Page 209 of 398 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 9926

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I thought it was well done. True, pulled no punches but I think David was presented in a positive light.

Agreed!

If you get a chance, check out Crosby's LIghthouse band in concert from last year.

It's stunning!

no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice stuff, thanks
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The new Borat Subsequent moviefilm on Prime....OMG the scenes with Pence and Guiliani are must-see! Not as good as the original but still insane.

Anyone have experience with an LG Blu-Ray player that also has the ability to download streaming service apps?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

^^yeah, been listening to Crosby's last CD I picked up which is Croz. It's pretty good. I haven't check out if he's done anything after that, but I plan on looking into it.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Agreed!

If you get a chance, check out Crosby's LIghthouse band in concert from last year.

It's stunning!

I'll have to pick this up. Thanks for the tip/link.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I have a question for you gentlemen. What is the most disturbing movie you've ever seen? For me, Saving Private Ryan. Can't ever bring myself to watch the opening scene.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Seven
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Elephant Man and Schindler's List are two great movies that disturbed me such that I can never them watch again.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I have a question for you gentlemen. What is the most disturbing movie you've ever seen? For me, Saving Private Ryan. Can't ever bring myself to watch the opening scene.
    Irréversible would be high on the list for sure. Not far behind would be Funny Games, Audition, A Serbian Film, and the all time cult classic Salň.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Most disturbing scene: in Se7en, when the guy has to explain what happened in the brothel.

Most disturbing movie: Sybil.

Most disgusting movie: Human Centipede or Salň, take your pick. HC also qualifies as the most stupid. I still kick myself for watching it. I never finished Salň.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Most disturbing scene: in Se7en, when the guy has to explain what happened in the brothel.

Most disturbing movie: Sybil.

Most disgusting movie: Human Centipede or Salň, take your pick. HC also qualifies as the most stupid. I still kick myself for watching it. I never finished Salň.
    I second the brothel scene in Seven. And it works largely due to superb character actor Leland Orser's incredible acting. Just that and a picture of the 'weapon' is all you need...

I would also mention the scene where the guy on the bed suddenly moves. One of the best, genuine jump scares ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    I second the brothel scene in Seven. And it works largely due to superb character actor Leland Orser's incredible acting. Just that and a picture of the 'weapon' is all you need...
    Exactly, because it forces you to imagine what happened. The mind is almost always more effective than the eyes.

BTW, I knew the actor's name because he co-starred on ER for many years but I figured no one else would know it. My apologies.

He was so good in that scene.

I would also mention the scene where the guy on the bed suddenly moves. One of the best, genuine jump scares ever.
    I wasn't startled by that but, yes, another great moment.

That movie, as a whole, was pretty disturbing and everything about it was top notch: direction (especially), cinematography, editing, acting, set design, etc. Excellent movie.

"Seven" ranks right up there for me too. The first time I saw "Blair Witch Project" I walked out of that one with the creeps. There are some others that are right at the tip of my brain, but not coming to me. I will have to think about this one.

The Girl Next Door. The one based on the Jack Ketchum novel. This was so disturbing as it was also based on a true story. People are the
    most horrific monsters of all!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

GOtta go with Wait Until Dark, the only movie ever to give me nightmares.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Hands down most disturbing for me, Antichrist.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Most disturbing movie, it used to be Alien for me. Saw it in the theater when I was 10. The chest burster scene haunted me for years. Still one of my favorite franchises. More recently it is Hereditary. Probably the only movie that had me asking myself WTF did I just watch? I’ve had to rewatch it many times. What a mindfuck of a movie. Brilliant!

Bone Tomahawk is a movie that i found unexpectedly disturbing. There are a couple of scenes of gore that are very uncomfortable to watch.

I think it was the fact that on the face of it, it was a sort of revenge western, then it morphs into a sort of horror/zombie type movie.

Saw the new Borat movie last night. It had quite a few chuckles in it. If you liked the first one you will probably like this one. It is very much centered on Trump, so I am guessing Trump fans would not dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Irréversible would be high on the list for sure. Not far behind would be Funny Games, Audition, A Serbian Film, and the all time cult classic Salň.
    Audition
    Hands down, though some other good ones listed. All Gaspar Noe’s can be listed too.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Watched John Carpenter's The Thing recently. It still kicks ass and has some of the best FX ever, whether real or CGI. The paranoia is so true to life and it's got the great "You gotta be fucking kidding me" line with that creepy spider head.

Ugh, it still creeps me out.

JC's music for his flicks is awesome. The bump bump in The Thing, They Live and Halloween theme are iconic. Like you all didn't know that.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 10-30-2020 at 06:29 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Watched John Carpenter's The Thing recently. It still kicks ass and has some of the best FX ever, whether real or CGI. The paranoia is so true to life and it's got the great "You gotta be fucking kidding me" line with that creepy spider head.

Ugh, it still creeps me out.

JC's music for his flicks is awesome. The bump bump in The Thing, They Live and Halloween theme are iconic. Like you all didn't know that.
    Agree, still a great film.

The Thing is my favorite "horror" movie ever, and I'm not really a horror fan. But that one is great. The paranoia, isolation, and creature effects all make for a great combination. The dog kennel scene still gets me on the edge of my seat.

R.I.P. Sean Connery.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***