Page 193 of 394 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 9828

Thread: Movies - Take Two. Action!

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post

There's no way a narcissistic sociopath like Epstein was going to stand trial and spend the rest of his life in jail.

He cheated everybody and killed himself.
    If only all narcissistic sociopaths would do that.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I really enjoy all of the Mission Imposibles
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Another thign about Tom Cruise, I imagine a lot of people didn't see this: there was some TV show that pranked him by putting a fake reporter with a booby trapped mic to a press junket or whatever you call it. The guy asked a question as Tom started to talk, the mic sprayed water at him, and he got really upset and called the pranker a jerk or something, and he said it in a tone of voice that suggested he wasn't kidding. So in addition to everything, from my point of view, the guy also has no sense of humor about himself.

Having said that, as I said, he's been in some movies I've liked.

But man you guys got a lot of nerve criticizing my tastes in movies when you're over here praising that Mission: Impossible drivel. For all of his talents as an actor, Tom Cruise is no Peter Graves. Or Martin Landau, for that matter.
    Over the years I would see some of the Candid Camara type stuff and some of the pranks aren't funny for the prankie. I could totally see myself punching someone out even after the prank is revealed. How cool would it be to break someones nose and say into the camara ,Now that's funny . So in my eyes Cruise gets a pass on that one.
    As for a Peter Graves / Tom Cruise comparison , I don't think it advanced your point any.

Pretty rude thing to do, actually. Tom gave him a scoldin'.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

Pretty rude thing to do, actually. Tom gave him a scoldin'.
    Having seen this for the first time I have to say Cruise's reaction was excellent . No tantrum , he actually could be said to have handled it with class. Tom 1 , butthead nothing ZERO.

Not a fan of Cruise but that's because Scientology grinds my gears. Haven't seen any MI not because of him but because I don't care. Anyway....

Had a bunch of movies recorded from a free SHowtime weekend a while back and have deleted a few now.

The Wind - Have no clue what it was, what was going on, why it was going on. Some people died then it ended.

The Election - Matthew Broderick, Reese Witherspoon - Seemed like a comedy, then wasn't, then ended. Not sure why this was made as there seemed to be no point to the movie.

Hampstead - Diane Keaton - Ok. Nothing to write home about.

Couple others I forget. Oh, Costner and Eastwood, A Perfect World IIRC. Again, ok. Nothing special.

Pretty much a wasted day. So gonna do Tremors in a couple hours. Can't go wrong with any of that franchise.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Having seen this for the first time I have to say Cruise's reaction was excellent . No tantrum , he actually could be said to have handled it with class. Tom 1 , butthead nothing ZERO.
    I agree, if I were in that same position I would have gotten a lot more pissed than Cruise did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Not a fan of Cruise but that's because Scientology grinds my gears. Haven't seen any MI not because of him but because I don't care. Anyway....

Had a bunch of movies recorded from a free SHowtime weekend a while back and have deleted a few now.

The Wind - Have no clue what it was, what was going on, why it was going on. Some people died then it ended.

The Election - Matthew Broderick, Reese Witherspoon - Seemed like a comedy, then wasn't, then ended. Not sure why this was made as there seemed to be no point to the movie.

Couple others I forget. Oh, Costner and Eastwood, A Perfect World IIRC. Again, ok. Nothing special.

Pretty much a wasted day. So gonna do Tremors in a couple hours. Can't go wrong with any of that franchise.
    "Election" is a very strange movie, but I dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post

You should have a movie critic YouTube channel. It would go viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I haven't seen Mission Impossible so I have no opinion of it, but you have to understand how a large percentage of a group of film buffs might view the tastes of someone who knows every last detail of some mindless 80s comedy, but refuses to even watch Godfather II, one of the most praised films of all time (rightly so).
    I don't know why I've bothering responding to this, but...

Do you actually understand why I'm disinterested in The Godfather II?! Do you understand that I spent 3 hours of my life (actually more, with the commercial breaks) watching the first Godfather, and found it uninteresting?! Now, I don't know about you, but to me, when you watch a movie you end up not liking, skipping the sequels seems like common sense.

Alright, I've got plebeian tastes in movies. I admit it. Heavy Metal, Rock And Rule, The Blues Brothers, Sixteen Candles, Rock And Roll High School, Piranha II: The Spawning, and Jaws 3 are all "trash". There, I said it. But so what?!

Next you're gonna give me grief because I prefer A Day At The Races over A Night At The Opera.

I'm guessing that you don't tend to read entire posts to absorb the message contained within. Maybe when you're done flying off the handle and foaming at the mouth, you can go back and see that I did specifically point out that there's nothing wrong with different tastes. Even threw in a little smiley face for added lightheartedness. Said there shouldn't be judgment. Gave my own little example of when my tastes were judged and even mocked. All of which went straight over your head, apparently. Here, I'll try again:

If you tout movies like Pirahna II: The Spawning, but disregard The Godfather, you have to expect that some film enthusiasts will at least poke fun - which you should, in your forties (I think?) be able to take.

I have no idea what the Queen reference has to do with anything.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

But man you guys got a lot of nerve criticizing my tastes in movies when you're over here praising that Mission: Impossible drivel. For all of his talents as an actor, Tom Cruise is no Peter Graves. Or Martin Landau, for that matter.

I've been watching the old MI TV series late at night. I wish Me TV would switch around their programming so you could see some of these old detective shows at a reasonable hour. They are really pretty good. One things is for sure, that Barbara Bain was one beautiful woman.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You should have a movie critic YouTube channel. It would go viral.
    Sure. Something happened, some other stuff happened, then there was this thing, you know, then some more stuff happened and then there was a cat, and someone died, I think. The end.

Gee, I seem to be getting pretty good at this sort of thing.

My friends are always telling me I should do a music podcast. Like, who frakking cares what I have to say? It's all already been said.

I don't have the brightest of friends. One thinks he can beat up a kangaroo. Very delusional, he is.

Next you're gonna give me grief because I prefer A Day At The Races over A Night At The Opera.
    BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also thought The Godfather was kinda boring. James Caan isn't Italian, either.

Ok, forgot why I came in here. Picked up this movie, What Do We Do In The Shadows and I'm twenty minutes in or so and it fantastic. Idiot vampires in the 21'st century arguing about who does the dishes.

Guess this was also a tv show also but this is where it came from and it seems to have promise. Let you know when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I agree, if I were in that same position I would have gotten a lot more pissed than Cruise did.
    More so because when Cruise attends premieres he devoted a lot of time to the fans and walks around and tries to speak to as many people as possible, have selfies taken, sign autographs etc. He comes across as someone who is grateful to his fanbase.

That's why I think his reaction was justified here. And he kept his response family friendly, didnt go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    More so because when Cruise attends premieres he devoted a lot of time to the fans and walks around and tries to speak to as many people as possible, have selfies taken, sign autographs etc. He comes across as someone who is grateful to his fanbase.

That's why I think his reaction was justified here. And he kept his response family friendly, didnt go crazy.
    Agreed.He does seem to care about the quality of the movies he's in. I cant think of an example of him phoning in job. Cant argue his commitment. Most of his movies are watchable, some good , some very good. Even Nicholson debased himself in Sandler's Anger Management.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    But dead men tell no tails, and he might have been blackmailing who knows who Prince Andrew? Trump?, so many others, etc. Better to nip that in the bud.
    To be fair, the miniseries mentions Trump as an acquaintance a couple times, but Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz were directly outed by victims, and while Bill Clinton claims to never have been to Epstein's private island, the private jet manifests that were produced state otherwise. Scumbags.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Man, I hated Spielberg's War of the Worlds - just so many cliches and Cruise is over the top.
    And here I thought you had a decent taste in movies. SMH.

So do we have a list of Tom Cruise's best pictures?
    I'm like many others here: I don't care for Cruise. But many of his movies are very good:

Taps. Altho, he had a small role in it.
    Rain Man
    A Few Good Men
    The Firm
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Magnolia
    Vanilla Sky
    Minority Report
    Collateral
    War of the Worlds
    Jack Reacher. I agree the sequel was crap.
    Oblivion
    Edge of Tomorrow. Which I didn't expect to like.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    To be fair, the miniseries mentions Trump as an acquaintance a couple times, but Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz were directly outed by victims, and while Bill Clinton claims to never have been to Epstein's private island, the private jet manifests that were produced state otherwise. Scumbags.
    Yeah, anybody that hobnobbed with Epstein wouldn't surprise me, even Bill Gates (although I have to think some are innocent inside that circle, and when you get that rich, you know a lot of people and have to network some for a lot of different reasons). There again I haven't seen the NF movie.

Clinton, oh yeah, he smoked weed, but didn't inhale--greatest line ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    The Netflix doc is much longer and more detailed than the ID series.
    There's no way a narcissistic sociopath like Epstein was going to stand trial and spend the rest of his life in jail. He cheated everybody and killed himself.
    Well, I'm sure jails are full of narcissistic sociopaths, but like I've said I haven't seen the doc. From talking to friends that have though, it seems the doc implicates a lot of people (not that they are guilty), but I'm sure they wouldn't want their name mentioned in a public trail. He may not have spent the rest of life in his jail--I'll have to rent the doc, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Agreed.He does seem to care about the quality of the movies he's in. I cant think of an example of him phoning in job. Cant argue his commitment. Most of his movies are watchable, some good , some very good. Even Nicholson debased himself in Sandler's Anger Management.
    Cruise has also kept himself in incredible physical shape. He is basically my age. I work out, but am not in half the physical shape that Cruise is in. He is still able to do a lot of physical acting even in his late 50's.

I am two episodes into the Epstein doc. It is very good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    "Election" is a very strange movie, but I dug it.
    It's been a few days and I've been thinking about this one and I still don't get it. Seems simple but it just missed the mark for me.

On to what I was watching last night, What We Do in the Shadows. Absolutely brilliant. Very funny mockumentary of four vamps in New Zealand. They did a great job with this one.

There's a tv show so I went to on demand and they only have the second season but I started that and it looks good. Guest in this episode was Haley Joel Osmont who dies quickly and stupidly. Made me think of Police Squad where the guest died at the end of the credits.

Watched Molly's Game tonight. Quite solid, well told and good acting. I'm so not a fan of that Sorkin dialogue style though. There isn't a moment's space to breathe, it's a constant barrage of back-and-forth exchanges that comes across as very unnatural to me. Nobody speaks that way, it's exhausting. Otherwise, enjoyed it quite a bit, and Jessica Chastain's cleavage is deserving of an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Well, I'm sure jails are full of narcissistic sociopaths, but like I've said I haven't seen the doc. From talking to friends that have though, it seems the doc implicates a lot of people (not that they are guilty), but I'm sure they wouldn't want their name mentioned in a public trail. He may not have spent the rest of life in his jail--I'll have to rent the doc, thanks.
    But not a lot of billionaire narcissistic sociopaths.

The Feds have access to everything he left behind in his four residences.

If there are compromising videos/photographs , eventually they'll be a leak.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone