Page 222 of 397 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 9911

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

^ On Prime also. 90 min, very high ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks for this post. I'll look on Prime for this, which will be of keen interest to me.
    I spent an afternoon with Dr. Shulgin several months before he passed. An enjoyable time.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Wife and I watched an oldie from the '80s that I don't think I'd seen before:

After Hours, a fast-paced dark comedy from Martin Scorsese. We liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Wife and I watched an oldie from the '80s that I don't think I'd seen before:

After Hours, a fast-paced dark comedy from Martin Scorsese. We liked it.
    It has been a long time since I have seen it, but remember it being really strange, but good. It is hard to go wrong with Scorsese.

^I'm glad I bought it because I will want to see it again after a while.

We finally watched "A Quiet Place" the other night. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Zardoz

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We finally watched "A Quiet Place" the other night. I liked it, but didn't love it.
    I saw it in the theater when it came out, and I don't think I've ever been in a movie theater that was that quiet. It was a unique experience.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I saw it in the theater when it came out, and I don't think I've ever been in a movie theater that was that quiet. It was a unique experience.
    As I was watching it I was thinking that it would be a completely different experience in a theater.

Last night we watched The Dig, a lovely little film about the 1939 excavation in Suffolk, England that revealed a buried viking ship and a ton of Anglo-Saxon artifacts from around the 6th century. It's a low-key character drama above all else, beautifully shot and acted, and with a fine score. Ticks all the boxes, and as a bonus I got to stare at Lily James who I am so in love with that I see a restraining order in my future.

I love films like this. They are essentially the opposite of what passes for entertainment for most people nowadays, but I'm glad they have enough of an audience that they still get made.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^ I'd be very interested in that one. I'll have to see if it's on Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Last night we watched The Dig, a lovely little film about the 1939 excavation in Suffolk, England that revealed a buried viking ship and a ton of Anglo-Saxon artifacts from around the 6th century. It's a low-key character drama above all else, beautifully shot and acted, and with a fine score. Ticks all the boxes, and as a bonus I got to stare at Lily James who I am so in love with that I see a restraining order in my future.

I love films like this. They are essentially the opposite of what passes for entertainment for most people nowadays, but I'm glad they have enough of an audience that they still get made.
    Any hooters?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Any hooters?
    No.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

No.
    Maybe he meant owls...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Maybe he meant owls...
    Or 80s Pop bands playing a melodeon, or somesuch.

Maybe he meant owls...
    Still no, though.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Any hooters?
    No hooters, No Lou or Klonk!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Miyagi - Fascinating documentary about Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita. Probably best known as Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid movies, but his life story is utterly fascinating. From his early childhood illness, time spent in the Japanese camps after Pearl Harbour, his early days as a stand-up comedian, alcohol addiction and his unhappiness at being stereotyped early in his career. Highly recommended.

Space Sweepers - big budget Korean sci fi movie. The plot involves a bunch of salvagers of different backgrounds competing for salvage in space. That's it.

It's an almighty mess of a movie. It's complete CGI overload, almost every scene has some sort of effects. The characters are annoying, the script is non existent, and the acting is dreadful. And there is a 'cute' robot that is just annoying.

I literally could not get through more than 30 minutes of it...and I tried twice.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Miyagi - Fascinating documentary about Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita. Probably best known as Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid movies, but his life story is utterly fascinating.
    Arnold from Happy Days?

Arnold from Happy Days?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I'd be very interested in that one. I'll have to see if it's on Prime.
    The Dig is a Netflix original, so not on Prime. I agree with Progatron. It was a fine movie.

^ Thanks. I didn't find it when I looked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    they are certainly helpful for a higher rating!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Watched the HBO John Stewart film “Irresistible” last night staring Steve Carell based on a friend’s recommendation. I thought it was a cute film and enjoyed it. The film is basically a comedy about campaign financing that takes place in a small town in Wisconsin. My wife being from Wisconsin, we found the depiction of small-town Wisconsin life to be quite funny and accurate. The film takes a twist towards the end that I didn’t really see coming and helps make the whole thing make more sense. Anyway, not a great film, but I enjoyed it. Here is the trailer if anyone is interested.