times due to the synopsis of the film. I finally gave it a go last night and enjoyed it. Weirdness does prevail, but I enjoyed it for being non-traditional Hollywood filmmaking. on Max

I finally got around to watching Mandy the other night. Wacky. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I finally got around to watching Mandy the other night. Wacky. I liked it.
    Did she come and give without taking?

Nah. She just farted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Nah. She just farted.
    Come on now....you know women don't fart. Their mouths are never closed long enough to build up any pressure!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Come on now....you know women don't fart. Their mouths are never closed long enough to build up any pressure!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Watched a new movie , The Holdovers , based on very positive critic reviews. It is a very well done comedic drama headed by Paul Giamatti and an excellent supporting cast. Funny where it wants to be and emotional as well. Great writing and great look of the late 60s. Its enjoyable for me to run across a good movie whose plot obeys the laws of physics. I was going to say nothing blows up but realized thats not correct. Something does indeed blow up. One point in the ad campaign is this movie is the first time in 20 years that Giamatti and whomever the director of Sideways is have reunited in a film project , if that matters to you. But all in all , quite a good flick.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Watched a new movie , The Holdovers , based on very positive critic reviews. It is a very well done comedic drama headed by Paul Giamatti and an excellent supporting cast. Funny where it wants to be and emotional as well. Great writing and great look of the late 60s. Its enjoyable for me to run across a good movie whose plot obeys the laws of physics. I was going to say nothing blows up but realized thats not correct. Something does indeed blow up. One point in the ad campaign is this movie is the first time in 20 years that Giamatti and whomever the director of Sideways is have reunited in a film project , if that matters to you. But all in all , quite a good flick.
    Good to hear. That one is on our list to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Their mouths are never closed long enough to build up any pressure!
    My ex made a comment to me, once, about how much I talked. Too much, in her mind. I just looked at her and said, "six hours."
    She said, "what?"
    I said, "six hours."
    She said, "what does that mean?"
    I said, "that trip we made to Columbia, Missouri, to visit your friend Vicki, took us nine hours. You talked for six."

For the remainder of our marriage (10+ years), she never made another comment about how much I talked. I suspect her real issue with me was that if I was talking, she couldn't.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I think I'll take my wife to see Napoleon this weekend. I'm a big fan, like many, of Ridely Scott.

For rentals, I have Significant Others and Sanctuary. The descriptions on the back of the DVD's looks interesting.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I think I'll take my wife to see Napoleon this weekend. I'm a big fan, like many, of Ridely Scott.

For rentals, I have Significant Others and Sanctuary. The descriptions on the back of the DVD's looks interesting.
    You still have a DVD rental store near you??

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    You still have a DVD rental store near you??
    Movies & Stuff - about a 10 minute drive from my house!

Saw “The Holdovers” this evening at the theater. Really enjoyable film with a great cast. Recommended.