Page 252 of 397 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 9904

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Bob Ross : Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed

Who the hell isn't a fan of Bob Ross? I don't know of anyone nor do I want to A decent doc, but also frustrating (although not surprising) how his name was taken advantage of. Shame on these people. My mom (RIP) was an artist and absolutely adored him.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Just finished this last night. it's discussed a bit over in the TV thread. Loved it! Weird as hell and I always appreciate that...hope they do another season.
    Okay thanks I'll go take a look.

Junglestars Daniel Radcliffe and others, about some travelers that decide to travel further into the jungles of Bolivia with a guide. Supposedly taken from a real event. The first half was a bit too Hollywood, or corny in parts, but the latter half was interesting. physical disc at Nflix

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me--free over at Youtube

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds - Enjoyed it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Little Monsters (2019). Stars Lupito Nyong'o, Alexander England, and Josh Gad. "A film dedicated to all the kindergarten teachers who motivate children to learn, instill them with confidence and stop them from being devoured by zombies." That's what Hulu's blurb says. It's really about an out of work guitarist (England) who's irresponsible and ill mannered, fights all the time with his girlfriend, breaks up with her, crashes on his sister's couch, and is a bad influence on his kindergarten-aged nephew whose teacher is Lupito Nyong'o. Oh, and zombies. There's nothing special about the movie, really, but was funny at times and enjoyable.

News of the World (2020). Tom Hanks plays a Civil War veteran who goes from town to town in Texas during Reconstruction (iirc) reading stories from newspapers to groups of people. He finds a girl who's been raised by Native Americans and ends up taking her to her aunt & uncle, the only family she has left. It's more or less a paint by numbers western with a story that is essentially The Searchers in reverse. It wasn't bad but it didn't bowl me over, either. The ending was sweet, tho, and for that reason, I'd recommend it.

Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies (2020). On Hulu. "A definitive documentary on the history of nudity in the movies, beginning with the silent movie era through present day, examining the changes in morality that led to the use of nudity in film." Interesting doc. And yes there's plenty of flesh, you lechers.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds - Enjoyed it.
    We saw it in IMAX a week or so ago. Agree, enjoyable movie.

My wife is out of town so decided to watch “The Wolf Of Wall Street” for the first time ever last night. I love most Martin Scorsese films, but for some reason I never saw this one. It was long, but I really enjoyed it better than I thought I would.

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Bird Box--I heard Stephen King speak of this one in an interview, and although it has a ridiculous premise, it's handled pretty well and reminded me of one of his stories. NFLX streaming

The Mist series--I'd seen the movies some years ago, but the series takes it in a slightly different direction. Pretty interesting. NFLX streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Bird Box--I heard Stephen King speak of this one in an interview, and although it has a ridiculous premise, it's handled pretty well and reminded me of one of his stories. NFLX streaming

The Mist series--I'd seen the movies some years ago, but the series takes it in a slightly different direction. Pretty interesting. NFLX streaming.
    I had mixed feelings about "Bird Box". Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.

Watched this documentary on Prime the other day. Whether or not you are a Val Kilmer fan, this film does give a pretty fascinating insight into the workings of Hollywood from behind the scenes. Kilmer bought a video camera way back when they first came out and documented much of his life. I found it quite interesting.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Always enjoyed Kilmer's roles. I would love to see that documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Always enjoyed Kilmer's roles. I would love to see that documentary.
    I watched it on Amazon Prime, not sure if it available on other services or not.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I watched it on Amazon Prime, not sure if it available on other services or not.
    Thanks. Us poor folks gotta wait for it to hit the budget theater (which won't happen with a documentary) or DVD. Thanks for letting me know it exists, though. Will make it easier to find.

Kilmer was incredible as Jim Morrison. And I liked him in Real Genius, Heat, and Tombstone as Doc Holliday. At some point, however, his choice of movies - or movies he was offered - became suspect. Beginning in 2002, he's made 20 direct-to-video movies. Not a good sign.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Kate

On Netflix. Female assassin is poisoned and has 24 hours to exact her revenge. Tons of action and bloody violence. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars as the lead, and
    gets her ass beat up one side and down the other throughout. Woody Harrelson is also in this as her mentor. Klonk, you need to see this! A lot of fun.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Kilmer was incredible as Jim Morrison. And I liked him in Real Genius, Heat, and Tombstone as Doc Holliday. At some point, however, his choice of movies - or movies he was offered - became suspect. Beginning in 2002, he's made 20 direct-to-video movies. Not a good sign.
    In the doc it talks about he became an actor who was labeled “difficult” to work with. He does not see it that way and claims that his latter-day film choices were done for artistic reasons, but not sure that I’m buying that. Of course, he had throat cancer several years ago and is not in the best of shape these days.

The film maker found that Kilmer had over 800 hours of video Kilmer had shot over the years including backstage stuff with most of his well known films.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Thanks. Us poor folks gotta wait for it to hit the budget theater (which won't happen with a documentary) or DVD. Thanks for letting me know it exists, though. Will make it easier to find.
    Apparently it did have a limited theatrical release at some point, but I never saw it around here.

One of Kilmer's better late-period movies is the 2005 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey Jr.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    One of Kilmer's better late-period movies is the 2005 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey Jr.
    This one is a great movie.

Malignant (2021) streams on HBO Max. I thought it was one of Wan's better films lately. It's sort of an updated giallo, slasher, mystery. With horror films I guess one should suspend their belief and expect a few plot holes, no exception here, but it was entertaining and done well.

Is nobody interest in the clip I posted on the Matrix reboot? I'm definitely going to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Malignant (2021) streams on HBO Max. I thought it was one of Wan's better films lately. It's sort of an updated giallo, slasher, mystery. With horror films I guess one should suspend their belief and expect a few plot holes, no exception here, but it was entertaining and done well.
    I was curious about that one. May have to check it out.

We saw the Aretha Franklin biopic “Respect” yesterday. I enjoyed but thought they could have cut some out of it and made it a better film as it was quite long at 2.5 hours. Jennifer Hudson did an amazing job, and the rest of the cast was all good. There were a few kind of clunky scenes that I thought could have been directed / acted better. Overall, it was a good, but not great biopic.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Is nobody interest in the clip I posted on the Matrix reboot? I'm definitely going to see it!
    I just watched it. I was pretty indifferent to the trilogy. I thought they should have stopped at the first movie. The 2nd and 3rd movies to me were just an elongated regurgitation of that one, and didn't really add too much to the story for me. I'm not even sure I understood the conclusion to it, Spoilers: other than the machines overthrew the human race. There was too much kung fu action and bullets flying for me, and not enough story. I might see or stream the 4th movie if it gets pretty good reviews. It would be interesting if they went further into Reeves character ie. was he crazy, was it real, or just a mental break. From the trailer though, it looks like they are going to reprise what the trilogy did.