Page 46 of 397 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 9904

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Why can't some of these smoking hot inter planetary super hero women come from a planet where they all wear thong bikinis?
    I like Ms. Marvel's original 1970's outfit.

Don't forget Vampirella of Drakulon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    The planet would have to be Uranus.
    Sounds like the planet where the sausage fest originated, bruh.

Thank you Dropforge! Hollywood should put you in charge of female superhero wardrobe!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    Carol Danvers has been around since the 60s. She was Ms. Marvel for most of that time, and about 10 years ago took the name Captain Marvel.
    Jude Law will play Mar-Vell in the upcoming movie.

Edited to add:
    You mentioned white hair. That was Genis-Vell, Mar-Vell's son.
    Had a quick look at my Captain Marvel comics, (I have all of the green and white uni CMs, except #1, as well as a few of the red uni CMs from the early 70s.) Yes, Carol Danvers is a regular character, working at the think tank where Mar-Vell assumes another's identity. In none of those early issues was she a superhero. Plus, pretty sure she was human. Captain Marvel was a "Space Born Super Hero."

And Mar-Vell had white hair. Don't know about a son, he hadn't made an appearance in the books I have. Danvers was a blonde, so they did get that right.

Yeah, I probably just lied.

My internet box tells me that it was 1969 when she mixed up her genes with Marvel's, and the late 70s when she took on the identity of Ms. Marvel.
    It's comics. 100 people become every hero, or every hero is reborn 100 times.

My internet box tells me that it was 1969 when she mixed up her genes with Marvel's, and the late 70s when she took on the identity of Ms. Marvel.
    Yeah, how many different Robins were there? And then is it Marvel or DC who started dabbling in alternate universes, where you get all these alternate universes, where Green Lantern is a bad guy and the Wonder Twins never existed or whatever.

Man, the last few pages make me grateful that I don't give a rat's ass about Superhero Comic movies. Give me stark gritty reality any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Man, the last few pages make me grateful that I don't give a rat's ass about Superhero Comic movies. Give me stark gritty reality any day of the week.
    Suit yourself.

Personally, I get enough stark gritty reality from reality, so I like to have fun at the movies sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Dude, I'm not at war with you.
    At this point I honestly can't tell if you're serious, or just trolling. But maybe you call your friends "shills" too whenever you disagree with them.

I still disagree with the narrative you continue to push, although it's not nearly as annoying as the "Tony Banks hates Steve Hackett" mythology that has been perpetuated over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Suit yourself.

Personally, I get enough stark gritty reality from reality, so I like to have fun at the movies sometimes.
    I can think of hundreds and hundreds of reality based movies, whether they be dramas, comedies, mystery/thrillers or action/adventure movies, where I had great fun and enjoyment watching them. It's odd to me that you apparantly think people can't have fun/enjoyment at such movies, which make up the large majority of films. Do you honestly only have fun watching films when they are Superhero Comic Book movies? If so, I'm sorry for you.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 09-18-2018 at 11:44 PM.

I can think of hundreds and hundreds of reality based movies, whether they be dramas, comedies, mystery/thrillers or action/adventure movies, where I had great fun and enjoyment watching them. It's odd to me that you apparantly think people can't have fun/enjoyment at such movies, which make up the large majority of films. Do you honestly only have fun watching films when they are Superhero Comic Book movies?
    Nope, I was referring specifically to movies featuring "stark gritty reality", not simply movies based in reality. But I think you already knew that.

The terms "stark" and "gritty" are not normally what I would associate with having fun, but of course YMMV. I see no need to denigrate anything here. For what it's worth, I also watch plenty of movies that are not fun.

For what it's worth, I also watch plenty of movies that are not fun.
    Lmao, okey dokey then.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Lets try and make sure we dont get another movie thread shutdown folks? Ok?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah, I probably just lied.

Yeah, I get that. I'd just rather they start at the beginning and get to later stuff in the sequels. You said that they've cast a Mar-Vell character. Are they just going to ignore his "history" as Captain Marvel?

If she was getting it on with Mar-Vell in '69, (yeah, I know) it would be taking place during the relevant years for me, so I'll have to check a little closer.

I can get that looking out from my front porch.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

Really? How can there be any real conversation about something subjective as movies without some disagreement? Just keep the feces flinging courteous .
    And for the record , I find the endless stream of superhero movies is now jumping the shark. Its at the same point as in the 40's with Dracula vs the Wolfman vs Frankenstien and the Invisible Man . Oh , I forgot , these are "important " movies. Sorry.

Little Evil

Caught this Netflix original last night. Wasn't what I expected. Lucas is a 5 yr old Damienesque looking (The Omen) boy. Very quiet and sullen.
    New stepdad Gary comes to move in with him and his mom. (the gorgeous Evangeline Lilly). Bad things seem to happen to people that Lucas doesn't
    like.Is he the antichrist?

This movie was a lot of fun. Pretty much a dry humor comedy. Gary's co worker Al, a rather large lesbian woman, is a riot. It judiciously borrows from
    The Omen, and The Shining. Klonk, this is right up your alley!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Little Evil

Caught this Netflix original last night. Wasn't what I expected. Lucas is a 5 yr old Damienesque looking (The Omen) boy. Very quiet and sullen.
    New stepdad Gary comes to move in with him and his mom. (the gorgeous Evangeline Lilly). Bad things seem to happen to people that Lucas doesn't
    like.Is he the antichrist?

This movie was a lot of fun. Pretty much a dry humor comedy. Gary's co worker Al, a rather large lesbian woman, is a riot. It judiciously borrows from
    The Omen, and The Shining. Klonk, this is right up your alley!
    this has been in My List on Netflix for a while now. Maybe it's time I pulled the trigger...

aL8IIv%fSqODdPFTJf3s%w.jpg
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    this has been in My List on Netflix for a while now. Maybe it's time I pulled the trigger...

aL8IIv%fSqODdPFTJf3s%w.jpg
    I was the same way. It sat it my list for months. The still made it look like an Omen ripoff. Pull the trigger.

Has it gotten that bad?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It was heading that way IMHO.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Has it gotten that bad?
    Let me just say that watching a DC-vs-Marvel nerd battle had us Kirk-vs-Picard folks snickering and pointing at you guys, saying "Look at the dorks."

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Let me just say that watching a DC-vs-Marvel nerd battle had us Kirk-vs-Picard folks snickering and pointing at you guys, saying "Look at the dorks."

It wasn't actually about DC versus Marvel, at least not where I was coming from. Some folks (or at least one person) tried to turn it into that though.

It wasn't actually about DC versus Marvel, at least not where I was coming from. Some folks (or at least one person) tried to turn it into that though.
    I was merely skimming and from this casual viewer it appeared to be that (DC versus Marvel).

Just remember that it takes two to make an argument, a fact that I need to remember for myself also.