Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    The Protege (2021) - very decent action flick, starring a middle aged (but hot, because Hollywood) actress and two senior citizen (but handsome, because Hollywood) actors (Maggie Q, Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson). The wife (jokingly) confused this title with The Prodigy, which is something else entirely. The actors here all play expert assassins, and the reason to watch is more the actors' performances than the action-scene choreography or story, although there is plenty of predictable and commendable action and fun. I liked it. Wife fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerol
    I watched Jungle Cruise off Disney+. Escapist family-oriented fantasy but well done. It's inspired by the old Disneyland ride and it rides the template of the first Pirates of the Caribbean pretty hard, especially in the action scenes and the fantasy/supernatural element. But it never insulted my intelligence and was a great escape.
    Good to know. We will be seeing that as soon as the library gets it in on disc. I was wondering how a movie based on a Disneyland ride I went on as a kid could be good entertainment. Escapist fun is fine by me, as long as it's not too dumb (see video above).

Bruised

On Netflix. Halle Berry stars as a MMA fighter who suffers a humiliating defeat and then begins a lengthy downward spiral. When her previously abandoned 6 year old son
    shows up at her apartment with no other living family, she is forced to take him in. Reluctantly. Thus begins the oh so slow climb back to life, as well as the ring.

This one is dark! Definitely not a feel good film! Berry is excellent throughout. A bit long at a little over two hours, but worth the time if you are up for a somber film.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence