Page 398 of 403 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 10065

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    So to make up for it I watched The Beekeeper and all was right again.

7.1 out of 10 bodies per minute
    I put that on my watchlist sometime last week and watched over the weekend. Lots of over the top fight scenes but, like John Wick, was entertaining. 7/10 is about right.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Watched Rebel Moon Part 2 last night because the wife wanted to. Didn't believe it could be worse than part 1 but it was. Cardboard characters, magnificent 7 in space, d4eadful dialogue. Dear god it's bad, cheese, on cheese on cheese.
    Thoughts and prayers
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Watched Rebel Moon Part 2 last night because the wife wanted to. Didn't believe it could be worse than part 1 but it was. Cardboard characters, magnificent 7 in space, d4eadful dialogue. Dear god it's bad, cheese, on cheese on cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Thoughts and prayers
    Apparently Snyder wants this to be a six movie series and my wife will want to see all of them.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

“Pricilla” HBO Max – My wife wanted to watch this one based on the book “Elvis & Me” by Pricilla Presley which she had read. I Didn’t love it or hate it. The movie came out shortly after Bass Lehrman’s “Elvis” movie starring Austin Butler last year, and I thought it had kind of a thrown together feel to it. Almost like they rushed production in order to cash in on the popularity of the other movie. The acting by the leads is good, although Jacob Elordi is no Austin Butler. Cailey Spaney does a nice job as Pricilia,” but nothing earth shattering. The end of the movie is rather abrupt. Not a bad film, but not a great one either.

2.5 out of 5 for me.

Apparently Snyder wants this to be a six movie series and my wife will want to see all of them.
    Condolences. My spousal unit has "tastes" that subject me to a plethora of shit I have less than zero interest in.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

That's no way to spend your retirement, man!!!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Condolences. My spousal unit has "tastes" that subject me to a plethora of shit I have less than zero interest in.
    So just go practice your guitar at Who levels. What's the problem?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Saw a very interesting horror movie last night at the local rep theatre. Late Night With the Devil (2023) This film has a really cool premise and captures perfectly the vibe of 1970s era talk shows. At times funny and at times disturbing and well worth a watch.

Neil

Ooh yeah, I really loved Late Night With The Devil

Along similar lines (and I do apologize if this is repeated further back in this thread), "All You Need is Death" is very weird and very cool cosmic/folk horror. It isn't really the same, but it kind of invoked Berbarian Sound Studio for me.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Along similar lines (and I do apologize if this is repeated further back in this thread), "All You Need is Death" is very weird and very cool cosmic/folk horror. It isn't really the same, but it kind of invoked Berbarian Sound Studio for me.

Terrific soundtrack album.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I watched a couple of comedies off the comedy channel. I'm not a huge comedy fan, but Black Sheep with Chris Farley & Spade had a few laughs. The other was Dirty Work with Norm MacDonald and Artie Lange. It had a few laughs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Saw a very interesting horror movie last night at the local rep theatre. Late Night With the Devil (2023) This film has a really cool premise and captures perfectly the vibe of 1970s era talk shows. At times funny and at times disturbing and well worth a watch.

Neil
    I want to see this for sure.

Watched the Adam Sandler film, Spaceman on Netflix. Pretty interesting, but I'd have a hard time explaining all of it.

Neil
    This was interesting but more comedy than horror. I couldn't make out the ending, although the Tomorrow show, Joe Franklin and David Susskind memories were great.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I need to see this, for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yikes. I just can't deal with that sort of thing. My partner and I intersect at some tastes and not at others. If she wants to watch something that I'm not interested in, she's on her own and vice versa. Godspeed.

Neil

Neil
    Where did you watch this? When I look it up it says "in theaters", but it has not come to any theaters here unless I completely missed it.

It already came/went from theaters I believe. I watched it on Shudder

It already came/went from theaters I believe. I watched it on Shudder
    It still isn't on Shudder for me. Looking forward to watching it though.

Not watching those trailers you guys posted. I'm done with em. They give away WAYYY too much of the plot anymore.

Beastmaster ('81)

Corny old fantasy that doesn't hold up all that well, but I still like to watch because of how much I loved it as a kid. I still think those bat people that hug you into a pile of bones are pretty fuckin cool.

5.9 out of 10 Tanya Roberts
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    It still isn't on Shudder for me. Looking forward to watching it though.

Not watching those trailers you guys posted. I'm done with em. They give away WAYYY too much of the plot anymore.

Beastmaster ('81)

Corny old fantasy that doesn't hold up all that well, but I still like to watch because of how much I loved it as a kid. I still think those bat people that hug you into a pile of bones are pretty fuckin cool.

5.9 out of 10 Tanya Roberts
    Really? It's here for me: https://www.shudder.com/movies/watch...3cf7d1abbb7162

Landed last Friday so it's a very recent addition, FWIW...

Tanya Roberts.....

I remember that Tanya did a very soft core pictorial for Playboy with the release of Beastmaster. She posed with some big cats, if I remember correctly. That was a nice era.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Beastmaster was the one with the ferrets following the dude around, wasn't it? Corny AF, but I remember liking it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Where did you watch this? When I look it up it says "in theaters", but it has not come to any theaters here unless I completely missed it.
    Steve, I see a lot of great stuff, including Late Night with the Devil, at my local repertory film theatre. All kinds of newer and vintage films from a variety of genres, with a good emphasis on exploitation/horror/foreign/b-movies....so, right up may alley, haha. Ana and I love this place. It's over a 100 years old, and is in our end of town.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Beastmaster was the one with the ferrets following the dude around, wasn't it? Corny AF, but I remember liking it at the time.
    You say that, like it's a bad thing.

Neil