Page 45 of 397 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 9906

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

That last post by Chris is sig-worthy........

I have a short attention span but Chris's posts are always worth reading. Unless he's going on about KISS...

The trailer for Captain Marvel has dropped

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Looks good to me.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

saw Juliet naked the other day probably a good movie for us forum dwellers to see.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Oh yes, I saw it. And it doesn't change the fact that Captain Marvel was already a movie that had been announced well before Wonder Woman was. All they were saying was that Wonder Woman's performance made them more confident that Captain Marvel would do well, not that they were waiting to start making it until after Wonder Woman had already come out. There are a million other reasons why it could have taken so long to get through development.
    There are, but that's the most likely one. Captain Marvel didn't start filming until this past March, btw. They took their suh-weet time getting to it.

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...start-filming/

Doesn't matter what "In development" means to you. They announced a female-led Captain Marvel movie long before a Wonder Woman movie was actually being put together for real and not just an idea being passed back and forth.
    If all "in development" means to you is a tile on a Scrabble board, then a Wonder Woman placeholder's been floating around WB a lot longer than that.

And please show me where they "admitted it".
    Already did.

C'mon, give it a rest, man.
    May want to heed your own advice, bud. Your fanboy amulet's starting to flicker.

Captain Marvel will somehow bring the dead Avengers back for IW 2
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I need to learn how to be more concise.
    Now that's a nice concise sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    There are, but that's the most likely one. Captain Marvel didn't start filming until this past March, btw. They took their suh-weet time getting to it.

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...start-filming/
    That's also the one possibility that's most convenient to support your argument. Funny how you'd pick that one!

Present all the facts, not just the ones that support your opinion. Filming on Captain Marvel started in March of this year, but Brie Larson had already been cast as the character back in mid-2016. She would not have been unveiled as Captain Marvel at the San Diego Comic-Con if Feige and Marvel did not have faith in female superheroes getting their own movies. Right?

Already did.
    Then please show me, because I haven't been able to find where you provided it.

May want to heed your own advice, bud. Your fanboy amulet's starting to flicker.
    Why am I a fanboy for calling bullcrap on your 'Kevin Feige had no faith in female-led CBMs until Wonder Woman' allegation?

Your memory and argument technique seem to be highly selective, and evasive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I have a short attention span but Chris's posts are always worth reading. Unless he's going on about KISS...
    Same here -- although oftentimes at lot of it is way over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The trailer for Captain Marvel has dropped

Sweet! I haven't watched it yet... Waiting until I get home from work. Honestly wasn't expecting a trailer this early, but I guess it makes sense with the moving coming out in the spring.

That's also the one possibility that's most convenient to support your argument. Funny how you'd pick that one!

Present all the facts, not just the ones that support your opinion. Filming on Captain Marvel started in March of this year, but Brie Larson had already been cast as the character back in mid-2016. She would not have been unveiled as Captain Marvel at the San Diego Comic-Con if Feige and Marvel did not have faith in female superheroes getting their own movies. Right?

Then please show me, because I haven't been able to find where you provided it.

Why am I a fanboy for calling bullcrap on your 'Kevin Feige had no faith in female-led CBMs until Wonder Woman' allegation?

Your memory and argument technique seem to be highly selective, and evasive.
    Please, tell me again how your general reaction to my comments is not that of a butthurt Marvel fan.

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

This is the type of conversation that I've heard in line at events such as Star Wars movies and Comic Expos.

Tell me about it. Still not as bad as some of those legendary Yes vs. Magma threads.

Oh whatever! This is PE, what else would you guys expect?

Please, tell me again how your general reaction to my comments is not that of a butthurt Marvel fan.
    What would I have to be "butthurt" about exactly?

You keep trying to make this about Marvel fanboyism instead of the thing I was talking about, which is a weak argument man. Just take down that strawman already.

Oh whatever! This is PE, what else would you guys expect?
    Same difference, really. Now I feel like starting a "Magma's overrated" thread just to stir an even bigger pot.

You keep trying to make this about Marvel fanboyism instead of the thing I was talking about, which is a weak argument man. Just take down that strawman already.
    Again, just read my first post. Nothing's changed.

Again, just read my first post. Nothing's changed.
    If you say so.

I have a feeling if we could talk in person (preferably over a beer or two), we'd probably get along much better. Truce?

Tell me about it. Still not as bad as some of those legendary Yes vs. Magma threads.
    "Yes vs Magma"?! I can only imagine what that must have been like. I happen to like both.

What got me where the people who were up in arms back in 2002, when it was announced that Magma would be one of the headlining bands at the 2003 NEARfest. I couldn't believe that. There were people who are actually incensed that a legendary band like Magma were given headlining status.

And then there was the Keith Emerson vs Aretha Franklin thread I unintentionally kicked off on Facebook a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You wouldn't be you if you were concise.

I say that with affection, Chris!
    But I can't believe anyone actually takes the time to read all of that verbage. It just sort of happens.

But I'm actually better than I used to be. Back in the mid 90's, when I was still on Prodigy, someone asked for an explanation of the plot to The Wall. And I let him have it. I forget how many pages it was, but I know I had to put up several posts, like 3 or 4, each of which was maxed out to the maximum length a single post could be, to explain the damn thing. I can't believe I actually did that.

If you say so.

I have a feeling if we could talk in person (preferably over a beer or two), we'd probably get along much better. Truce?
    Dude, I'm not at war with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    And then there was the Keith Emerson vs Aretha Franklin thread I unintentionally kicked off on Facebook a couple weeks ago.
    What's next, Marvin Gaye vs. Yngwie J. Malmsteen?

Why can't some of these smoking hot inter planetary super hero women come from a planet where they all wear thong bikinis?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

What's next, Marvin Gaye vs. Yngwie J. Malmsteen?
    Well, what happened was, I brought up the thread here where someone was kvetching about Aretha Franklin's passing getting more press than Keith Emerson's. One of my musician friends suggested that Keith made better music, then went on to carry on about how he saw ELP do the entire Karn Evil 9 suite in concert back in 1973 or whenever it was. He also admitted he's "not a fan" of R&B music.

So this went on a bit longer, with me trying to explain Aretha's cultural significance, etc, and the same guy fires back with "Oh, she had a great voice, but she had weak material. Keith Emerson was a genius". At that point, I pulled the plug on the whole thread, deleted the original post, because I couldn't see any point in letting it persist. I mean, if you're gonna refer to Chain Of Fools, Natural Woman, RESPECT, Think, hell, even Freeway Of Love, as "weak material", I mean, there's not much of a conversation I can have with you on that topic. (shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Why can't some of these smoking hot inter planetary super hero women come from a planet where they all wear thong bikinis?
    The planet would have to be Uranus.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak