Page 240 of 394 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 9828

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Black Phillip? He's just a cute little scamp!
    He's an inquisitive little guy. Wouldst thou want to live deliciously?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Black Phillip? He's just a cute little scamp!

Yesterday I watched the movie Mr. Nobody (2009) which has a lovely soundtrack.
    Fantastic movie!

The complete soundtrack/score:

The original soundtrack by the late Pierre Van Dormael:

The Conjuring 2 It was okay, probably watch the third movie too.

Hunting Ground Low budget Sasquatch movie, but fairly decent.

Runaway Train Jon Voight plays a prisoner that breaks out of jail and hijacks a train. Pretty decent action film.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    The Conjuring 2 It was okay, probably watch the third movie too.
    I liked it a lot more than the first one. Haven't seen the third one, yet, but it's on my list. The offshoots involving the doll were pretty stupid.

Runaway Train Jon Voight plays a prisoner that breaks out of jail and hijacks a train. Pretty decent action film.
    Based on a story by Akira Kurosawa, fyi. Voight's finest role, too. BTW, it's an existential action film.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Based on a story by Akira Kurosawa, fyi. Voight's finest role, too. BTW, it's an existential action film.
    He did well in it, but played a villain, which I didn't like as much as other roles he's been in. His best movies for me has been Midnight Cowboy, and Deliverance.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We watched The Beastmaster (1982) because the late Tanya Roberts. B movies are better than anything on TV these daze.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    We watched The Beastmaster (1982) because the late Tanya Roberts. B movies are better than anything on TV these daze.
    Saw it in the theater and loved it, but back then, I thought ferrets were cool.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quantim of Solace - Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Two amazing Brazilian films I watched recently both directed by Kleber Mendonca Filho

Bacurau (2019)

Totally bonkers film about a small village under attack from tourists with guns.

Aquarius (2016)

Sonia Braga is magnificent here as a woman beseiged by a nefarious corporation who wants here oceanfront condo.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Quantim of Solace - Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!
    The new one has now been pushed back to November even though it has been in the can for more than 2 years. We will be seeing that one in IMAX for sure.

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It--it was okay. I may have liked it better than the second one, but both don't quite do it for me. Both wrapped up rather quickly in the third act by a simple way to resolve things. I can see why teens and younger people than me like these, but for me a large part of them come off as hokum.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It--it was okay.
    Agreed. I disagree with you about Conjuring 2, tho. I thought it was good and much better than C1, which was better than C3.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Courier was quite good based on cold war British business man spying.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Courier was quite good based on cold war British business man spying.
    I've got that on my list (The Courier, btw). I keep forgetting to watch it, tho.

David Crosby - Remember My Name - David reminisces.

Better Days - From China, a story about school bullying, a universal problem. Very well done. Mandarin with English subtitles.

Lars and the Real Girl--indie film, better than I thought it would be with such a wacky premise about a man falling in love with a plastic doll. I avoided for that reason, but if you can find it streaming somewhere it's worth a watch.
    Last edited by hippypants; 06-22-2021 at 04:49 PM.

The World's End, the final film in Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's final installment in the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). This wasn't in my local theaters when it was released so it slipped past us. Man, what a ride. Tremendous action but as always some heart. This time around Pegg plays the buffoon and Nick Frost is the voice of reason, which was refreshing. Nine out of ten pints of fizzy tasteless lager.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

We saw this in the theater yesterday and really enjoyed it. There were many laughs to be found and the cast was great. Selma Hayek was a riot playing quite a different character from her normal roles. Reynolds and Jackson were also great. I am not sure if I ever saw the first movie, but we watched a synopsis on YouTube prior to seeing this one. I don't think you need to have seen the first one to enjoy this one.

Hitman's Bodyguard is a favorite at our household. Looking forward to seeing Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard with the same great cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The World's End, the final film in Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's final installment in the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). This wasn't in my local theaters when it was released so it slipped past us. Man, what a ride. Tremendous action but as always some heart. This time around Pegg plays the buffoon and Nick Frost is the voice of reason, which was refreshing. Nine out of ten pints of fizzy tasteless lager.
    I have been meaning to watch this for so long, but always forget. Thanks for the reminder. is it still on Prime? Gotta put it in my list. I've loved this crew since one of my favorite TV series Spaced

Psycho Goreman on Shudder. I don't even know what to say...hilariously ridiculous. I think I can only recommend this to Lou

Spookies on Shudder. Hadn't seen this since in ages and it's such cheesy, 80's horror fun. Pretty cool practical effects.

Love and Monsters I thought this was a blast. Definitely scratched that monsters in the apocalypse itch some of us in here have. I thought the kid who played Joel was great. Found myself really pulling for him. Cool effects, likeable characters and Michael Rooker. I like anything this dude is in.

My Octopus Teacher I was in the mood to watch something short and have always been a fan of octopuses so I said what the hell. Whaddya know...turns out this wound up being a pretty fascinating and moving story. Very glad I watched it.

Speed 2 - Cruise Control I put it on last night and watched the whole stupid thing. I have no idea why especially with probably the dumbest last third of any movie ever, but I did. I was so annoyed at the end that it effected my sleep and I was particularily ornery at work today.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Hitman's Bodyguard is a favorite at our household. Looking forward to seeing Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard with the same great cast.
    As I mentioned in my original post, I am not sure if I have ever seen the first film all the way through, but almost every review I have read states this is one of those rare times when the sequel is better than the original. I think you will dig it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

My Octopus Teacher I was in the mood to watch something short and have always been a fan of octopuses so I said what the hell. Whaddya know...turns out this wound up being a pretty fascinating and moving story. Very glad I watched it.

We were down visiting some friends in Alabama a few weeks ago and got turned on to this film. It was very interesting and I had the same reaction of being glad that I watched it.

Imperium - An FBI agent (Daniel Radcliffe) goes undercover to infiltrate a terrorist organization of white supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We were down visiting some friends in Alabama a few weeks ago and got turned on to this film. It was very interesting and I had the same reaction of being glad that I watched it.
    You're a Red Wing fan. You had to watch it
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak